Constant sickness

Staceyxx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:21 am 
Post subject: Constant sickness
Hi Came across this great forum and thought i would ask a few questions, hope that is ok.

I am 13 weeks preganant with my first child. It was half planned, i came off the pill and fell within the month. We did expect it to take longer but hey it was quick and so far not many omplecations so all good.

The main problem i am having is sickness, I am sick pretty much most of the day and night, Its not just a bit but projectile vomit ( not very nice) I have been trying to eat little and often but after 5 weeks of this i am just fed up. I have tried Ginger, Lemonade, is there anything else any one could suggst to maybe help me keep my food down,

I know there is no mirical cure but it really s nacering me out.

Thanks in advance

Stacey xx
Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:28 pm 
Post subject:
I really feel sorry for you, I know exactly how you feel. I was like that with all three of my children. It gets you down and it seens never ending. Just hang in there, mine started to ease around 16weeks. I found sucking sweets, drinking fizzy, all the wrong kinda foods!!! helped a bit. Try having something to eat before bed to help through the night. I had porridge for supper forced it down, so I didnt get soo hungry in the night.
Lots of love
Lin X
ps ICE cold water helped me too I drunk loads of it!!!!!
Sparklediamond
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
I just found that I am pregnant also and I am sick all of the time just dizziness and nausea mostly. What I have tried to do is eat ice and lots of ice like mumof3 told you.

You might want to go back into the doctor to see if there is anything else they can provide.
Good Luck
BobbyBear
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:58 am 
Post subject:
Hi

I'm 9 weeks pregnant and new to this forum. So hello Very Happy

I have only been sick once but was constantly nauseas from 5 weeks onward (I know they say its a good sign but I felt so rough all the time!).
2 weeks ago I bought some travel sickness bands from Boots. They are 7.99 for 2 and you wear them both, one on each wrist, and it presses on the pressure points that stop you feeling sick.
Since I bought them I have hardly taken them off! They are an absolute lifesaver. Sometimes they get a bit uncomfortable and I take them off for a while, but after about half hour I start feeling sick so have to put them back on.

I would really recommend these, as ginger etc didn't really work for me.
tonilee
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:27 pm 
Post subject: morning sickness
i am still being sick at 22 weeks only thigs that help are ice pops and chocolate yazoo!!! apparently vit B12 is good and yazoo is full of it! I was terrible for a few weeks so i know exactly how you feel but after a while it does subside to only in the morning rather than all day!! anyway if its any consolation it is a good sign!!! goog luck hun xx
gingin
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:08 pm 
Post subject:
we really do get a raw deal - the other tip i read is to avoid getting too warm - the only morning i have been sick i came down to our kitchen which is set to 20/21 degrees - its usually cosy but since last week my temperature must have risen or something - i suddenly felt like i was cooking and the next minute my 1 and only vom sess so far ! basically if you are too warm it increases the nausea so try and get fresh air - bit tough mid winter but honestly it really helps - also orange juice in the morning before i get up with a biscuit or cracker
anyone got any tips for this horrible taste in your mouth !
g
x
Marien
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi. Did you know that if u can't keep anything down you can get help from your GP? It is becoming common practice for GP to prescribe medication to help with severe cases of pregnancy sickness (hyperemesis gravidarum) and it is generally considered safe to take this med in pregnancy. Hope this helps. Talk to your gp. Very Happy
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:29 pm 
Post subject:
i saw a nurse and she only suggested cola to me useless at best as i dont drink caffiene so bad it worse

the tip about warmth is good to warm made me vomit to and greasy or fried foods.

im glad to say its getting better and i think the thing that helped me most was the day i went to see the midwife and cried about the way i felt and she assured me the little i was eating was good enough esp as i was eating fruit.as i had been panicking more than i thought about only eating curry noodles,turkey meat sandwhiches,crisp sandwhiches and fruit and pasta,cous cous.

now i can eat alot more so i wud say try not to think about it to much or it makes u worse
Marien
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:36 pm 
Post subject:
Just read the suggestion about acupressure bands and I agree, they do help - but why not go the whole hog and try acupuncture as well? Assuming the idea of little needles doesn't put u off! I tried it and it worked for me! (And doesn't hurt.) Very Happy
Nicjill
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:03 pm 
Post subject:
I have had morning sickness non-stop for a week & half now! Only 7/8 weeks in so I know I have a long way to go yet before it eases. I have tried ginger biscuits, they don't really do much for me. Weirdly enough, I've found that Hula Hoops ease it a little. I try to eat little & often, but it still gets terrible around lunchtime. Yesterday I felt like I had food poisoning. Its beginning to affect me at work now, I nearly threw up on a client! Luckily she was pregnant too so understood why I dashed out of the room. I didn't think the doctor would prescribe anything but if it gets worse I might go and see, even if its just something to keep the sickness at bay during work it'd be a huge help. I will be trying other methods first though before I go dosing myself up!
gingin
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:42 pm 
Post subject:
apart from your hormones going nuts the sickness is also down to your diet - sorry to this but its our bodies way of expelling what it doesnt want for the baby - I had an ectopic preg a long time ago at the time i was young and had a terrible diet i was also very very sick ! thankfully this time my diet is spot on - and clearly my body has respected this as i have only been sick once and this was becuase i was overhot ! try and take a walk each day the fresh air is a great help and gets the oxygen into your blood etc I have been eating lots of fruit too and i havent touched coffee tea coke etc - If you are being very sick try and take a vit supp a day like beroca or something to ensure you are getting what you need - even if you are sick after it your body will absorb some of it at least - be careful girls if you are being sick dotn persevere ask for help even if you see a nutritionist at the local health food shop - everyone assures me it wears off at 3mths ish
Sam88
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:46 pm 
Post subject: Extreme Sickness
Hi! Im new just come across the site by accident & reading all your posts made me feel a lot better, Im 15 weeks not exactly planned but a happy accident (dont believe em when they say it take ages to get pregnant after coming off the Depo injection!) I found out i was pregnant when i went to the docs with what i thought was a sickness bug!! Ha ha. But unfortunatley for its been 1 long road of sickness ive recently just come out of the hospital after spending a few days on a drip as i couldnt even keep liquids down. When i can eat its just very plain & coke makes it better for me as well.
But i just wanted to say its nice to know im not alone!! Thanks ladies.
gingin
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:12 pm 
Post subject:
hey girls - just wanted to see how everyones Sickness is progressing I have week 2 of nausea - it seems to get worse late morning no idea why that is ? have still lost my appetite and nothing appeals but i am making a real effort to eat fruit etc - all i can say is god help my wasteline after this baby is born cos if my taste buds return to normal i am going to eat crisps until i am sick !!! hope all you girls who have been really sick are starting to feel better - lets all keep our fingers crossed it finishes at the end of 1st trimester like everyone keeps telling me !
Marien
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:35 pm 
Post subject:
Amen to that! My husband now says he has been feeling sick in sympathy but I don't feel sorry for him (I'm so mean! Twisted Evil ) I'm constantly wishing I was a man at the moment so that I would not have to feel this horrible! Gingin, what you said about a healthy diet affecting nausea I would agree with in principle, but my experience has been somewhat different! Before being pregnant I had a VERY healthy diet, lots of fresh fruit & veg, little meat, plenty of fish etc but after I became pg I could stomach none of it! Now all I want to eat is fruit (good) but much worse I now only fancy rubbish food like pizza and curries, sweets and cakes and if I try to eat more healthily I feel worse! I wouldn't normally eat anything like the rubbish I eat now! "Bad" food seems to help ease the nausea! My sis-in-law (nutritionist) thinks my body may need more carbs, sugar and salt than usual which could be why I'm craving mostly junk. My GP isn't worried but my waistline is! Laughing
gingin
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
hey marien, i think what i was getting at is that preganancy seems to dictatete the diet !! the sickness is apparently our bodies way of telling us what it needs and what it doesnt - which is why none of us are the same and we are all wanting different things - whats interesting is the common need for fruit - everyone is enjoying fruit and me personally lots of it !! which i have to say is a lifetime first ! i am finding it really fascinating that i am so "turned off" by what was all my favourites though! my major poison before was crisps and now i cant even look at a packet !! I have however found a plus - i have found mars and snickers really help the nausea and pick up the energy levels a bit in the afty - no i have a stash in the fridge for my afternoon treat !! another friend of mine is due in april and so far she has gained 3 stone - i dont want to be a "heifer" but i guess its our bodies that decide that !! LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular