grandparents.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:42 am 
Post subject: grandparents.
wanted to know how much of a role ur child grandparents play?

my mum has louise over night and always comes and sees her but we do live over the road.

his mum and dad hardly never see her is always left up to us to go up there and she is only 10 min drive away so im sure she cud come down here. she will look after her if we ask but never offers.

MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:45 am 
Post subject:
em im not sure to be honest my mum is not big on babies but oh reckons once its my baby she will be here all the time although she never visits now and she only lives across the road although we do speak every day and same with my dad
or im always poppin in to theres when im out with dog or whatever
my dad ill not get rid of him lol, they will babysit if i ask
as for his mum she will babysit if we ask aswell but as for how often she will come up here im not sure she likes us to go there for tea once a week but we not been forever so she might start coming up not sure or she will insist we go down she is only 10 min drive away to

xxx
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:46 am 
Post subject:
My nan and grandad had quite a large part in my upbringing, i used to pretend to fall asleep when we went over there so i could stay the night, i loved it! We all used to go on holiday as a family and i have some fantastic memories, so i want the same for my baby too.

I don't get on with my mil AT ALL, so there will be minimum contribution there!

x

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:48 am 
Post subject:
yer i was like that wth my grandparents but dont think louise is gonna be same with hers but wish she was.

i used to get on with my mil she was like i had craig wen i was 16 i know how hard ti is but ill be there to help you and she aint done nothing! craig was away for 6 months in spain and she didint come round once. she dont have a lcue wot its like to bring craig up coz her mam did it for her.

GemmaLou1982
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:49 am 
Post subject:
Not quite sure at the mo.

I want them to be active in seeing little one but not too much. My OH's mum has a degree in child phsycology, but I know she won't interfere, I'm more worried bout my mum tho. I ove her to bits but I just got a niggle!!
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:50 am 
Post subject:
lol. wish louises grandparents where involved a bit more and uwd just turn up and say rite where off out with louise like my grandparents did but aint happend yet and dont think it ever will.

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:00 am 
Post subject:
xxxxx xxx

Last edited by sweetpea24 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:03 am 
Post subject:
u will have to put ur foot down and tell her to fly.

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:09 am 
Post subject:
hmmmmm. any idea how i say that in italian???? Laughing afraid that is a verrrry sore topic between dh and i....

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:12 am 
Post subject:
well he mite realise once u have a baby that its unfair for yous to travel and is better option that she travels.

GemmaLou1982
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:12 am 
Post subject:
Hey sweatpea, I know what you mean. My OH is half Greek and his Dad lives in Athens/Corfu and it will be up to us to go and see him with the baby cos I doubt he'll come here. AND, just like you he phones all the time!! Arghhh x
sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:17 am 
Post subject:
I hope he realises. he is a great hubby, but his mom has him around her little finger. I shouldn't be too nasty, I will probably like her once we can communicate properly! but right now all i want to do is go GRRRR.... when she comes up in the conversation! Smile

millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:18 am 
Post subject:
My parents rarely see my children unless we go and visit them although they are 1 and a half hours drive away. They see the in-laws every few months or so but they live in Wales and it is always up to us to drive there so we do not see them as often as we would like seeing as it costs too much in fuel and the children hate being stuck in the car for hours.

xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:47 pm 
Post subject:
it will probably be the same for us when little baba arrives. My Mum cant wait but on the other hand Oh's Mum doesnt seem too phased by it. But my OH's sister is also pregnant, so i guess she will be getting xcited about their baba xx
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:37 pm 
Post subject:
My 2 girls don't see their paternal grandparents as they don't see their dad, well the youngest does and she sees his mum but his dads dead. I don't have anything to do with my parents as mum is an alcoholic and me and my dads wife don't get on Very Happy Ain't families great. My new hubby's parents however will be the doting gp's. I'm gonna have to stop his mum from running away and buying everything for us when i get pg. Think i might have to have words as soon as i'm pg xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular