Parental Support

KNEE
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:13 pm 
Post subject: Parental Support
Hi, I thought I would share my experience with my parents when they found out I was pregnant the first time…

I was fourteen and my boyfriend at the time (now husband) had been dating for around 8 months so we decided to make it official and at my friends party we snuck away and had sex. About 2 weeks later I was due my period but it never came… I started to get worried but didn't do anything for around another month but that's when i started vomting. My parents didn't notice because they weren't much of parents anyway cared more about their career. I took a test and it was positive. I was devestated and couldn't understand how I got pregnant as we were using protection. But then I remember we had to change condom as the first split after five minutes. After another month I decided that I had to tell my boyfriend as I'd known for at least a month and I had started putting on weight. He promised he wouldn't tell anyone until I was ready. We kept the secret for a bit longer but his parents soon started to get suspicious and started asking questions. They soon got it out of us and we decided to have a big dinner between my family and theirs then next week. I got it all sorted and my parents decided to come an get to know kyles parents. The morning before the dinner I was in my bathroom throwing up when the cleaner came in, and of course she shouted straight for my mum, who was less than impressed (my mum worked from home so was always there). She quickly figured it out and started screaming, really shouting. She asked me how far along I was and I told her I didn't know. She walked away and told me to get in my room and stay there. Half an hour later my dad came in, he too screaming and bawling. I burst into tears and told them to leave but instead they told me that they weren't the ones who had done wrong and left. I phoned Kyle after that but I couldn't get a word out I was crying that bad and him and his parents came round Nick and Jean, kyles parents, talked to mine while Kyle lay with me up in my room. We sat for about ten minuteso and by that time I had to puke again . His parents came up looking for me and Jean came in and helped me clean up my bathroom. Once we were done she wispered to me to get my stuff and to come with her. I ended up moving into their spare room and i have only ever met my parents in the superamarket, they didn't even say hi to me or give me a second look. I did send them an invite to my wedding but they never showed, instead kyles dad gave me away. I was so glad that nick and jean were there to get me out of that house.

That day I just cried and cried it was unbearable. But that night felt special, Kyle sneaked in during the night and we slept together. I woke up in the morning and felt so strong and sucure.

So far they have done everything from babysit to buying maternity clothes. There amazing! I am so glad it was them who were there to help other than my parents.

Feel free to ask any questions or leav some comments I'm all ears. Nic xx

It would have been nicea

Last edited by KNEE on Sat May 08, 2010 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
gemznboys
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
im sorry to hear your parents werent supportive, i was lucky, i was 16 and although my dad was effing and blinding for the first few days, once he settled down they were both really supportive towards me!
its good that your husbands parents are suportive towards you both! are you still living with them? x

KNEE
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:29 pm 
Post subject:
No when we got married we moved out and got our own little house. We might need to think about moving again though as we only stay in a two bedroom house. Nic xx
HohLee
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
ouch what a reaction! glad your parents in law were supportive though! x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular