December 2010 Mummies

Dutch24
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:02 pm 
Post subject:
Ah Nix thats awesome news Very Happy (loving the santa smilies too Rolling Eyes ) Hope your two days goes quickly - ive been watching films to pass the time - watched Nine Months today made me cry lol!! loved it!!

Well not had a phonecall so far so fingers crossed still on for tomorrow !!

Its gonna be the best Christmas presents for all of us, so excited Laughing

xxxx
NIx1972
Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:19 pm 
Post subject:
Well.... what a fun day in the hospital we've had! Went in for induction at 9am, put on monitoring and told I was contracting about twice every ten minutes without having anything done- all good so far Smile.

Then the mw examined me and couldn't decide if baby was breech or not ?! so had an ultrasound and saw a registrar who decided that baby is transverse and back to back! Embarassed This meant I couldn't be induced and been sent home to wait for a call tomorrow to be called in for ECV -trying to turn baby to head down so they can induce me. If that doesn't work I'll be having a c-section Sad. I'm majorly disappointed and annoyed that induction couldn't be started today.

hope everyone else is ok?
xx

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
Ah that's not good Nix! I'm waiting for something like that myself as I feel as though I'm carrying this baby like it's laying across even though they keep telling me the head is down... but prolly just imagining it. Good look with whatever happens.

I'm still here.. not long left thank gawd, I keep getting intense bh contractions every night so hopefully won't be overdue with this one. Hope everyone is keeping well x

Dutch24
Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all,

Well I had a little girl on Friday 3rd December via c-section, finally got home from the hospital last night - we called her Imogen Dulcie Hobday and she weighed 6lb8oz, she is absolutely perfect and I am loving being a mum it is mosts the most amazing feeling Very Happy The c-section was actually alright and not as terrifying as I thought it would be, all the theatre team and maternity team afterwards were brilliant!!! Just can't stop looking at her Very Happy

I just can't believe she is finally here the last couple of days before she came felt like they were taking forever and now is already 4 days old!!

I'll post a proper birth story when I have a bit more time and can concentrate a bit more.

Hope everyone else doesn't have too long to wait. Good luck with yours Nix gutted for you that you couldn't be induced on Monday - my little girl was breech too and I decided not to have ECV which im glad about cause they actually found out that my uterus is a funny shape and which is why she wouldn't turn because she physically couldn't and an ECV def wouldn't have worked - but hope it works for you!

Kate xxxxx
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
Congrats Dutch! Glad to hear everything went well. What have you called her? I still don't have a name decided on ye! x

Dutch24
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:15 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks dellabobela Very Happy

We called her Imogen Dulcie
(Dulcie is my nan's name and this is her first great-grandchild Smile )

We didn't have a boys name sorted so think it was a sign that we were having a girl lol!! Hope you manage to decide on a name, what have you got in mind?

xxxx
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
That is a really lovely name Smile No we've not got anything decided yet! I'm hoping we just agree on a name when he's born because we can't agree on anything at the moment

rebeccalee
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:06 pm 
Post subject:
Kate- Congrats I am glad your c section went and she is absolutely adorable.

hopefully nix is well and truley had her LO now.

I been having cramping on and off for 3 days now just been sitting at home waiting for them to get more regular but no such luck.

Sometimes find myself wishing she would come today as I am very excited to meet her but then the fear kicks in and wish she will stay there forever Very Happy

Hope everyone is well.
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:38 am 
Post subject:
Hope you find a name soon della - I found boys names soooo hard we couldn't agree on anything either!!!

Thanks Rebecca - sounds like your not far off now !?! yeah I completely understand what you mean its proper scary to think your gonna be responsible for a little person who is completely dependent on you but its the best feeling ever Very Happy Keep us posted, and good luck !!!

Hopefully Nix has had LO !!

Hope everyone else is ok?

xxxx
NIx1972
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
hey all!

you can read my exceedingly long birth story in the appropriate section, but rebecca - when you said on Thursday
Quote:
hopefully nix is well and truley had her LO now.

only just!!

Toby Noel born 3.30am by emergency c section on Thursday 9th december! 9lb 1 oz

Had a really rough time of it as I wasn't well after the birth - ended up on IV antibiotics and fluids from a kidney infection Sad so delayed our release home by a few days. I spent 9 days in hospital in total, but you know what? Toby was worth every minute of it. i can't stop staring at him either! we're struggling a bit with breastfeeding - anyone else giving it a go?

Hope we hear more birth stories soon for our lovely christmas presents!!

Nix
xxx

Dutch24
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
aw Nix sorry to hear you had a rough time, c-section is hard enough to recover from as it is without adding an infection to it - glad your home now, but yeah totally agree its well worth it in the end!!! I just stare at Imogen all the time so know where your coming from Very Happy

Im breastfeeding and all was going well until yesterday, have been diagnosed today with mastitis on antibiotics now and just got to fight through it - sooo painful though! Are you struggling with the latch?Hope it gets easier for you - whatever you do dont let your breasts get engorged thats where I went wrong have an inverted nipple on one of my boobs and just let Imogen feed more off the other one and thats whats caused the mastitis, so now I try and express of the "broken" one to relieve it!!! lol!!

Hoping to hear other birth stories soon too Smile

Kate

xxxx
libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:18 pm 
Post subject:
Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. Am being induced on Monday so should end up being a Dec mummy rather than a Jan one

rebeccalee
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:30 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck hun Hope all goes well xx
Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:56 am 
Post subject:
My little sis had her baby today - a little boy! Argh I'm so excited I can't wait to see him! 6 days and counting until my due date now. Christmas shopping is killing me.. I've been two days in a row and fell into bed absolutely shattered lol

teenibaby
Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:41 pm 
Post subject:
good evening ladies havent been on for a while but im back!!!
nix hope u and the lil one are doin well and hope everyone else is too
ive had a few false starts over the past couple of weeks but hes makin hes way down rightly im jus gettin fed up now!!
goin for my sweep tomorrow so im hopin that helps him move because ive literally tried it all.....but hopfully next time im on i will be rporting on the birth of our baby boy xxx Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
take care all
martina xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2010 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to:  

Community

Popular