Food alternatives

KellyRH
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:01 pm 
Post subject: Food alternatives
Cous cous can be used to replace potatoes, rice and pasta as a healthier option and i love it. had it twice today already and have it for lunch tomorrow.

What other foods can you use to replace an unhealthier food.

xstephaniex
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:08 pm 
Post subject:
I always have a jelly pot instead of a fattening pudding. but I love jelly anyway so I prefer it to pudding which is lucky
KellyRH
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
i've been eating activia since thursday. is that good lol. not too keen on the jelly

BandaPanda
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
My mum replaces biscuits and crisps with Ryvita - cant say they taste good but she says they are 'good for her'
KellyRH
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:13 pm 
Post subject:
funnily enough i like rivita.

xstephaniex
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:15 pm 
Post subject:
they do some lovely crisps nowadays that are only like 80 calories. so If you feel like snacking better to do it with something like that.

also you get melon pots in tesco which are only like 60 calories, no fat i take it? and they quench your thirst as well. thats if you like melon.

an activia is loads better than a chocolate bar think of it that way.

I think the trick is to eat less fat. a girl I work with done some diet and you were allowed to eat as much quorn as you wanted as it was so low in fat. she used to eat packet after packet of quorn cold meat and still lost weight every week.

Oh and ryvita are very good if you can find a low fat spread for them. I sometimes have something like that for lunch.

oh the low fat cuppa soups are great if your hungry at night sitting doing nothing. gives you something to do with your hands (instead of shovelling chocolate in your mouth like i do)

x
xxmaxixx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
brown bread and brown rice instead of white, and if you have sugar in your tea brown demerah sugar intead of white, dark chocolate is good for you if you feel like a treat although i hate the stuff just dosent cut it like milk chocolate Mad
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
I love honey drew melon could eat it all day. its pay day friday so i'm sorting my shopping list out (yes Lisa i have a shopping list now and save money!!!)

Whats a good filling breakfast. i'm having porridge tomorrow followed by a banana (i cant do banana in or on anything) and a kiwi.

I then plan on having a melon pot (thanks steph) for a snack then i have cous cous and spag bowl with lots of fresh chunky veg followed by activia yogurt. not sure whats for tea tomorrow it might have to be pie to get it out of the freezer.

xstephaniex
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:27 pm 
Post subject:
when I diet I find that eating what I want for my dinner - as long as its not takeaway - keeps me going. if I have a filling meal and dont try and count calories for that one meal it gives me something to work hard all day for and keeps me full all night.

what about brown bread toasted with some low fat spread and a bit of fruit?
cereal?

Ive run out of ideas I dont do breakfast it makes me feel sick

x

p.s I have a shopping list but I never save money Laughing
KellyRH
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:30 pm 
Post subject:
ah steph we never had a list would just go shopping and buy what ever. then when we fancied something we didnt have everything so went to buy stuff for it then would see stuff we'd like so would buy that too. it added up to about 450 a month on food!!!!

This month i've got it down to 165 !!!!!!! so we've saved so much. i now plan what we are eating each day. its harder with rowan as he dont eat the [*@!#%*] we have so he has something different. but now he's eating with us

xstephaniex
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:35 pm 
Post subject:
ive always planned what we are eating every day.

I spend about 300 a month on food shopping. I think my problem is our tesco is huge and Im always picking up stuff I dont need (even more toys and clothes for hannah) and it all adds up. I may have to just go to morrisons as the one near us is tiny and doesnt have toys or anything like some of the other ones do.

I try so hard every week but every week its like 70/80 Crying or Very sad just have to keep trying harder. thing is I buy all our lunches and stuff with that weekly shop so I dont spend any money at all during the week. so it evens itself out because I used to always end up at the deli spending 5 a day for lunch once you buy a drink etc. so when I think of it that way its not too bad.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular