can't get my little girl off the toilet/potty

ajw
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:29 am 
Post subject: can't get my little girl off the toilet/potty
i am a mother of twin girls aged 2yrs 7 months. i have just started potty training and have no problem with them both going to tilet on the potty or toilet. my problem is that one of my girls won't get off the toilet - every time she gets off she says she needs anaother wee. at nights we are having a real battle to get a nappy on her and get her off the toilet - she is throwing mega tantrums which is upsetting her sister then i have two of them screaming. can anyone help me with this problem? Confused
xxxxlollypopxxxx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:26 pm 
Post subject:
kids don't like getting it wrong. maybe she is scared she will wet by accident (after all, thats what she's been doignsince she was born) and then not be in trouble exactly, but that she will be upset because she got it wrong. could you try explaining to her that its hard to be dry at night and if she can't manage it yet then thats ok, she'll get it eventually? or could it be that she has gotten the message that nappies are for babies and she doesn't want to be a baby, so by staying on the toilet she is delaying having one put on?
hope this helps xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular