Period like pain?

kiz8888
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:57 am 
Post subject: Period like pain?
Hi everyone,

I'll be 7wks pregnant on monday but over the past few days i've been experiencing a dull period like pain alomost constantly. It's really worrying me and i keep expecting to see blood when i go to the toilet but there's been none.

I was just wondering if anyone else had felt the same feeling and is it anything to worry about.

I had a scan last friday and was told i was only 5wks 4days when i thought i was 6wks and 2days and the nurse there told me that sometimes the baby just stops growing at 5wks!!! So naturally i'm terrified something is wrong. I have another scan due next friday to make sure everything is ok but i just can't stop worrying that something's going wrong.

Any help would be much appreciated. xx
booter
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Kiz. It's really hard not to worry through every stage of pregnancy. Not a week goes by when I don't worry about something new and I'm 26 weeks now. You are lucky to get offered so many scan's, I didn't get the first one until I was 12 weeks. I experienced very similar pains throughout the first 8 weeks and like you I didn't bleed. My midwife assured me it was normal to feel some discomfort during early pregnancy as it is down to the expanding uterus. Obviously there are no guarentee's what will happen at this early stage but keep positive and good luck with the scan. Let us know how you get on.
Staceyxx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:26 am 
Post subject:
HI ya

I am 13 weeks now and had thing for about 3-4 weeks, I went to the doctors and the hospital and they pretty much laughed at me, which really doesn;t help at all...

Anyway it has calmed down, i know its pain full but i found by rubbing the place it hurt and putting a warm towl on it helped.

Promise it does get better....
kiz8888
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hey,

Thanks so much for both your replies. It really did help reassure me that i'm not alone feeling these pains. Smile I am going for another scan on friday just to check everything's ok as at my last scan the heart hadn't started beating yet so i think once i've had that and when hopefully everything is okay i'll feel much more relaxed.

Thanks again and good luck with the rest of your pregnancies xx
MummaT
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, hope everything went ok with your scan. I've just experienced something like that. I was having pains like you described and then had a very sharp pain on one side. I ended up going into hospital and they were really nice to me. I'm only about 5/6 weeks but they did scans and found that everything was healthy and I'm now booked in for another scan on the 25/01/08. I've been really worried about it all, and because my partner and I decided not to tell anyone until it has been at least 3months we have gone through it alone. Still a bit worried and just hoping our little blob holds on!
Patzyf
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:56 am 
Post subject: Pains
Hi all,

Im am 15wks but i also had the same pains the lasted until i was about 12 wks i used to get them around when you should be normally due your period again i was told it was normal but it was my sisinlaw who is on her 2nd preg who really reassuared me now that i am 15 wks im glad to say they have dissappeared best of luck if your like me its wont matter what anyone says because you will still panic and run to the loo every time you feel any twitch i dont think iv ever used as much loo roll as i have since i found out i was expecting
xxx
GGmommy
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hi I am also experiencing period pains. They started off like cramps especially in one side and now that has gone but i feel like my period will start any time! I expect to go to the toilet and see that it has started every time! Just soooo grateful every time i go and it is all ok. My midwife called today to book me in for my first appointment but it is not for another two and a half weeks I am only 5 weeks gone but so worried and no-one in the NHS seems to want to know til you are at least 8 weeks - to them i am sure that it is all routine and that this is the best time to see me, but for me i feel like i need reassurance, is my first time and not even any of my friends have been pregnant so i cant ask them!
I so know how you all feel expecting your period, there must be loads of us like it!!!!

Good luck to everyone, thanks for the reassurance that others feel the same things! Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular