Manflu v Pregnancy - compare and contrast!!

Shelle76
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:50 am 
Post subject: Manflu v Pregnancy - compare and contrast!!
OMG am sooo angry right now.....

I have been off work for the back end of last week as my spd is becoming increasingly unbearable now but have come back into work today as feel guilty for being off Crying or Very sad

Have spent last weekend trying to sort out spare room for bubs, entertain friends and family who just come round unannounced and in between that keep my house clean, washing, ironing etc keeping a 9 year old entertained so have not exactly been resting up! My OH was off Saturday but went into work for 12 hours yesterday as overtime for extra money for baby stuff and has to start night shift tonight so is bit grumpy PLUS he has manflu - however I have been running around like a blue arsed fly getting him lemsips etc etc......

Anyway (sorry to ramble) I phoned him from work just a minute ago to see how he was and he was really off with me, saying that the house is in a state and generally moaning at me!!!! All I left were last night's dishes for him to do, everything else is nice and tidy - I just can't believe he's being like that - he even put the phone down on me!!!! He knows I can't shout at him as am at work lol!!! So me being heavily pregnant, coping with spd and a cold I've caught off him is NOTHING compared to him having the chuffing sniffles and having to wash a few dishes!!!! Sometimes its as if nothing has changed, I still do just as much even though am working full time and heavily pregnant, he's ok most of time but its things like this that make me so cross.....

I really don't know why I bother sometimes - I could sit here and cry but won't as would be embarassing as am at my desk at work lol!!!!!!!

Sorry again for moaning, there isn't anyone else I can talk to right now Crying or Very sad

xx
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:12 am 
Post subject:
OMG your husband needs to lift his finger and stop moaning about his stupd manflu. Honeslty i would be so annoyed!!
My boyf does exactly the same, but now i have just tarted leaing the housewrk, as hard as it is to see te hous a mess i do it.. until he lifts his finger.
I think you should try this trick with him and when he wants his lemsips etc tell him to get off his a*rse and get it himself!!!xx
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:15 am 
Post subject:
tell him to grow up
I know to blokes 'man flu' is supposedly worse than any female ailment but its just a load of b****** (as we well know)
They don't seem to realise that we get on with things even when we feel wretched and while we may have a little moan, we certainly don't go all dying duck.
I think having an extra couple of stone, aching bones and ligaments (SPD in ur case), mornin sickness, tiredness and all the other stuff that goes along with being pregnant is something that men will never understand cos they'll never have all tht stuff at once like we will.
Don't feel silly if you cry at work - my trick is to go to the disabled toilet cos u get more space in there and no one to disturb u.
but don't let him get away with bein a chuff! being male isn't hard - being pregnant is.
*hug*

Shelle76
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:16 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for reply Very Happy

Am definitely gonna do that and stop doing so much - the only annoying thing is seeing the place in a mess before he gets off his a*se and does anything!!

Oh don't worry am preparing to tell him to shove the lemsips right where the sun don't shine lol!!!!!
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:24 am 
Post subject:
Hi Shelle76

I don't blame you for being angry - what a toad!

My OH is the same when he gets ill, totally self-involved. I would wait until you are both home so you could have aface to face discussion, calm and controlled.

'Whilst I appreciate you are not feeling well at the moment, please consider the fact that I am heavily pregnant and in constant agony with my hips and back. I do not have the energy to go to work, cook for the family, look after the kids, do all the housework etc. therefore I would appreciate your help around the house. You are quite capable of washing a few dishes for me or running the hoover round; if you feel you are unable to do this then do not moan at me when it is not done; I am not your lacky - I am your wife and carrying your child; please remember that'

I would then walk away and leave him to process what you have said, there is no point in shouting as men just stop listening at that point and think you're being hormonal/moanal.

That's just me though; I won't stand to be treated badly, ever. (hard assed btch)
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:05 pm 
Post subject:
Awww I feel loads better now and greatly cheered up by your posts ladies - thanks heaps!!!

{{{hugs to all}}}}

xx

Am off home at 4pm to kick some butt lol!!!!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular