Has anybody else noticed?

xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:58 pm 
Post subject: Has anybody else noticed?
Im only 20 and all of my friends are in Uni or working.And fair enough for my age group all they want to do is go out and party/drink!

Since ive been pregnant ivenoticed i dont have alot in common with anybody anymore! All they want to do is drink and dance etc and i cant do that anymore!

I do have one friend who doesnt mind going to the cinema or for something to eat, but shes not available all the time, so im starting to feel a bit lonely!

They cant wait til the baby is here, but until the it looks like im going to be quite lonely! Juswondered if anybody else is in the same boat x
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:03 pm 
Post subject:
i am in the exact same position hun!! im 19 and used to be out with my friends all the time(i was a bit of a party animal to be honest)lol. used to love getting drunk n staying at friends houses n loved sitting in the pub all day with college friends n just generally having a laugh!

now-they have all gone to uni n when they are home they just want to go out and get drunk n i cant do it!! even my fella has more of a social life than me-i feel sooo alone too. i talk to them from time to time but its as though i am drifting further away from them Sad

xxx
Shevi
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Mum to be.

I completely relate, Im 27 but had my first child when i has 25, the one thing i have learned, is people are in your life for a certain period of time, and then you no longer have anything in common with them. I got married 3 years ago, before all my friends, and things already started to change, then they got married and i thought we could be friends again, but then i fell pregnant, all the time our interests were so differnt. They went shopping for new furniture for their home or planning their romantic honeymoon, I was walking down the baby aisle looking for baby grows and dummys. But as lonely as it can be -There is NOTHING more rewarding than holding that baby for the first time, and knowing you bought this precious human being into the world.

If you need to chat, Im here!!!
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:06 pm 
Post subject:
yer im 20 too.

all my friends are still dead imature no jobs boozing all the time and feel so distant from them now.

xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:07 pm 
Post subject:
Thats exactly the same as me!! My sister said its cause we grow up.. but still i wouldnt mind seeing them more.

I dont wrk either.. from the start of my preg i have had really bad panic attacks.. so i just feel like my whole social life has been ripped away from me!!

I amso excited for when my baby comes.. but thats soooo long away!!xx
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:10 pm 
Post subject:
Awww thnx Shevi. Its nice to hear its not just because of my age.
The other thing thats gttng on my nerves is they are all caling me the sellout!! But its not nice whenthey are all drinking and i cant even stand to look at alcohol without throwing up. r whe they all go for a smoke and i have to stay inside.

In a way i do prefer my own company alot now and i go to my Mums nearly every day.

xxxx
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:20 pm 
Post subject:
yea-i go to my mums almost everyday too. he he . at least its somebody you can talk to who understands you completely!!xx
xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:27 pm 
Post subject:
definitely i love my mum.. shes helped me so much withmy panickin!!x
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:49 pm 
Post subject:
yea my mum is a big help too-talk to her about all my worries n she always gives me a straight answer which i love Very Happy xx
xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:55 pm 
Post subject:
Only trouble with my mum is she cant remember anythign to do with pregnancy lol x
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:02 pm 
Post subject:
he he Laughing never mind-im sure shes still a great help Very Happy xx
xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
Aww amazing pic!!x
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:05 pm 
Post subject: xx
hiya hunni....yh i used 2 go out all the time i loved getting drunk n staying out till the next day. then wen i fell pregnant i went all most all my pregnancy with only seeing friends acouple ov times. u do realise who r real friends are.

now i have leon iv been getting txts asking if im goin out IM A SINGLE MUM U IDIOTS WERE DO U WANT LEON 2 GO grrrr lol

hope u dont feel 2 lonley hun i found my mum really useful thru my pregnanncy mind ya ur mum wud get mre lad attention then me so id jus 8 her lol

onli joking x
xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:15 pm 
Post subject:
Awww hun thnx for ur msg. All my mats are excited about baby but they dont really bother with me.. have the feeling when babys here theyll be around for about a week then disappear again!

At least u have ur little star Leon to keep u sane hunni xxx
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:26 pm 
Post subject:
hey
i'm 20 and have felt similarly since b4 i got pregnant as all my friends went to uni and I wanted to work instead.
So 2 years down the line they're part way thru their degrees and into only drinking and sh*ggin anything tht walks whereas most of the stuff that they do i find juvenile and I can barely listen to them go on about it
I might sound like a miserable sod to them but I can't help it
my idea of a good time isn't getting wasted and ending up somewhere completely random.
I feel like i'm so much older than them - dunno if any of u feel like tht or if i'm just especially miserable/ boring lol.
xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular