April mummies!!!

Karen78
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:11 pm 
Post subject:
Lauren had her jabs yesterday - screamed a bit (I cried more than her!) and seemed to be fine last night, gave her some calpol in a syringe later and I ended up covered in it when she spat it out!. Only got 4 wks til the next lot of jabs Sad
Getting her weighed next week she was 11lb 2oz @ 6wks so fully expecting her to be at least 13lbs @10wks.
Hope everyones LO's are doing ok.
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:29 pm 
Post subject:
I'm dreading oliver having his jabs, think it's in 10 days time!!

I went to my first baby group today and there was a mum there who's baby is about 10 days younger than Oliver and already weighs 2lbs more! Oliver is 11lbs 4oz now and on the 50th percentile so normal! The woman looked at him and pretty much told me he is underfed! I felt like saying 'at least he's not fat like yours'! How rude! And her baby started smiling at 4 weeks AND sleep from 11-4 at night! Don't know why I let her bother me but she just made me feel like such a [*@!#%*] mummy! And I know I'm not-all babies are different. Sorry for the rant grrrr x

Karen78
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:13 pm 
Post subject:
Pepper - That lady sounds like a right ol bag! don't listen to her, every baby is different, 11lbs is a good weight. I'm sure half of the people that say my baby sleeps 12hrs...blah blah blah are lying!.
At the baby group I go to there was only 2 of us!!, but at least our LO's were of similar age, and she was already on about of trying for her 2nd!! - god not even thinking about that, I think 1 baby is enough for me Very Happy
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
Another one? What is wrong with her! Hehe! I think I might want another one but not for a few years at least.

I just want to find a baby group where people aren't going to make out that their baby is perfect (and therefore making me question myself) and can talk about something other than babies! I was only there for an hour and a half but I was exhausted at the end!

Katiesmummy
Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:58 am 
Post subject:
Hi All,

Had our 6week check on Monday, spoke to doc about my spd and she if refering me for physio, will prob take a year for an appt, other than that I'm fine in myself though tend to have a knackered day every other day if that makes sense.

Katies check went well but the doctors dont weigh them at their 6wk check so I took her along to clinic on tues which has a mum and baby group running along side, she weighs 12lb 11oz they didnt say anything so assume this is ok?

Katie is mainly on formula now, and luckilly as I have introduced it gradually I have had no discomfort of my boobs, tend to just bf her now during the night, however she woke at 1am 3am and 5am last night aaahhhhh!!!

I also have really made a rod for my own back as I have let her sleep on my chest during the night so I can get some sleep, but she had a bottle at 8.30pm and went through til the 1am in her moses basket so I was chuffed to bits, its a shame I wasnt ready for bed at 9pm when she went to bed I would have had loads of sleep, but then I probably wouldnt have slept anyway waiting for her to wake lol...

Back to the mum and baby group, that one wasnt for me, the mums were really young and it was very clicky their babies were all sitting up as well so were quite a bit older
so will have a look at another one, there are quite a few near me to chose from.

I met with a friend on Monday for coffee and Katie cried pretty much the whole time I was out, luckilly we both just blocked her out but felt sorry for the other customers, she can be such a grumpy baby lol, but is geting better with each increase of formula so obviously it suits her. I BF both my other daughters for much longer but I'm really not beating myself up over stopping so soon, it is defo the best for her she has been a different baby with each increase bless her.

Ok I had better go I'm meeting up with some friends again today, its been lovely this week meeting up with friends makes me feel like my old self again for a short while..x

Have a good day all..x
Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:16 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all- it is ages since I posted on here- I read a lot but never seem to get round to writing anything.
Hasn't time flown by- I cant believe our babies are 2 months already. I love it when they begin to gurgle and smile at you all the time!
Polly has had a stinking cold recently which has made her very sick and stopped her putting onweight v much. She was only 10lbs 9oz on monday when she was 8 weeks but she has been bringing up entire feeds cos of all the mucous she has in her tummy. She does seem a bit better now and hasnt been sick for a few days so hopefully weight will go on again.I am still just bf which has settled down and doesnt hurt anymore.
I have got a lovely evening routine now which Polly seems to love- I have a bath every evening with her at about 7, then into pjs and then a feed with curtains pulled etc. We dont come downstairs at all after bath and she is usually asleep in her crib by 8. She will go til about 3 when she has next feed and then again about 6. I like this as I get to have an evening downstairs with no kids as they are both asleep. It has taken some perserverence and a few evenings sat upstairs with her but has been worth it!

Hopefully I wont wait so long til I post next time! It is a bit manic with my 2 year old as well, plus my eldest son has just come home from University for the summer (with his washing) and my daughter has been doing her AS levels!
Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:38 am 
Post subject:
Hey ladies,
Nice to hear how everyone is getting on -sorry haven't had the chance to write on hear for a while! Sounds like you're all doing well!
Pepper - that women sounds CRAZY! She's just trying to make you feel bad and show off to make out she's the model parent! To be honest, it's prob got nothing to do with her that her little one is sleeping well etc, she's just been lucky! You're prob a better mum as you've had to persevere through the sleepless nights etc and you're still doing really well! Thats pressure and I think you're doing a fab job! It's not been easy with your little one having colic which is also prob why he hasn't put on as much weight as prob hasn't felt like feeding so much! Also, as you say, he is completely average and normal for his age! He's sounds perfect to me! Ignore!
We've been extremely lucky with our little one - for the last week he's been sleeping through the night (sorry - i don't want to sound like i'm bragging!) - still breastfeeding which is going well now. Expressed for the first time the other day which is fab as we're going to take a bottle out with us tomorrow night as we have a wedding to go to so won't have to sit in a room feeding all night! In order to get him to sleep through the night, i'm having to feed a lot in the second part of the day but i'm happy doing that! He now weighs 12lbs (when he was weighed on Mon) so is way above average the little porker! Think they said he was in the 91st percentile! Hopefully he'll even out a bit in the next few weeks. He has his 8 week check up in 2 weeks time - they used to do 6 weeks but changed it now. How have you all found the injections? I'm dreading them! Hate seeing him in pain.
Karen - swimming was fab - we just took him in a little swimmers nappy so you just change him inthe normal way - they should have baby changing facilities in the pool. I'd recommend taking someone with you the first time. The nappy held out well and nothing leaked and Jamie seemed to really enjoy it. Can't believe how old our little ones are now!xxxx
Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:57 pm 
Post subject:
omg i cant believe i missed this post !!

how are all u ladies doing ??

were doing great i love my little man so much - he is so good i cant complain sleeping through from 10 till 7am and guzzling 6 oz each feed lol weighs approx 12lb now too little poker hahah !!

had a few problems with his sickness but touch wood hes ok now

he is getting quite clingy also so tyring to sort that out

how are u all doing xxxxx
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hey guys

Hope your all well. Alfie still waking once or twice during night but hes suffering terrible wind problems so i think thats the issue. Once we try nd sort that out hopefully things will settle. He went into his own room and slept from 10-3.30 and then til 8 so not too bad. Changed his milk to comfort today so hopefully that may help.

Alfie i now 11lb 12 oz (or was when i got him weighed on tuesday!). Hes a right little fatty. He was taking 5-6oz at a time but for some reason hsa strted taking less but sleeping longer? I dont know if he was maybe getting overfed?

Hope every1 elses litle ones are well!

x

[/url]
Karen78
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:52 pm 
Post subject:
I had Lauren weighed today she is now 13lb 2oz at 10wks, gonna have to move her up to the size 3 nappies!!.
I can't believe how quickly time is going, she is over 2 months already, and thinking about when I'm going back to work. I am dreading that day!.
Good luck to the rest of you with your jabs, Lauren was a real grump for a couple of days after but is fine now, just booked the next lot for July.
Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:25 am 
Post subject:
Hi There, Need to share my great news! Katie slept through from 10pm til 4am the last two nights in a row.... Went back down at 5am and went through til 7.30am. I feel drunk on so much sleep lol...x
Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:08 pm 
Post subject:
Well done Katie!!
Lauren slept last night from 10.30pm-6.30am - 8 whole hours! I feel like a new woman today, it makes up for night before when she didn't go until 2am!
I loved it but my boobs were like footballs in the morning Embarassed I doubt she'll do it again though!
Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies, all the babies weights are brilliant! They are growing so fast! I didn't get Oliver weighed this week I don't want to get obsessed with it although I know he is gaining as he is getting chubs!

Oliver has managed to sleep for 7-8 hours straight for the last three nights, have no idea why, can't explain it as his bedtime routine mainly consists of screaming/grumpy from about 5pm onwards and a refusal to sleep before 9:30pm. It's still hit and miss regarding enjoying a bath (not that he has one every night) and he hates massage so I really don't know what happened. Although I'm not counting my chickens as I'm sure he will be back to his 3 times a night feeds again tonight!! I don't want him to go down too early because I don't want him wide awake at 3am. The only odd thing is that in the mornings he has a couple of feeds and then vomited lots and I mean LOTS! Just one big vomit and then he is fine again but very random. He didn't do it this morning so maybe he is getting used to having a longer gap between feeds, maybe he was a bit greedy!

It is his first jabs tomorrow so am not excited about that as he will probably be a bit upset poor little boy. Have any of your babies had them yet and did they have a temperature/grumps after? xx

Pip4077
Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Everyone - not been on for ages - so wanted to catch up and give an update on Pip (James). He is 10 weeks tomorrow and today's weight is 15lbs !!! He loves his bottle. Was having a few problems with colic/wind- but switched to Dr Brown bottles and Aptamil comfort formula and have never had another problem out of his (been 3 weeks now).

Went on holiday last week and took him swimming for the first time. He loved it ! YAY It was so nice for my OH to spend so much time with him. He is smiling and giggling so much now, it's so nice to get something back from him.

Sleep is still not through the night. Goes from 11pm - 3am, then up at 7 then back down till 9ish.

Going for his first round of jabs tomorrow. Have made my OH take the day off to go with us, as I think I will be in bits if he screams. He hardly ever crys now and it will break my heart if he crys alot.

Pepper - Good luck with your jabs tomorrow.

Really glad to read that everyone is getting on well and that the little one's are coming on so well. xxx

Karen78
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:15 pm 
Post subject:
How are all the April Mummies doing with the heat at the minute?

Lauren is now 13lb 2oz and thriving. This week she has just learnt to pull the toys on her bouncy chair which play a song (must remove batteries now!!), and she is really trying to roll over so don't think it will be long until she does it!

We went to baby massage today and it was really good, made her so sleepy! so hoping to continue with it.
Page 4 of 5

Jump to:  

Community

Popular