singlemum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:51 am 
Post subject: help and advice please- single mum
Hey everyone,

i am i an bit of a situation.
my parents will soon be kicking me out of the house as they will not be able to cope with the arrival of my baby.
i need to know what benfiits i am entiltiled and roughly how much i will be getting. i am 26 years old and working at the moment full time, nearer to the due date i will be on maternity leave which will be in end of november.
this will be my first born child and im a bit clueless on where to start.

your advice will be greatly apperciated.
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:41 pm 
Post subject:
hi, you will be entitled to child benefit and child tax credits when your baby is born, they roughly equate to about 65 i think, im not sure about how working tax credits works when you are on maternity leave Confused unless you are planning to give up work completely after baby born then you will be entitled to income support.. which i think is about 120 a fortnight.
you may also get help with rent, council tax... amonunt depends on how much you are earning.
dont forget your healthy pregnancy grant from 25 weeks 190, if you do give up work and claim income support then you are also entitled to a 500 sure start maternity grant which you can claim from 29weeks - baby 3 months.
i hope this helps Very Happy xXx
singlemum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:38 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for youe advice, its hard thinking straight when you are all emotional and hormans flying over the place!!!
do you know when i can start cliaiming these benefits?

thanks,

lana
xx Very Happy
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:34 am 
Post subject:
to be no help at all... im not entirely sure!!
i think it would be best to see CAB they will know when youcan claim what and also if there is anything else you will be entitled to Very Happy
kirstyh
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
hey, im sort of in the same situation, a bit lost at the moment! currently living at my partners parents (soon to be ex) and i dont know how i am going to cope on my own.....am i just staying for more security.....i have no idea anymore!! Sad need some advice xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Single Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular