SMP, redundancy and job seekers allowance

easytiger333
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:28 pm 
Post subject: SMP, redundancy and job seekers allowance
Hi, please help

I have been with my employer for nearly 4 years and redundancies are looming. I am currently 3 months into my 9 month maternity leave but as my role within the company is not required I think i'll be made redundant.

I understand that if I am made redundant during my ML I will still get paid SMP. Does anyone know if this should be for the full 39 weeks or just 26 weeks? 26 weeks is OML and the other 13 weeks is AML.

If I am made redundant during my ML but still getting my monthly SMP pay can I claim job seekers allowance? If so then how does that affect the terms of finding a job before the end of my SMP payments?

Many thanks
xDebsx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:51 am 
Post subject:
Hi and welcome to AskBaby Very Happy

If you are made redundant hun you will still be entitled to full SMP until 39 weeks but you can't claim JSA at the same time - you would have to wait until your SMP finished and then sign on.

Remember to inform tax credits of your change in circumstances as you may be entitled to a higher payment depending on your combined household income.

Hope this helps?

xx

easytiger333
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:01 am 
Post subject:
hi that does help. Thank you Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular