tax credits - i'm sooo confused !

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:34 pm 
Post subject: tax credits - i'm sooo confused !
ok so i'll give you a rough idea....

my step son moved in with us in jan so i phoned tax credits & told them - our payments we then got where 45 a week.

I left work so i called & told them - i heard nothing till today...i got a letter that stil states i am working & our payments will be around 20 a week Confused

i called them to query they said this is an award notice i will get a renewal pack soon which we are to fill in & send off then they will update the tax credits !

thing is...how can we go from around 45 to around 20 ?? do u see what i mean ? i'm really lost & confused as to how my payments have dropped when i was getting more when my step son moved in Rolling Eyes

TwinkleMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:39 pm 
Post subject:
Confused strange one....might just be a mistake on their behalf. I've never had any problems with tax credits even though I have changed my circumstances about 5 times Laughing hopefully it will get sorted fast for you and you should get any money due to you backdated x
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:42 pm 
Post subject:
its just a pain ! i dont understand how its gone down so much !!

i just really dont need this now Sad

xXleanne83Xx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:43 pm 
Post subject:
Bloody Tax credits!! its a joke they havent got a clue most of the time. Id ring up and ask.

we moved to Denmark in Jan so i let Tax credit know but as were still paying tax and ni in England were still intitaled to it. They sent me a letter asking to confirm details last week and it says i still work in England 15 hours a week!! What do they think i fly back everyday for work??? Jerks!

Hope you get it sorted.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:44 pm 
Post subject:
call them again...and if you get the same answer just keep calling until you get someone that will tell you whats going on. Thats what I do Smile x
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:54 pm 
Post subject:
i called them twice they just told me it will all be sorted properly once i get my renewal pack Rolling Eyes

BandaPanda
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:34 pm 
Post subject:
Was the 45 what you have always had? I know when they are 1 it goes down by half I think?
snoopy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:45 pm 
Post subject:
Were you getting working tax credit and child tax credit?
maybe because you have stopped working you are no longer entitled to working tax credits. i know when I decided not to return to work my tax credits dropped by 50-60%.

Hopefully your claim will get reassessed quickly. They will backdate what you are owed anyway...
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:31 pm 
Post subject:
your not alone. Mine have been dropped too after i phoned to let them know we had changed child care providers which was higher then our child minder.

they said to be they didnt want to over pay me so they've dropped the payment and come april when i get the pack and can provide my income figure then they'll back date any money i'm owed.

thats what they told me

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:17 pm 
Post subject:
It'll be the working tax element being cancelled.
When I was pregnant my hours were cut to 10 a week and my working tax credit was stopped, as soon as you work less than 16 hours you are no longer entitled to it.
You could look into income support? I think that's what they give instead of wtc.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
we werent enititled to working tax credits anyway only child tax credits !

i'll wait till i get my pack & sort it all out then - it does my head in ! lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular