LEG CRAMPS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slummymummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
In a tall glass with lots of ice and a big wedge of lime, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

molly1973
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:44 pm 
Post subject:
mmmmmmmmmmm sounds lovely, sitting in the garden in the cool evening air. oh well hurry up september lol
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:46 pm 
Post subject:
i had it for the first time last night, i have had it in both my pregnancies, its agony, lucily i only get it every now and then,
massaging the leg makes it go quickly. its lack of potassuim in your body so plently of bannanas and tonic water, i have started drinking banana milkshake to make it go away,
my husband suffers from them alot and wakes me up rolling around the bed and i have to massage his leg so he has to do the same for me now lol
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:53 pm 
Post subject:
My cramp goes really quickly, to be honest my shoulders hurt more than the cramps!

How is your husband now Amy?

MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
he is suffering quite a lot and not sleeping at night at all, thank you for asking xx
he had a funeral today of a guy same age as him (25) who was doing training for the marines and dies of heat exhaution, its so terrible, there family were really close aswell
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:12 am 
Post subject:
hey Molly. god I remember leg cramps. first time I had them I woke up screaming. Hubby though I must be giving birth lol.

2 tips my MW gave me that seemed to help

- drink SHED loads of water - especially just before bed (doesn;t help with the getting up all night to pee, but helps the cramps)
- do a stretching excercise 5 or 6 times a day, and always before bed - it goes like this. Stand facing the wall, put both palms flat on the wall and stretch out one leg behind you, with the toes tucked under and the heel raised. Slowly lower your heel, keeping your leg straight. Hold it for 10 secs once your foot is flat. repeat with the other leg.

Might help!!

Anna
xx
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:38 am 
Post subject:
hi all, thank you for all your tips, last night i drank 2 glasses of tonic water, and i banana milk shake, and last night for the 1st time in ages i was free of cramps, but not going to shout too loud just in case it was a one off lol x xx
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:04 am 
Post subject:
Hi molly how u doin? I think thats been the worst part of my pregnancy so far the dreaded leg cramps Laughing They really hurt i always just run into the bathroom on the nice cold floor seems to help alot! My oh always gets a shock tho cos it happens really fast and i end up jumping up and giving him a shock Laughing Laughing
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
hi ya mumjay, im not to bad thank you, how are you? not long to go now!!!!!!!!! yippee..... cant wait now, nearly ready for little boy. are you ready yet? i feel more nrevous this time, even though its my 3rd, strange init?? xx
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:37 pm 
Post subject:
I know wasnt 2 long ago since i was moaning how slow it was goin! Yer all ready now just waiting how bout u? It's funny how u feel more nervous think it's cos we know wot to expect Laughing
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:05 pm 
Post subject:
yeah we are all ready, just need a changing bag, and a few bits, but now its the waiting game lol. yeah im a bit nervous this time, strange init, but as they say its got to come out lol xxx Smile
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:56 pm 
Post subject:
Exactly it will be over with before we know it ha was it joshua u were calling your little boy? x
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:39 am 
Post subject:
yeah my daughter calls him baby josh, so think that will stick, bless her shes only 2, and she keeps saying to my bellly, come out baby josh lol, hope she doesnt talk to my belly when hes here lol x
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:10 am 
Post subject:
haha my little girls the same she was preparing my bag last night picking his first outfit. I really like the name joshua x
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:20 am 
Post subject:
awwww thank you, have you thought of any names as yet? x
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular