Traveling on a plane at 7 1/2 months???

KNEE
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:35 pm 
Post subject: Traveling on a plane at 7 1/2 months???
Last year we booked our flights to go to Spain this may, before finding out that I was pregnant again. It has only now slipped into my mind that I may not be able to fly. Kyle said that I could get a medical cantificate and they would let me onboard but I don't know wheither to risk it or to rebook later in the year. I will be seven and a half months when if we go and I don't really want to risk it. I dint want to miss out on a family holiday but I really don't want to take a chance with this.

Any suggestions, Nic xx
gemznboys
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:15 am 
Post subject:
some airlines wont take women past 28 weeks pg some 32 with a doctors note. i went to spain at 32+ weeks for two weeks (didnt fly though) and all was fine x

KNEE
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:47 pm 
Post subject:
Anx but I think I will try to get refunds and book for later in the year. Nic xx
KNEE
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:11 am 
Post subject:
just a test to see if the lilypie tickers are working. Which they won't. Nic xx

tillyfloss85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:05 am 
Post subject:
hi i also have a holiday booked and ill be 26 weeks going 27 weeks coming back... we have checked with the airline policy and ours says up to and including 27 weeks ok and after that doctors note is needed. we also checked with insurance if it covers me incase i go into prem labour etc as its twins... and as it was booked b4 i was even preg thats fine and im covered. i have also got a e111 card ( what ever they are called now for extra back up... mu consultant said as long as my growth scans contiune to be fine i can go. im going to get him to write me a note anyway as im going to be huge and airline might think im further than i am etc.
i dont know how ill fit in the seat and manage with oliver 9 months at the time but hoping it will be a worth while break for us b4 the twins arrive!!! plus oh is 33 in sept and never been abroad Shocked so thought i best take him soon as not a chance we will be flying with 3 babies any time soon.

just check with ur mw doc insurance and air line and im sure u will be fine xx
Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:46 pm 
Post subject:
Most airlines allow you to fly up to 32 weeks with a doctors note to say you are fit to travel. I flew at 28 weeks to Spain. I was fine, no problems at all! Apart from the baby kicking non-stop all the way there and all the way back! Lol
Also make sure your insurance company are aware that you are pregnant before you travel. It doesn't cost anymore but they need to be informed.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular