April mummies!!!

pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:16 am 
Post subject:
Sarah: I find exactly the same with Oliver and it makes it worse when your nips are sore and you just want them to latch properly first time as even the thought of them going near you makes you want to cry! I've had moments where I've said to dh that I'm switching to formula. I think the only thing that stopped me was the cost in the long run!! My GP suggested expressing the side that is sore to give it a rest but it took me so long to express an oz (and more painful) I thought I'd suffer the pain in future. Maybe worth a go though, you might have more luck than me. You could always try changing his position so putting him under your arm (if that makes sense) so his latch is different and maybe less painful for a few feeds, give you a chance to recover and as for taking two hours, is he falling asleep? Maybe try taking him off and winding him or changing him after half hour to wake him up as that may be why you're getting sore.

Sorry it's a bit rambling, it's 4am and I'm typing this on my phone at the same time as feeding! x

sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:38 am 
Post subject:
Hey girls,
Thanks for the supportive messages. Luckily Jamie seems to have settled a bit with his feeding now and think as many of you have mentioned, he was just going through a bit of a growth spurt.
Howz everyone finding the winding thing now as we all seem to be struggling with that? I very rarely get a burp out of Jamie and without sitting with him for 2 hours after every feed, I have to put him back down and feel bad as he wriggles a lot. How does the gripe water work and where do I get it?
I got my little one weighed yesterday. He will be 3 weeks on Thursday, he was 8lb 6oz when he was born and now weighs 10lb 30z! Can't believe it! They said he's well above average! I'm going to have a well porky baby! Love him so much! Still finding it hard though that I can't even pop out without Jamie at the mo and my oh can. I know I can express but I'm worried about putting him on a bottle too early incase he doesn't go back to the boob! Has anyone else had success stories or experiences of doing this?
Hope you and your lo's are well.xxxxx
Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:46 am 
Post subject:
Were trying hard with the winding. Gripe water seems to be the best thing so far. I increase Alfies dosage to 3ml this morning and he done a HUGE burp within 5 mins. I think it shocked him as he jumped haha. Has been v relaxed and chilled out since then but hes due another bottle at 12 so ill tryagain and see if it has the same effect. Im also giving him Colief in with this bottles and a drop of Infacol before each feed. Ok to use them all my HV says as they all tackle the problem differently. I hoping ive found the answer as a windy baby is sooo distressing ive lost so much sleep because of it.

Alfie was 7lb 15oz born - went down to 7lb 7oz after 5 days and then was 9lb at 3 weeks old. Im going to get him weighed again today so hopefully he will have put on a good few pounds, Hes nearly outgrown all his newborn stuff now Smile

x

[/url]
melhonie
Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies...hope your all ok?

Sarah.....I expressed some milk last week and my oh fed it to james using a bottle. we wanted to try it to see how he took to it. I havent had any probs with him latching on since. He did guzzle it down tho and most of it dribbled down his chin as he wasnt used to such a fast flow!!

xx

Karen78
Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hope the colic probs sort themselves out for you ladies.

I had Lauren weighed today and she is now 11lb 2.5oz at just over 6 wks old, HV is very happy with this and don't have to go back for 1 month.

The next thing is the jabs which I am dreading! can't bear to see my little lady in pain, I'll prob be in tears with her!
Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:41 pm 
Post subject:
Thought I'd see how the April mummies were doing as this thread has fallen off the page!.
Hope you are all well, Lauren is coming along really well at the moment her sleeping is so much better 11pm/12am- 4/5am and 5/6am-8/9am so pretty good.
I have a feeling she may be teething at the moment as she is chewing her hands and is very grumpy and did not sleep until 2.30am this morning - I ended up sleeping on the sofa.
Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:10 am 
Post subject:
Hey Karen,
Hope your little one is ok - sleeping sounds good. Healthy weight as well!
We are doing really well. Jamie is sleeping so well at night and had his first whole night last night! Went down at 11 and slept through til 7 this morning! Could not believe it! The 3 nights before last night, he only woke at 4.30/5 ish for one feed so we've been really lucky so far. He hasn't had colic yet though so sure my time will come! He does struggle to bring up wind though and wriggles around a lot! Jamie is also putting on weight above average. I had him weighed last monday when he was 3.5 weeks old and he was 10lb 11oz (he weighed 8lb 6oz when he was born!). He's going to be a little porker! Have no idea what I have in my breast milk but I should sell it! May try taking him swimming today - he's not been enjoying his baths much lately so not sure how we'll get on with that!
Nice to hear from you, hope the rest of the April Mummy's are well! xxx
Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
Omg sarah u r sooo lucky!We give alfie his last feed at 10 and then he wakes at 2.30 and 6 still. Im gutted i really want him to sleep through - i cant wait until he does. Alfie is 10lb 5.5oz now and put on 11oz this week. He is drinking loads and last night he drank 8oz for my mam over the space of an hour and a half! I have such a little porker haha x

[/url]
Karen78
Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:38 pm 
Post subject:
Glad to hear the April babies are getting their sleeping patterns sorted, it is so much better getting a decent nights sleep.

Sarah:How did you get on with the swimming? I want to take Lauren but a bit worried incase she poos in the water, and the getting changed bit (need to take OH!), she loves baths especially in the hot weather.
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:59 am 
Post subject:
Hi April mummies,

My eldest is home from school this week so has been a god send I can actually remove the baby thats permanently attached to my chest lol...

We are both well, have our 6 week check next week and really looking forward to finding out how much Katie weighs now. I'm 10lbs off my weight that I started my pregnancy at, but could do with losing 2st after that, will worry about that after the 6 week check, I said all along I wouldnt worry about weight for the first 6 weeks.

We are combination feeding now with great success, I tend to start the day at 7ish and then alternate between breast and bottle, last night was a sucess and she woke just once. Katie loves her baths so we tend to have one every eve around 7ish.

I feel really well my hubby went back to work this week after having a month off, and if i'm honest Im glad for the time alone now, so I can start to meet up with some friends or a mother and baby class, I found it hard when he was home, I didnt organise anything because I thought it unfair on him. It was his time to spend with her..

On a personal note I'm really suffering with my pelvis still I had spd during my pregnancy and Its still really painful when I walk, I will mention it next week at my ckeck up..

Catch up soon..x
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hope the 6wks check goes ok for you Katiesmummy! I was only in mine for 10 mins, she did not even check my stomach!.
My LO slept from 11pm-11am last night, only waking for a feed at 6.30am then straight back to sleep, I was washed, dressed and waiting for her to wake as we had to go out!.

On Friday my local Surestart are doing a baby group for all the newborn babies from my surgery- so should be good to meet others with LO's of a similar age!.
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:12 pm 
Post subject:
I also got my 6 week check next week - looking forward to see how heavy my little fatty is now lol. he had put on 11oz in a week the last time i took him. im expecting him to be nearly 12lb by the time i get to my appt.

alfie still isnt sleeping good - waking at least 3 times. i may take a bottle of wter to bed tonight and try him with that instead of a bottle as he is only drinking a couple of ounces once hes awake and tbh windng him for the sake of 2 oz is ridiculous! takes longer than feeding him!!.

im hoping he settes soon

x

[/url]
pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone, my six week check is next week too (although hecwill be over seven by then). Hope everyones goes well. Have heard they don't do much.

Oliver is well, last weigh in was 9lbs 6oz so on his percentile line and am still bf although have thought about giving up as I can't seem to express and I'd love a proper nights sleep! Main news is that oliver is now SMILING!! The last week he has been trying and finally cracked it a couple of days ago! It makes interacting much more fun and easier. He looks soooo cute!

Tonight is my first ever night by myself with him as dh away so am a bit anxious for some reason, silly really! X

Karen78
Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:23 pm 
Post subject:
Good to see the April babies smiling - it's so great when they do that it melts your heart!.
My LO is always smiling and is always cooing and making noises, I think she will be a right chatterbox when she can talk Very Happy .
I went to a mother & baby club today and there was only 2 of us!!! at least the other baby was only 1wk older than Lauren, it was good to speak to someone going through the same things as me!, and have any questions answered as my HV seems to rush us in to have baby weighed and never has time tor questions.

Hope the LO's are coping with the weather - think its here all weekend, it's nice but Lauren gets so hot in her car seat she's literally dripping wet when she gets out!
Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:15 pm 
Post subject:
Alfie is the same Karen. His head gets extra sweaty and is soaking when i lift him owt. Ive stopped putting a blanket on him during the night as its getting him overheated and he seems fine in just his vest and sleepsuit - tbh he slept longer the othr night when i done that. Hes also starting to smile too - trying vhard and i think hes gonna crack it in the next few days!!

x

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2010 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to:  

Community

Popular