Best position to sleep in????

tay
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:28 am 
Post subject: Best position to sleep in????
HI,
I have found it hard to sleep as my bump has been getting bigger. I'm 29 weeks and think it must be some cruel way to get ready for sleepless nights!!!
I get myself in my fortress of pillows as recommended by midwife (v. romantic by the way when husband can't get near me!!!) Still i get pains!
Has anyone got any top tips?
Nic x
PS going away for first wedding anniversary - think i might have to lose the pillows this weekend!! Wink )
MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:19 am 
Post subject:
I brought a maternity pillow, it was the best thing ever!!! I still use it now whilst breastfeeding Freya.
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:30 am 
Post subject: Sleeping positions
I also have problems with my sleeping position. I've developed sciatica and am in a lot of pain in the morning if I sleep on my left side, and some pain if I sleep on my right. My midwife said I could sleep on my back if I was propped up with pillows but failed to suggest how far propped up and ways of doing this!! Any ideas anyone!
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:37 am 
Post subject:
Sorry guys but I think pillows are the way to go, well at least they were for me. I bought a 6ft long 1 Laughing and i snuggled into it, popped my tummy on top and it went inbetween my knees as well. PLUS I had a normal pillow behind my back. Like you say not very romantic but I wasnt looking for romance anyway by then Laughing Laughing You can get some really good maternity pillows like lillamb said too
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:39 am 
Post subject:
Huntermac wrote:
You can get some really good maternity pillows like lillamb said too

Lol thanks Huntermac, are you tired by any chance!?!
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:50 am 
Post subject:
LOL im always tired but why do you ask?
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:52 pm 
Post subject:
hi ladies, im having problems getting comfortable now in bed, and terrible leg cramps which reduce me to tears, any surgestions for these too pleaseeeeeeeeee xxx
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:26 pm 
Post subject:
I know how you feel Molly. I can't sleep on my back, but when i sleep on my side i wake up at least every hour because i have cramp in my leg or my shoulders have gone to sleep. I wake up in agony and like you say, i just want to cry! Aaaaarrrgh!! Baby out now!!!

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:33 pm 
Post subject:
I posted it in gen preg... but i'l put it here as well...

Hi ladies... i got one of these...............

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B000TLUG4A/sr=1-5/qid=1218120663/ref=sr_1_5/203-8439962-1549552?ie=UTF8&mcb=core

and it just tucks under ya bump.. giving extra support

...also have a V pillow that i cuddle, and a latex pillow 4 my head... but its a bit hit and miss lately....as i'm all over in bed Confused
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:33 pm 
Post subject:
bad in it, well your like me only a few weeks left!!!!! my 3rd child and never had leg cramps like this before x
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:48 pm 
Post subject:
I used to be ok with just the pillow under my tummy, but now i have them everywhere and it doesn't make any difference.

It doesn't help that i have two arms that i just don't seem to be able to do a thing with Confused

6 week countdown!! You'll probably be early won't you Molly if this is your 3rd?

I'm trying to bounce mine out on my birthing ball Laughing x

molly1973
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:49 pm 
Post subject:
im hoping ill be early, 1st was 10 days early, second was 6 days late, so hoping this one will be 2 weeks early lol xx
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:52 pm 
Post subject:
Not very consistant then, unhelpful children, honestly Rolling Eyes Laughing

Lauren89
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya girls...

Im only 17+ weeks pregnant and already i can't sleep proppley. I really can't sleep on my sides. Im so use to sleeping on my belly but i can't now coz my mum told me not to. My back is starting to play up, its starting to hurt me and i have had leg cramps but only in my one leg.

x x x x
x x x
x x
x
<3
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:48 am 
Post subject: Re: Sleeping positions
AngelaL76 wrote:
I also have problems with my sleeping position. I've developed sciatica and am in a lot of pain in the morning if I sleep on my left side, and some pain if I sleep on my right. My midwife said I could sleep on my back if I was propped up with pillows but failed to suggest how far propped up and ways of doing this!! Any ideas anyone!

is it definitely sciatica Angela? cos that's what I thought I had late on, but turned out it was a mis-aligned sacroilliac joint, due to my pelvis shifting too much in late pregnancy. If you have this its worth seeing your GP asap, as they will refer you for physio who should hopefully lend you a support band that you can wear day and night. Because i left it til after I had the baby, it got a lot worse and I ended up having months of physio, and it's still not completely right.
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular