almost 'out of body' crying before sleep

atongchan
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:46 am 
Post subject: almost 'out of body' crying before sleep
hi,
our son is 3 1/2 months old. we're finally beginning to try to adjust his schedules (really just grab control of sleeping & feeding), but are still quite befuddled at how to deal with him at night. He begins to become a bit agitated around 6:30 or so, but with various feedings & walking him around the flat, etc., putting him down for him to immediately start crying, he seems generally unable to fall into a solid sleep until about 8:30, then sleeps until well past midnight.

We're trying to eliminate this 2-hour period. He doesn't cry throughout by any means, it's almost like he takes a nap in that period, but he's really not his daytime, fun-loving self... So we're looking for some advice, thoughts on what to do - should we try the crying-to-sleep technique? are we putting him to sleep too late? any suggestions would be great!

thanks.
frustratedmommy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:16 am 
Post subject: I relate
My son is 3 1/2 months old and he had the same episodes in the evening until about one week ago. Everyone kept telling me it was colic and he would grow out of it. Mother's intuition told me it was more. I finally figured out that he was allergic to both milk-based formula and soy, and switched him to a hypoallergenic formula (Nutramigen). I also discovered that he has reflux and he is now on zantac. Maybe it was all the changes or maybe he did just grow out of it, but once the changes were made, the fussy time at night stopped. Good luck...I know it's hard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular