cant lift head whilst lying on tummy.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:38 am 
Post subject: cant lift head whilst lying on tummy.
georgia will be 6 months at the end of this month and she still cant lift her head whilst lying on her tummy.

wen did ur prem babies do this?

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:16 pm 
Post subject:
My two have been lifiting their heads for a few weeks now although i think they have quite strong necks, Liam is already trying to sit up Shocked Ask your health visitor what she thinks. Is it that she tries and cant do it or does she just not try? Shes maybe just a bit lazy lol x

hellenp
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:37 am 
Post subject:
As you know, Alfie was 5 weeks early too, and it took him a while to be able to do it. At first he didn't like it and just laid there and licked the floor, and looked like he was stranded, but slowly he started to be able to hold his head up more and more. Now he is so nosy, he doesn't like laying down and wants to sit up all the time so he can see what is going on.
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:57 am 
Post subject:
hellenp - wen did alfie start to lift his head then?

jennaxhx - yer goergia dusnt even try. we were at dietician and shes referred us to physio coz her necks not very strong she gets tired after holding her head up whilst on my know. and nowhere near sitting up wither so cant put her in high chair to feed her which isnt helping with the weaning.

so hopefully physio will be able to encourage her movement:)

hellenp
Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:47 am 
Post subject:
Hi Laura

It's only been the last 2 or 3 weeks. He is really strong, I started weaning him ages ago and since then he has grown so much. He was 15lb when he was last weighed.

I'm sure she will do it when she is ready, I thought he was never going to be able to and I didn't put him on his tummy much as he used to cry, but I thought I should start doing it more and one day he just did it.

He hasn't got a high chair as he can't sit up yet, I sit him in his rocker to feed him. He now has breakfast, tea and a pudding!
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:38 pm 
Post subject:
soryr u dont have a ticker. how old is alfie now?

PathwaysMom
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:22 pm 
Post subject: Trust your instincts
Usually by the end of their 3rd month birthday, a baby is able to lift up their head and push up on their forearms while lying on their tummy. This is aided by plenty of Tummy Time, to strengthen upper body, neck and core muscles. For more information on what’s expected in the way of infant milestones, check out this chart from Pathways Awareness: http://bit.ly/6NUpfi. If you feel your LO is developing at a concerning pace, schedule an appointment with your healthcare provider sooner rather than later. You are the expert on your child – trust your instincts.
hellenp
Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hello

He was born on November 6th 2009
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:29 am 
Post subject:
maybe she just need bit more strenth as shes still only 13lbs 7oz but shes puttin on 2lbs a months o shudnt be long now before shes all caught up.

PathwaysMom
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
Generally by the end of their 3rd month birthday, a baby should be able to lift up their head and push up on their forearms while on their tummy. For more information on infant milestones, check out this AAP-endorsed chart from Pathways Awareness: http://bit.ly/6NUpfi. If you feel your child may be delayed, bring the chart along to a visit with your pediatrician to discuss your concerns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular