Aches & Pains "Down Below"

AliBobble
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:23 pm 
Post subject: Aches & Pains "Down Below"
Hi Ladies,

I'm relatively new to this site & this is my first baby, and although I've coped really well so far without many problems (I'm 11 weeks 6 days & have my first scan in the morning - yipee!) I was just wondering if anyone ever got a dull ache or pain down in your lady bits? It's sounds gross so apologies, but every now & then at some stage every day, I will get a dull ache that feels like its in the walls of my vagina (sorry!) It's not just on one side either, and seems to randomly affect both sides at different times? It's not something I would associate with growing pains as it's way low down, but it is something that's only recently started to happen? Anyone else had a similar thing or should I be worried?

Sorry this is embarrasing, but having read some of the other topics I'm glad to say that this site is the Oracle of information of things too embarrasing to ask the GP!

Thanks,
Alex.
x
Amylou88
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:31 pm 
Post subject:
Don't be embarrassed Ali! How funny we're nearly exactly the same in weeks and i have my scan 2mrw morning too! Make sure you come on here 2mrw and let me know how it goes!

I get a pain sometimes thats not like a pain but like a weird stretching and it feels like its the bottom of your vagina but not, if u get what i mean! id that what you have?

Apparently Its where your pelvic bones are connected with cartilage and when you're pregnant a hormone is released to help relax muscles and things to help with labour and this weird feeling is that cartilage stretching. I work for a chiropractor and this is what he told me the feeling most likely was. Its nothing to worry about but you need to be careful not to sit with your legs crossed like on the floor, and when you get out of bed be careful to keep your knees together and swivel or else it could turn into Synthesis Pubis dysfunction (SPD) which apprently occurs later in pregnancy and is really painful!

But i'm not a DR so if you're worried speak to your MW i'm sure she's heard it all before and won;t be embarrassed! xx

AliBobble
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:42 pm 
Post subject:
That's EXACTLY how it feels - like a dull pain in the base of my vagina, appearing on different sides. Shall make sure I keep my knees together. Perhaps if I did that more often I wouldn't be in this predicament! (That's a joke - I coudn't resist!)

Fancy you having your scan tomorrow too! I'm at 9.20am but then have a meeting to go to straight from there, so will probably be back at my desk & online at around 2pm. Will defo compare notes when i'm back Smile

Hope you're goes ok. I'm dreading having to drink all that water & not be able to pee - I struggle at the best of times & even the car seatbelt makes me want to go. And what if there's five babies in there?! Feels like I'm big enough for it... Shocked

Speak tomorrow & take care,
Ali
x
Amylou88
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
haha! weird mines at 9.10! I'll be thinking of you and your sound of music cast in progress while i'm having my scan! Hopefully theres only one baby in me although it does feel like i could be carrying a baby elephant at the moment!

I'm goings shopping after with OH so will prob be on later afternoon! Speak soon and good luck xxx

TARNA
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hi All,

This is my first time on the forum & this is my 2nd pregnancy - I am only 5 weeks pregnant today!!

On my first pregnancy I had SPD & it was really painful as the time went on I felt it was more of a crushing pain. I spoke to my consultant & they made me an appointment with the physio department & they showed me some exercises & gave me a support belt bor my bump. It was a bit unconfortable but certainly took the strain off. Its worthwhile asking about it!!!

Smile
daninewry
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:33 am 
Post subject:
yep i got tht feeling! its so weird lol congrats on your pregnancy:) good luck for your scan! x
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:47 am 
Post subject:
I get this too, gosh how wierd, I thought it was just me x
AliBobble
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies,

I had my 12 week scan this morning & it was AMAZING!! Glad to report there is only one baby in there too! It was perfect, perfect, perfect. My husband & I were a bit blown away by it to be honest, and I've been a bit shell shocked since, looking at my tummy & thinking where is it? Where's it hiding? It was so active on the screen & even flipped to face the camera, so we could see it's eye sockets, nose bone & jaw - just awesome Very Happy

Amylou - how did you get on with your scan earlier?

xxx
GemmaLou1982
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:36 pm 
Post subject:
Omi God!! Congrats Alibobble, I had my 12 week scan on monday and I felt the same as you. Although sounds like yours was really active - mine however, was in an awkward position and I was told to bring my feet up onto the table, raise my hips and wiggle. After doing this the m/w put the thingy back on my belly and baby was bouncing around off the sides of the womb!!! I thought this was well funny and then started to think what happens to it when me and OH are having special cuddles Surprised

I'm starting to get a little thick around the waist now - Who am I kidding?! I've gone up a whole dress size. Not sure if any of it is baby tho Embarassed

Alibobble - did they confirm that you were 12 weeks today then?

Gems x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular