10 year old still in nappies

katieroberts123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:31 pm 
Post subject: 10 year old still in nappies
hi, i have a 10 year old who still wears nappies, she hates it but has bowel problems and dodesnt now when she needs the loo. but the optherday i tok her shopping. I had to cahnge her nappy desperately and she had little bits of soiling on her legs whe i chcked to see how badly she needed changing. i was loking for the changing area for ages and fianlly found one but it was inside the ladies toilets sadly fior her. so i toook her in and she ttook her trousers of and on the changing mat she stuck her legs up and i toook back the nappy while people were looking shocked. she really stunk as she was so full and had sort of diarragh. she was so emabbarrassed and sio was i. it took about 20 wipes and she was too big for the mat. she was crying after and i ahd some horrible looks. she felt terrible with everyone seeing her bits in public and seeing the big mess shed done. i ahve took her to the doctors about it and they told su about her problems and we do recireve nappies from the nhs. can someone help me or talk to me f there in the same shoes. thankyou xxxx
Marmalade
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
My friends youngest has severe IBS and was having problems controlling her bowel movements until she was about 11 or 12 but after trying many different drugs they've now found one that seems to be doing the job. My heart really goes out to you and your daughter and I hope that you'll find something that will help soon.
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:36 am 
Post subject:
oh katie - poor you and your daughter Sad it must just be awful for her. I'm sorry I can't offer any help or advice, but you definitely have my sympathy and support.
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
hi.
a couple of years ago one of my friends had servere anorexia and she lost all control of continence.
after she recovered she was expected to get it back but sadly she didn't. she was very young to have a problem with an eating disorder, it started when she was about10, and she went into residential recovery when she was 12, and came out 6 months later. she was devastated that she didnt get any control back but her parents handled it pretty well. they basically let er decide how it was going to work, and although she was 12, not 10, this could work for you. she decided she wanted to be able to handle it herself, and so she got pullup type things and she just always dealt with it in the toilet cubicle herself. her parents always tried to be nearby to begin with, but when she got used to it they relaxed cos she didnt need any help. is there any possibility of doing this with your daughter?
shazicowfan
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hello,
I noticed when reading your post that you said you had a bit of a delay in finding a toilet. I know that there is something you can get that is a card (or perhaps a letter from your doctor) which basically states that you may have to go at very short notice and means you can ask shops and restaraunts etc that you need to use a toilet that might be for staff only. I think it might be supplied from an organisation or charity which deals with bowel problems. This would not only save you looking for a public toilet when your daughter is desperate but may also provide more privacy. Most shops have staff only toilets and I hope would be understanding if you had a card or letter or even explained your situation. Good luck!
emz08
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:39 am 
Post subject: Re: 10 year old still in nappies
katieroberts123 wrote:
hi, i have a 10 year old who still wears nappies, she hates it but has bowel problems and dodesnt now when she needs the loo. but the optherday i tok her shopping. I had to cahnge her nappy desperately and she had little bits of soiling on her legs whe i chcked to see how badly she needed changing. i was loking for the changing area for ages and fianlly found one but it was inside the ladies toilets sadly fior her. so i toook her in and she ttook her trousers of and on the changing mat she stuck her legs up and i toook back the nappy while people were looking shocked. she really stunk as she was so full and had sort of diarragh. she was so emabbarrassed and sio was i. it took about 20 wipes and she was too big for the mat. she was crying after and i ahd some horrible looks. she felt terrible with everyone seeing her bits in public and seeing the big mess shed done. i ahve took her to the doctors about it and they told su about her problems and we do recireve nappies from the nhs. can someone help me or talk to me f there in the same shoes. thankyou xxxx

Hi Katie, What a relief i found this site, and somebody else who is going through the same problem. I totally understand where your comeing from, I have a 7yr old daughter who i love more then anything in the world, but she suffers from a bladder problem which means i to have to keep her in nappies for daytime too. Sometimes it, gets me down, because its like haveing a baby all over again, but i no its not her fault. Like your daughter, mine doesnt tell me when she needs the loo, so i can try and get her to the toilet, she justed wets herself, and doesnt tell me, So like your daughter, i have to check her nappy every so often, to see if shes wet and needs changeing. When she needs changeing and we are out, i no why its embarrassing when other mums look at us funny, but i justed ignore it, and justed change her nappy, If other mums new my daughters problems, they wouldnt judge and stare. My daughters not a baby, but logically she still is when it comes to her wetting problems. It would be good to talk, and help each other through it.
Emma. Very Happy
endoftether
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:55 pm 
Post subject: to KatieRoberts123
I know what you're going through, I am experiencing it myself. She will grow out of it, just support her and ignore people who think she has developmental problems or needs to see a psychiatrist - believe me that won't help a bit. It's a bit like seeing a teenager through their difficult years, smoking, boys, drinking, that sort of thing, and if you've got that problem you've got that problem, like I have. Exactly. It can't last forever though, at puberty they won't want to be doing poos and wees in nappies, hygiene and all that. Just see it through and take it as our cross to bear, but chances are she'll turn out a great kid and be ever so grateful.... eventually! Julie. Rolling Eyes
yojojo12
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:17 am 
Post subject: in the same boat
hi im 24 and can relate to your dd's problem. I to also have to wear nappies for bowl and bladder incontinence 24/7 it can be embarising sometimes when im ot in pblic and sudenley the next thing I know I have a load of [*@!#%*] in my nappy and have to change. I once went to a cafe and their disabled toilets were out of order, they had a sign on the door telling people to use the baby changing room. So I whent to the baby changing room and their was a mother in their changing her 2 year old dd, so i had to explain to her that the disabled toilet was out of order and that i needed to change my nappy and tell her about the sign on the door of the disabled toilet. Talk about embarising.

I may be an adult baby but my incontinence is genuine, as I also have sensary issues wich are related to my autisum. Though it is true i have high functining autisum I still can not feel my bladder or bowl filling.

P.S. Being an adult baby has nothing to do with pedophilia
blackhawks14
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hello.
I had a similar problem like that with my son and was so embarrassed. What we did was we kept bringing him to the potty every half an hour and kept checking his diaper. And by the way he was 12. So eventually he stopped and new how to go to the potty by him self!
Good luck!![/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular