PATERNITY LEAVE

alfieb
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:16 pm 
Post subject: PATERNITY LEAVE
hi im new!!, and i am a proud father who has just had a wonderfull baby boy!!

I was just wondering if any one knew or had advice or thinks im in the wrong about paternity leave and entitilments....

I work for a large multi billion pound transport company and have just been on 2 wks paternity leave and returned back to work last night, saturday night! only to find out that i owe 2 weekend shift turns due to me being on paternity leave?,when i asked what i owed them for the reply i got made me think that we still live in the 80`s ...... due to the policy of this company paternity leave is only from a monday to friday,but even tho' my contract states that i work a 5 day shift rota which includes a SATURDAY NIGHT ( 3 in every 4 weekends) they told me that i owed them these weekends...(which the manager has actually put me on bank holiday weekend cos it suits him...but thats another story).
Before my paternity leave i asked them about this predicament and they told me that it would suit me and them that if we put down on are paternity leave form and roster sheet that i took paternity from monday to friday rather then saturday because of this ruling and that it would benefit myself due to payments??
If this is to be then to me it sounds like people who work different day and night shifts are on the same paternity structure as 9 to 5 jobs?

Im sorry for the rambling on but this has got my back up and im a doting father who wants to spend as much time with my son as possible and not have to work the next 8 weekends in a row just because i owe them weekends??...

PLEASE CAN ANY ONE TELL ME IF IM WRONG OR WHO TO GO FOR FOR THE BEST ADFVICE ON THIS ? MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO READ THIS AND MAY HELP ME AND MY FAMILY !!!

[/u]
taramascara
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ya sorry 2 hear they r being such a pain about it all no1 likes 2 give owt 4 nowt My oh works shifts weekends n nights etc and he was told that his 2 weeks or 10 days are 10 of HIS working days !!! He would take leave for 7 days then have is 3 day break (not included) then a fyrther 3 days leave Hope this makes sense and helps you out a bit otherwise you could try CAB for some advice

Congrats on the birth of your son btw XXX
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
[/quote] thanku for the reply and will take into account what u have said im meeting with are union rep tomo to discuss this further ,but spoke to a few people and the same answer comes back that a company has loop holes and will try and get more out of u then excpected !! well im not sitting on this and will be taking this further ...contracts need to be updated throughout all industrys to help fathers out gone are the days of the wife looks after the child i want to spend as much time with my son as possible!!! I work to live not live to work ! ...many thanks for ur reply again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Dads' Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular