Life as a housewife?

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:12 pm 
Post subject: Life as a housewife?
Does anyone else feel kinda trapped by the role of a housewife and mother?

All it seems im doing at the moment is cleaning, washing, folding clothes and cooking, I have to admit I miss work and then feel guilty for not being happy to spend all of my time with my children. I love them but is it wrong that I dont want to spend all my times with them?

Sis is staying with us but is more like another child than a help, she seems to think once her baby is born im going to be looking after her as well as my own three while she swans off with her friends, which is so not going to happen.

Sorry to rant but Will is getting at me for being noughty and diffulcult to deal with, it just rammed it home spending time with my friends and sisters who have older children, work and have a good social life how child centred my life has become. I feel lamost like im loosing myself, that im not Laura anymore, just 'mother' and 'wife'.

Sorry to rant at you, i Just needed to let off steam

x

xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:18 pm 
Post subject:
How old are ur wee ones Laura?
You need a social life too. Maybe even just once a week, you should get a night off.
Your sister should hopefully live up to her responsibilities.
Maybe talk to your partner and tell him its really starting to get u down ? xx
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to rant, im not normally like this just feeling down. I never used to mind staying in more and looking after the twins (1 yearand seven months) but mos of my friends are other mothers, and it just annoys me that Will can go out to the pub when he wants while I sit in and watch the kids.

My sis said she wanted to move in with us cause she needed help but spent the last week on the couch watching telly and demanding food, appretnly she too big and exhasuted to get them or wash up even though she expects me, also pregnant to do so. Shes a spoilt princess and its just starting to annoy me.

Sorry to go on but its just hit me recently

x

millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Laura. I feel exactly the same sometimes, especially at the moment. All I do is pick up after everyone (husband included), do the washing, cleaning etc and I just kind of wish I could have time to myself or at least a little gratitude. Take this week with Richard being on guard, I have had a home cooked meal every night ready for when he gets in, but not one night has he said thanks or that was lovely or anything, and then leaves his plate for me to wash up (bearing in mind I have already done all of the dishes I used to cook the dinner as well as the children's plates etc). Then I do as much washing as I can, yet he will have forgotten to put something he wants washed in the basket and gets annoyed when he finds out it has not been washed - like it is my fault he did not put it in for washing. My sister is coming tommorrow too (she is 22 but acts like a child) and all she does is gets me to get her drinks, cook her food, and eats me out of house and home (bearing in mind I am pregnant, have spd and 2 children to look after). The only reason I am letting her come is because I am desperate for someone to watch the children whilst I have my pyschiatry appointment on wed and no-one else will come. Just so fed up sometimes.

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:39 pm 
Post subject:
God I know so how you feel.

Sis is now asking for bowl of ceral, felt like throwing the box at her head. Tinight after dinner (which I cooked) everyone left tto watch the oylimpics so I had to clean up then no one even said thankyou!

How are you and hows the hips?

x

millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hips are giving out on me. The other day my back completely siezed up - I was completely sofa-bound, and had to crawl up the stairs to bed - very dignified!

My sister drives me so bonkers. Like can she really not get herself a drink or do herself beans on toast? It's unbelievable. The worst thing she does though is smoke in the bedroom she sleeps in. I have no smoking in my house, but because she is too lazy to go downstairs outside she opens the window and smokes - like the smoke will not go through the rest of the house just because she has the window open! Even worse is she is sleeping in the spare room which has the 'baby' cupboard in, so all the clothes and everything. I tell her off every time, but it does not stop her.

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:50 pm 
Post subject:
I hope you get your back sorted out soon hun

God sisters are just so eughgh!! Mia is offcially a spoilt little princess, how is she supposed to cope with a baby? She moans she cant cook or whatever cause she pregnant but she only 20 weeks, im 36 so shouldnt she be looking after me?? God how is she going to manage when shes a mother?? Apprently she is going to be going out every weekend with her friends and going to uni full time but cant afford a baby sitter so she expects me to look after her baby as well as mine.

Smoking, god id find her cigs and flush em away dont like people smoking near my children at all.

xx

millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:55 pm 
Post subject:
That's why I try not to go down to my parents, as they all smoke. Mine is a spoilt princess too - she works but is always missing shifts for whatever reason. She does not pay rent, my parents bail her out for whatever and give her money for holidays and stuff even though she does nothing in the home. Then when she comes up she expects me to take her out for meals and go wherever but I cannot afford it. Thanks about the back - got physio on friday again so maybe he can help a bit.

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:58 pm 
Post subject:
Ill keep em crossed.

Im glad to be home though =]

Watching Kizzy mum at 14, god I oudlnt have had a baby at 14 =s

Maybe your sister could come and live with me and being spoilt brats together??

Will is also now ignoring me and sat watching telly with Mia, what a baby.

xx

millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:00 pm 
Post subject:
lol. Richard pretty much ignores me as oon as he gets in - straight on the computer or wii. So when we go to bed I start chatting as I have only spoken to children all day, but he tells me to shut up and go to sleep.

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:02 pm 
Post subject:
sounds farmiliar =]

At least the twins can talk now which im thankful for though I must admit it made me laugh when zac smashed a toy truck into Mia's head and when Kara threw up on her, joys of motherhood lol

She also now talking bout having an elective c section so she can have a tummy tuck, all I wanted was a healthy baby, didnt care about my waistline lol

x

millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:08 pm 
Post subject:
My sister said the bloody same thing! She said if (god forbid) she was ever pregnant she would definately have a c-section so she could get a tummy tuck at the same time.

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:11 pm 
Post subject:
and she expects my mum and dad to foot the bill

Bloody hell, when I was pregnant the first time all I wanted was my babies not plastic surgery thought my parents willl prob pay it, they bought her a boob job for her 18th.

x

millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:14 pm 
Post subject:
Nice!

Urgh sisters and husbands. Drive you bonkers!

It's nice to hear someone feels the same as me. I feel bad talking about it because quite a few of the ladies on here cannot afford to stay home, but as much as I adore my children we definately need time apart sometimes. Today they were so moody and stressy with me, and I could not take them out because of the rain and they did not seem to want to do anything with me. Just sometimes really wish for a few hours away from the house on my own.

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:17 pm 
Post subject:
I know.

Im happy that I am able to stay home but somtimes Im just like 'No, I dont wanna watch bloody barney with you anymore!"

Id love to be able to spend a few hours aweek alone but cant even do that now then I feel guilty for wanting to be apart from them. I love them more than anyone but I dont wanna be one of those women who have nothing but thier children in thier lives.

x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular