Daughter sleeping in my bed

CarlyHurst
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:45 pm 
Post subject: Daughter sleeping in my bed
Hi every1 im new to this but was woundering if any1 has the same problem as me...my daughter is 19 month and will not sleep in her own room, she has a cot and a junior bed but a soon as its bed time i have to get into my bed with her and pretend to be asleep. When i try put her in her own room and shut the door she crys till she makes her self sick and i feel awfull but if i leave the door open she comes get in my bed! please help x
MichelleHx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:11 am 
Post subject:
It may sound harsh but i think you need to be really tough on her. Imogen at 4months went through a phase where i had to hold her to sleep and when i put her down she'd scream till almost sick. We did controlled crying with her. We layed her down in her cot, kissed her goodnight and left the room, she would scream. We left it 5mins, went back in, didn't say anything just a few shh ing noises then left, and came back 5-10mins later. It took about an hour at first for her to crying herself to sleep but after a week she would be off to sleep in about 5mins. Can't recommend it enough.
Good luckxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Younger Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular