Me and my brood!

ClairaBell
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:44 pm 
Post subject: Me and my brood!
Hiya, I forgot that this forum was tucked down the bottom. So I thought I woiuld tell you about me and my brood I have.

I got with Ian in 2004 and we got married in 2006. Ian has 3 children DD wh is 16, DS who is 13 and DD who is 10.

When i first met his kids I got on with the 2 eldest the best, I think the youngest felt i was taking her dad away. However, after the first 12 months things changed and so did the youngest. Now we are inseperable . I get on with all of my stepchildren - except when their hormones are raging. lol. Laughing The eldest has started to pull away from us a bit but i think its more to do with her growing up and finding her place in thsi world. We are all very close. Theycome and stay with us every weekend and the youngest normally asks to stay with us in the week as well.

With regards to their mom, its not that we dont get on - its that we just dont communicate at all. In fact she doesnt really speak to ian unless its to pass on some info. Which i think is best. it used to be different. Ian would pick the kids up and go in the house to wait for them. There was usually an argument. However, now there are no arguments and the kids are much happier. It helps that they are older so they can pass on info themselves.
I love them loads and wouldnt want it any other way now. Weekends are great - though nromally spent freezing watching ellis play hockey, but its worth it. xxx
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:33 am 
Post subject:
Hello Claire...

always wondered why you weren't on this thread! xx
ClairaBell
Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:23 am 
Post subject:
Hi rachie - when I come on I tend to nip into the main areas to do a bit of moderating and then log off again. Very Happy xxx
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:33 am 
Post subject:
Hi Claire - i know this site can waste sooo much of my day at work!!

Same with my oh - there used to be lots of arguments when he went to get the boys now just waits in the car and only communicates with ex should there be something they need to discuss regarding the kids. It makes the boys so much happier with the transition between houses.

Have a nice weekend! xx
shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:47 am 
Post subject:
Hiya Claire welcome aboard, lol, i always wondered where you were hiding, Glad your relationship with Ohs ex is lets say civil, i so wish this could be the case in our lives x

ClairaBell
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:33 pm 
Post subject:
lol shootingstars - I wouldnt say civil. We just dont speak at all - which is the best thing all round I think! Laughing Laughing
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:04 pm 
Post subject:
That would be civil in my house, lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Step Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular