Cramps after sex?

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:28 pm 
Post subject: Cramps after sex?
Hi,
I'm 9 1/2 weeks pregnant and am experiencing cramps in my sides low down after sex. Is this ok? It's not intense pain but just quite uncomfortable and a bit like the ligament stretching pains I had back at 4-5 weeks. I know i'm probably overreacting but if you guys can give me some reassurance I would feel a lot less guilty (and so I can stop my poor hubby thinking he's harmed me and the bubba!) about my raging hormones and less panicky about the pains!
Embarassed xxx
puss2
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:47 pm 
Post subject:
you are approaching the stage where your pregnant uterus is starting to rise up to the top of your pubic bone. this will stretch your ligaments on either side of your pelvis. this will cause some discomfort or stretching pains. don`t worry- sex is unlikely to harm your baby as your cervix, a mucus plug, and the membranes protects your baby. amniotic fluid surrounds your baby, acting like a cushion so your baby is safely tucked up inside. watch for any low abdominal pain or bleeding though if you get this, your midwife or gp may advise against sex. otherwise its fine, enjoy it while your not so heavy!
midwife & mum of 2.
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you so much, I feel a lot more reassured now. More so as you're a midwife!
xxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular