Has anybody else noticed?

xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:42 pm 
Post subject:
Oh no not miserable at all.. im in exactly the same boat! I find some of the stuff my friends do pretty disgusting and i dont have the patience to listen to it either.

I feel alot lder and maturer than them.. they seem to be in this weird bubble.. xx
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
i got marrid at 19 and had porsha at 20 and barely talk to my friends now because our lifes are so different but now i am sooooooooo pleased when i look at there lives, alot are unemployed have nothing going for them, kicked out of flats and on drugs and no money etc, if my life hadn't gone like this i would be like that now, instead i couldn't be hapiier
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
seeeven though im having trouble i know ill be alot better off in the end than the rest of them!!xx
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:09 am 
Post subject:
yer i had louise at 18 and married at 19.

once i had louise all my friends were round to see the new baby but they have only seen her twice since then and thats only coz ive invited them round they wud never come and ask to see her.

our lies are sooo different really cant see any of them ever having a family lol.

xBradenandDitax
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:40 am 
Post subject:
i found its not just the baby thing that makes me realise how little in common i have with some of my friends. . it was moving into our own house that made it clear.
Me and oh dont go out drinking much anyway as the town we live in has nothing but chav clubs and we'd rather avoid them but all the time i get messages asking when im coming out next, if we are going to have a big party and so on...
They dont understand that we've only just got settled in, we dont have much money spare at the moment and why the hell would we have a party, let people make a mess of our new house which we have just got nice ready for the family..
I had one friend, who i've known since i've being very small, he told everybody he was godfather, even though i had never discussed this with him, except in silly talk when we was at school n close. Well since i moved in he hasnt been round once, just makes excuses..i have no intention of wanting him around and he deff wont be godfather as he is so selfish and living in his own world.
To be fair, i don't miss that many of my friends....i used to spend a lot of time in a city about 45 minutes away because i worked there one night a week and had friends there, havent seen any of them since i been pregnant cos the only thing i had in common with them when getting really drunk in the same clubs.
Life is loads different, and ive realised that i dont have a huge amount of proper friends, but i dont need a lot n im happy with how things are
x
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:00 am 
Post subject:
yp they dnt understand that wen u have ur own house u dont have that much spare cash

xxKatxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:20 am 
Post subject:
Are we all just strangely grown up for our young years?!
I'm lucky that I've got one friend who has a 2 year old daughter - knows what i'm going thru and when we go out we don't do anything that costs too much - we go to like pizza hut or sumthin strange like tht. Everyone else around is under the impression that to have a good time you gotta get p*ssed.

one thing that really bugs me though is that everyone is like 'oh congratulations - you'll be a great mom, we'll do this .. that and the other'
and then when you wanna do something they're never there and you know the stuff they said when they first found out u were expecting was a load of sh*t

wish I could make my friends grow up

xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:45 am 
Post subject:
Im so glad ive brought tis topic up. I though i was just being strange. Fair enough Ive changed, and its the same hereNiccsy i dont have alot of money because we've moved into this house which costs a fortune and we dont have the money to go out partying clubbing. We dont want massive pasrties either.. even when we havea few friends over its a mess!!

Ive just tarted noticing it with the non drinkers aswell.. the ones who smoke .. we're so different and everytime they speak im just like shut up!

I have always got on with oldr ppl better,but i have this older friend who is 30 ad married.. but she still lives with her parents.. and just feels as though shes not in the real world yet! She spends every weekend going to blackpool and buying tigger bears and spending loads of cash, and even she cant understandwhy we cant do that anymre!!xx
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:55 am 
Post subject:
hi there, dont want to seem cynical but i think its definitely just life and growing up and moving on, i still have friends who i see occasionally but for me the only people who u can really rely on are ur family and they are the ones that are there all the time, anytime, it would be nice if i had stayed friends with all my friends but people change and we are all moving in different directions now, its sad that we have sort of drifted apart but i will have my own family soon to keep me occupied, but yea, sometimes it can feel a bit lonely or that im missing out on things.

xxKatxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:01 am 
Post subject:
I think its the loneliness thats the worst part - everyone around you seems to be flying past doing their own thing (even if that does involve gettin drunk and being a general layabout at times) and I feel like i'm in a bit of a stand still cos I can't go back to college, I can't get another job... the list goes on but then you just have to stay focused on the fact that we're doin something truly amazing with our lives and the loneliness comes as a part of that.
that sounds depressing (dint mean it to lol)
Very Happy

xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:39 am 
Post subject:
Lol.

Well im glad about the choices ive made. Im happy im having this baby, ill be even hapier when we get a hous sorted.. and ill be soooooooooo god damn happy when i can work again! But i cant wait til my ittle cherub gets here!! Smile x
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular