Am I too young??

LuckyK
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:40 pm 
Post subject: Am I too young??
Hi there,
Me and my partner have been together for over 2 years, and we're both broody and thinking about me coming off the pill. I'm 20 but dont know if I'm ready... Do you know when your ready? The only thing I dont feel comfortable with is the pain and im adamant anything that can go wrong, will. We've got a better start than some, bought our own house beginning of last year and in stable jobs but i think and worry to much many people say if i carry on thinking this way ill never do it. Confused Feeling ever so slightly confused at the moment, any suggestions would be much appreciated Very Happy
HohLee
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
You can always be worried about things and i never think there is a right time for a baby...you'll always find an excuse!

you;ve got a good a start as any if you think youre happy to have a baby now....worries aside, then good luck to you! xxx
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:33 pm 
Post subject:
i dont think age is too much of a concern if you are happy and have all the love to offer a child... of course a child needs a roof over their head and food in their tummies but if you have all this to offer then anytime is the right time... dont think about it too much or you eill always find reasons not to...so i dont think you are too young!
i am slightly bias on this subject tho as i was 16 when i had my first (although i do think this is too young and not recommended!) and i have loved him from the moment i knew he was there!
good luck to you both Very Happy xXx
LuckyK
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
Smile Thats my problem i keep thinking sod it I'll just come off the pill could even take me a year to conceive..? But then i always make an excuse not too... I know a baby is such a massive think to consider in your live but its meant to be the most natural so why do i put it off so much lol! We have so much love to give and my partner well he's wanted one since i met him lol. Doesn't help the fact I know I'm such a pansy!!!!! Rolling Eyes
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
lol its ok thas wot drugs r 4!!
LuckyK
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Haha this is true what did you have did you have the epidural?
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
nah, i had pethedine with my first... but hated it, made me feel really ill... my other 2 came too qwik for pain relief.. both of them came within an hour of contractions starting.
my friend had epidural tho... she thought it was great!
katieleah
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:58 pm 
Post subject:
hi there,
Im 20 in may and hav a 7month old daughter, she wasnt planned but me and my partner had been together for around 3years and we also had our own house. We both have jobs, my only down side was i was due to start uni the week before i foound out i was pregnant. I was worried at first but then i got so excited im doing midwifery at university so i wanted to no everything at every step of the way.

Just think if you fell pregnant the way i did you dont have time to worry coz its to late Smile There is loads of drugs to help with the pain so i wouldnt worri about that. just go with the flow and when it happenes it will happen.

good luck and dont worri about it to much Smile
LuckyK
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:08 pm 
Post subject:
Thats what i want to happen, just to fall pregnant accidentally, I'd be over the moon scared but excited, but becuase i take my pill correctly its not likely to happen!! lol. My mum had epidural and said she'd never have it again because she couldn't feel what she was doing she just ripped herself, I know everyones different thats why I'm trying to get as many opinions as I can.
katieleah
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:18 pm 
Post subject:
i tuk my pill at half 7 every morning and i still fell pregnant, i think thats y it was that much of a shok. but you settled you obv have a partner you love and loves you back so if its what you both want just stop taking your pill and as my nan says... if its ment to be it will happen. So when your body tells you the times right then it will happen.

If i was you i wouldnt read to much into it or your going to be put of and make you more nervous.

I ended up with an epidural i planned to do it with no help with pain or anything... i ended up with gas & air, epidural, drips in both my hands a cathiter and an emergency c-section... all after 38hours of labour. So its never as you expect but its all worth it in the end. SmileSmile
LuckyK
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:28 pm 
Post subject:
You sound like you had a right time of it Very Happy lol yehh i am thinking way to much of it I know I just don't want to make the wrong decision Confused If only you body said to you your ready do it now!!! lol it would be so much easier!
katieleah
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:42 pm 
Post subject:
youl end up driving your self crazy if you worrie about it all the time. if its what you and your partner want and you think you will cope and have the financial means to support you all then in my opinion i think you should come of the pill and just waint untill it happenes for you.

some people try to get pregnant so that they wont be heavy for the summer or so their childs bday will b the beginning of the school year so they are the oldest but if its somethinks you want then let your body do it when its ready.

let me no wot you do and how you get on Smile
LuckyK
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:44 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you very much for your advice trust me I am driving my self potty!!! will keep you posted Very Happy x
HohLee
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:39 pm 
Post subject:
i had no pain relief with my first and only gas an air with my first so go with the flow, your age is on your side xx
Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah I've heard a lot of people say in many cases being slightly younger helps because your muscles are better ect...

x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Younger Parents All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular