asleep but crying

colin
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:16 pm 
Post subject: asleep but crying

my little girl is six months old, she will go to sleep herself in her cot at app. 8pm and sleep peacefully till about midnight, when she starts to cry but is not awake, we have found that if we put her dummy in her mouth she 99 times out of 100 stops crying immediately, this may then happen again at about 4/5am, she will then wake at app 6.30am looking for us and a cuddle and nappy change.

does anyone have any advice on this matter?

thank you
lbristol
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:43 pm 
Post subject: me too
I am having the same problem, however my little girl is 14 months old. She wakes up 1-3 times every night. As soon as I give her the pacifier, she normally goes back to sleep. I'm not sure what to do. If you find a solution please post it.
fern
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:55 pm 
Post subject: Re: asleep but crying
my little girl is five months old and is doing the same thing. she 'wakes' around 4-5 times through the night and settles when i give her dummy. i asked my doctor and he reckons its just a phase she is going through so if you find any advice i'd be grateful, please post it.

fern
JodieGirl
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
HELLO

I am sorry its a late reply, but I am a new site user... So hopefully It will help someone.

My daughter did the same thing, she cried out every hour, through out the whole night... This started at 3 moths and went on for six months, i was getting about 2-3 hours sleep a night, and really desperate.. I TRIED EVERYTHING, Doctors, nurses, midwifes everything and everybody, but they all said the same thing Its just a phase, or she teething, or she has a cold. But this didn't help as I had another child in the same room, who spent more time sleeping on my bedroom floor.

My daughter had SLEEP TERRORS!! I spent hours apon hours on the internet trying to get some information and I finally found a book called 'Solve your childs sleep problems' by Dr Richard Ferber. ( I hope I am allowed to state names)

Within 24 hours my little girl was settling down, the book is really easy to read, it was difficult the things I had to do. But it was worth it. She is now nearly 3, she still has night terrors, but they are under control, as we know what to do.

I feel for you, as it is a really hard thing to go through, especially if noone can help.
Amanda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular