New Dad New to forum lol

Brodfather
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:29 am 
Post subject: New Dad New to forum lol
Hi all.

Been new here i wasnt too sure on how to post or what to post but it seems its been some time since anyone posted anything so i hope im not imposing, but it may be a good way to get things off my chest.

So my other half is expecting! And honestly i couldnt be happier, im 22 years old and have been with her for 3 or 4 years my family adore her and hers, well i think they can atleast stand me lol.

But i seem to have hit a rut whenever im in a situation that looks kind of hopeless a simple "ill think of something" seems to work it all out in the end, and that statement im sure has become the bane of the little ladies existance, see my appartment isnt exactly child friendly and my wage and work isnt family friendly either with me working nights.

The second i found out i was going to be a dad my brain went into overdrive just numbers left and right and a million ideas on how i can better myself, the situation and of course my family's future and it seems to be driving the girl insane! Im doing my best to be as there for her as i can as i know shes scared but so am i both our families are supportive but when it comes down to it as the only one of us who works the welfare of my new family is down to me.

I think ill be fine, and i think itl work out in the end but until then has anyone got any ideas on how i can force my thoughts into her head to reassure her she will be alright an that we will get on just fine? all advice and suggestions will be greatly aprecciated as im genuinly bad at anything other then blunt words and gestures haha
KNEE
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:31 am 
Post subject:
I'm on on my wife profile she left he thing up on the computer and I thought I'd take a look.

I know how you feel mate. I was only sixteen when we got pregnant first time round and she was only fourteen, it wasn't planned though so that made mad the shock bigger. But now I'm eighteen and married with another little one coming, couldn't be happier.

Good luck
Brodfather
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hey thanks for the reply! its nice to know there are happy endings out there Very Happy
HohLee
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:57 pm 
Post subject:
hey mate,

I'm afraid I'm cramping your style her being a woman!

My husband worries constantly about being able to provide for us but I don't we have all we want by being a family, and when it comes down to it, you are able to cope without EVERYTHING that has the word baby on the lable!

Good luck!
Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
I'm the same age and expecting my first kid. It's scary being 22 and having a child but it's an amazing feeling at the same time!

Very Happy
lynnt23
Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:33 pm 
Post subject:
hi guys what ever you do or say might not be right at the mo. on the money front you can never get ready for having a baby weather it ur first or like me my 4th (3rd baby stillborn) but there is help out there ie tax credits etc.. if it helps i no men who earn shed loads of money working away hardly see there kids my point of veiw as a woman i reather have my man by my side than working his arse off never seeing us just for money because money wont see your babys first smile etc

reece 9 and jaylee 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Dads' Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular