contraceptive pill

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:32 pm 
Post subject: contraceptive pill
i took contraceptive pill before i had my daughter and then went bak on it after i had her. but my periods are always painful and i have bleeding whilst taking my pills and then wen i have my 7 days break i dont start my period till 5th day into my break.

really dont no y this is?

wen i wa son pill before i never had painful periods and were very light and bled day 1st day into my 7 day break and never had bleeding whilst taking pills.

SexOnFire
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:37 pm 
Post subject:
Probably a silly question, is it the same pill that you had before you had your baby?
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:47 pm 
Post subject:
yer exactly the same one.

MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:14 pm 
Post subject:
When i was about 13 I was put on the pill for really bad spots. I came off it again when I was about 17 as I was trying some other potion for my spots!! I went back on it around about the age of 20 and had excatly what you are having, I never stopped bleeding though.
I tried different pills but they all made me bleed continualy. I cant remember excatly what the doctor said but it was something to do with a reaction, where i was on it for so long. She wouldnt even try the injection incase i had a reaction to that.
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:19 pm 
Post subject:
I had Dianette before I had Isabelle and was fine, but had a few problems when I tried a different pill after having her. I went back on to Dianette and was irregular, every 6-8wks then I got pregnant on it!
I would see your doctor. Have you thought about a coil? My doctor tryies to make me have one each time I go in. Although my sister has the merena one a so have a few friends who swear by it. I've told my Dr that I don't need contraception, he's never coming near me again lol. Very Happy
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:47 pm 
Post subject:
yer i booked inf or smear test on monday so maybe i can ask abotu changing pill or other forms of ocntraceptive have onyl ever used pill and never had any problems.

its getting to me a bit that i cudnt just be like before and no problems but maybe i need to think about a different form of contracptive.

SexOnFire
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
I know what you mean. no problems at all b4 having children, in fact when we were ttc Isabelle, I was exactly 28days, every Saturday between 9-10am without fail. It's weird how things don't go back to normal.

I am all over the place at the moment and don't have a clue what's going on! Have just had the smear test letter myself today, but not sure when to make the appointment as my cycle is crazy.

Hope you get it sorted soon x Smile
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:47 pm 
Post subject:
yer i was same 28 days come on on monday morning .

yer well i have my first smear on monday and the way im goign will need to change it.

just gone to toilet and it is dark brown colour almost black - is that normal?

SexOnFire
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:22 pm 
Post subject:
I don't think that is right, sounds like old blood. I'm not sure why that would happen though. Definitely see the Dr anyway hopefully they will have some answers for you. Would be so much easier to be a man! xx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
yer had this on my june cycle and then july was normal and now agen.

yer i will book an appointment tomorrow and see what they say hope they are of some help though coz sometime its like talking to a brickwall.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:49 am 
Post subject:
going to the doctors at 10am this morning.

im on my 14th pill in my pack and have had black.brown bleeding for 2 days and now is red today.

want to stay on pill really coz dnt like the sound of other conraceptives so hopefully they can just change the type of pill that im on.

KdF
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:20 am 
Post subject:
I am unable to to take any contraceptive pills as they cause too many other problems, such as really sensitive boobs, painful periods etc. so my GP recommended the Mirena coil.

The hormones are released directly into your uterus and do not affect the rest of your body - no bloating, no significant weight gain. You don't have periods once it is installed (no mess, no fuss, no pmt!) and it lasts for 5yrs; you can have it removed at any time though if you wish to fall pregnant.

The threads come through the cervix so they can remove it when neccessary, but it generally can't be felt by your OH (unless he's hung like a donkey!). My ex husband never felt it, and my current hubby didn't feel it either. I had no problems with the coil at all, in fact they were the most peaceful 5yrs of my life; I saved a fortune on pads/tampons too! Some ladies don't like the idea of not having a period, but there are no adverse side affects to this.

Best of luck.
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:44 am 
Post subject:
i like the idea of not having a period lol.

and obviously didnt affect u as u have got pregnanct afterwards.

how do they insert it/

i went to docs and she has put em on another pill wiv more estrogen or wotever as my body aint gettign enough to stop the bleeding. so hopefull this will work.

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:44 am 
Post subject:
Maybe a silly question, but if you are charting etc.. and know when your fertile time is etcc.., why do you not continue doing that once you want to stop having kids? So no contraceptive, just don't have BD during your fertile time? I know a number of people who use that method and works very well for them.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:46 am 
Post subject:
iw du be scared that it wudnt work.

pill has alwasy worked fine for this so hopefully now on this new pill will be ok and can carry on like i normally have.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular