May 2009 mummies and little one!

1lbkb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:47 pm 
Post subject: May 2009 mummies and little one!
May 2009 Mummies please update here!

Well most of our cherubs have hit or are just about to hit the 6 month mark, so thought I would be the first one to Christen a new post for their next stage, I hope more of you may 2009 mums will be able to get on a bit more soon and keep us all updated on each others babies - and yourself of course.

Elleah doing great - I am a bit naughty and have given into her a lot more than my first, she even eats toast crusts, some slightly lump food, carrot wotsit type crisps and soft food off my dinner plate - well she is such a madam - she actually has learnt that by doing a screech that is unbelievably ear piercing that she will get my instant attention and to stop her - food from my plate will touch her lips lol - that is naughty, my poor Kyle was not allowed any goodies till he was well over a year old!

She doesn't sleep through the night - not one single blinking night the monkey!

She has 2 teeth and she can sit up, apart from that nothing has happened recently, just waiting on the next teeth to make an appearance, crawling etc

Welcome to the 1/2 a year old post already!!!!!!!
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:28 pm 
Post subject:
wow cant believe we r here already
sounds like elleah is doing fab!!

evan doin great aswell and has his 2 bottom middle teeth aswell so cute seems he is growing up way to quick
he gets about the floor so fast now aswell he jst rolls and drags himself all over the place i dont think it will be to long before he is crawling
the only thing at the moment he isnt doin is sitting up unaided he will sit up no prob if he is leaning against sumit but he will only sit unaided for about 30 seconds before he throws himself back he was doin it a few wks ago for over a minute but now there is jst no chance lol he jst wants to be lying down rolling about and seeing what he can get his hands on
also he still doesnt sleep we r lucky if he sleeps for 3hrs at a time during the night getting him down is a nightmare to he doesnt cry or anything unless we leave him but he can sometimes still be up at half 10 still wide awake with no interest of goin to sleep or if he does go down he is up an hour later wide awake like its morning its unreal we tried controlled crying but we couldnt do it he got to upset!! he wakes up still about 3 or 4 times a night but ive no idea what is goin on with him cos he is screaming but he isnt awake as soon as he wakes up and opens his eyes he is full of smiles so im not sure whats causing him to be screaming and waking but i cant see it changing anytime soon maybe wen he is 6 ill get a full nights sleep lol!! mind u he is brilliant during the day doesnt cry he is jst so happy so cant complain
his eating is goin good i got him some hipp biscuits which he loves and been making him some diff meals but gettin him to eat different savoury things is a bit of a challenge he doesnt like change lol made him some broc, cauliflower n cheese sauce but so far he wont take it jst keeps boaking!! gonna make him some chicken this week see if he likes that, ive tried to make his food lumpy this week aswell but it didnt work out that way oooops ended up jst being as pureed as normal
my oh gave him a wotsit today but he didnt like that either lol
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:46 pm 
Post subject:
Totally get the screaming but not awake thing Michelle - then awake and happy, only way to stop her is to fully wake her up from whatever seems to be bothering her- most likely a dream I expect, last night it happened 5 times from 12pm until 2am gave in eventually and cuddled her up next to me cos I had tried so many times to settle her.

No wonder Evan doesn't want to sit up - how boring is that if he can get around the floor then let him, Elleah has no interest in even considering rolling over - lazy minx! But I don't really remember Kyle doing it either, and he never crawled till he was 9 months so not very quick.

I still have her on 2 meals a day I know she should prob have 3 but seriously I don't seem to be able to fit it in cos she goes to sleep around 1ish for for sometime 2 hours and it just seems like I am trying to cram food into a small space of time before her next meal, my mum told me to cut out perhaps 2 bottles that way she will want the food in the afternoon, but I feel so settled in my little morning routine seems a shame to change things but thats just me being selfish, think its cos I have to race out the door to get Kyle and stuff, it just seems busy you know!

If you are considering giving him lumpy food, just use a potato masher instead of a blender that way it still has a few small lumps.

Elleah isn't keen on savoury either, tend to give her for exmaple - potato with apple, or brocoli carrots and pear. She loved the homemade pear and plum juice I done her, she definately has a sweet tooth wich would make sense as I ate constant sweet stuff when I was carrying her.

Started her on the follow on milk today too so lets see how go, have you got Evan on bottles yet hun? How is it going? Shame we live so far away I would have loved to have met up with you and Evan feel like I kind of know you probably because it only seems to be us mostly that keep updating , I hope more do soon.

Anyway take care xxx

Ps ignore all mistakes can't be bothered to check them!

Last edited by 1lbkb on Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:45 pm 
Post subject:
lol i know what u mean bout feeling like ur stuffing them i put evan upto 3meals although i dont think he was really needing it but i got an annabel carmel book and was tryin to follow her meal plans but he jst doesnt seem interested in milk
i wasnt sure bout follow on milk i had been given evan sma gold at bedtime but now im weaning him off the breast so i only feed him myself now through the night/early morning and i try to give him 3 bottles a day but he only really interested in the bedtime one
do u think i shud move to follow on milk or keep him on the sma gold?? most things ive read on here say there is no need for follow on milk but im thinkin mayb i shud cos he was never really on formula and i think it has more iron in it does it?? i meant to ask hv today but forgot!!
got evan weighed today he is 18lb 8oz and his length is 72cm which she told me was the length of an average 10 and half month old lol he looks so much older than 6 month ppl dont believe me wen i say he is 6 month!!
i asked hv about his sleepin and the screamin before he opens his eyes she said that puzzled her but as for the gettin up 4 n 5 times they dont expect babies to sleep all night til they r 12months so she said not to do anything about it and if i wanted i cud try controlled cryin again wen he was 8 month she said her son was the same and didnt sleep a full nights sleep til he went to school and my mum said i was the same so looks like im in for alot of sleepless nights!!
i know what u mean bout meeting up to it wud be great if we lived closer cos there is only a few days between evan and elleah aswell and they sound so alike lol
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
hello all!!

cant beleive we are here already Sad !

sounds like all babies are doing well with weaning etc! paige is doing well she has 3 teeth and 1 more that has just cut through! she is crawling about the floor and is a proper little madam!! she so funny!

she has developed eczma all over her skin so taking her to the docs next week as it looks horrid and its starting to itch as she is scratching a bit Rolling Eyes

cant beleive you are still up in the night lian poor you! paige is going through most of the time you must be right fed up!!

im really glad all other bubbas are doing well and am going to come on and update more and keep up with everyone!

lots of love xxx

[img]
honeybunnya
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all

Just quick update whilst Daddy is feeding Ben.

Sounds like everyone is doing really well - I can't believe we are all in the 6 months category now - I think Gillian was the last wasn't she and its William's 6 month today.

Ben is no 17 lb 12 and 66 1/2 cm long.

He hasn't got any teeth and still isn't rolling but sits up unaided most of the time now - if I lie him down he just raises his head as he wants to sit but shows no signs of rolling over (has done it about 3 times and thats all!).

Have started trying to feed him at lunchtimes but he's still more interested in milk than anything. Sweet potato made him gag - not nice! Carrot was ok and i've just bought some other veggies to try and do those and some apples and pears. He loves the cow and gate fruit pots but i don't want him to get too hooked on the sweet stuff so still trying the other stuff first.

I wish we were all nearer as well, I'm in Burnley but don't think anybody is near me - my mom and Dad live in Birmingham and sister in law is in Rugby so we visit those places too if anybody is near there?

When is everyone due back at work? I'm lucky and not due back til 13 April - have to say I'm not looking forward to i!

Hope to catch up again soon

Ann
xxx
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:24 pm 
Post subject:
im up in scotland

im due back at work 17th feb scary how quick its comin although to be honest im not keen on goin back i hate the manager she shud have retired yrs ago i have had no contact from her really since ive been off ive took evan in and they have all seen him and i have friends there so ive been in quite a few times but ive never had any word from her bout updates in the work (infact she has even took me off the email lists so i cant get any updates of what is going) she has never contacted me about goin back or about goin in on recap days they have even booked the christmas night out and not invited me so i really dont see the point in goin back but i have to cos of my maty pay so think im only gonna go back part time and start lookin for another job as soon as i get back i only have to be back so many wks to cover my maty pay so as soon as thats up ill be moving on!!! my oh has gave up his job so he is goin to ben lookin after evan wen i go back
unless he gets another job b4 then but i dont think he will

evan has really dry skin on his legs jst now its drivin me mad he had a rash and its left his skin feeling like sandpaper ive been puttin oil in his bath rubbing olive oil on his legs using moisturisers on his legs several times a day but it dont seem to be improving anyone any ideas?
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Michelle - just a quickie about Evan's legs - Ben had really bad skin on his face when he was born and we were given E45 but it was a bit thick and didn't really do the trick. They HV prescribed it for me. I told her it wasn't working and she prescribed an emolient (sp?) cream which seems to keep him more moisturised so might be worth asking HV or docs if they can prescribe some for you.
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:04 pm 
Post subject:
yeah ive got an emollient but its not working have got some emulsifying cream upstair that i was given wen i was preg for dry skin so i might try that!!
thanks
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hello folks! Just a quicky on William's half birthday now he is tucked up in bed for the night. (crosses her fingers Very Happy )

When I go back to work (after Christmas) I will have more chance to get on here. I miss it but there are just not enough hours in the day.

William is doing really well. His bottom front teeth appeared a couple of days ago and it looks like the next lot are not far behind given how much he is suffering with them. Dosed up on teething powders and Bonjela and keep going seems to be his way though.

He also loves his food and I have yet to find anything he won't eat. He is also still putting about 40oz milk a day away and is a little horror as soon as he sees a bottle. I hide them until it is time for him to have it.

He is sitting up well and can just about manage sitting up without hanging on to his own legs or the floor. He isn't into rolling, can do it but rarely bothers.

I have to say the older he gets the more I like him. He has a proper personality now and knows what he wants.

Big hugs to everyone.

"be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter" Dr Seuss
izzysmummy
Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:41 am 
Post subject:
Hi all, can't believe how time is moving on so quickly!

Izzy has no teeth yet but is almost sitting up on her own, she still hates tummy time so won't try crawling or rolling yet.

I have started her on solids and she prefers sweet things like pureed fruit but is not so keen on anything savoury.

She is sleeping OK but wakes really early.

I have got to go back to work in April, have to go back full-time as my boss rejected my part-time request, which means spending a fortune on nursery fees.
Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hi All

Lovely to hear that you and your LO's are all well. Michelle - Evan's video on Facebook of his crawling is amazing - what a strong boy he must be!

Emily has been sitting up unaided for weeks now, I don't think she was much past 5 months old but hasn't gone anywhere near crawling. That said she was looking at something she wanted earlier today and I could see she was thinking about how to get there so maybe it won't be long. She goes flying across the room on her back by putting her feet by her bottom and pushing back. It's very funny and sometimes gives herself carpet burn on the head when she does it!

She has such a cute character, really makes us laugh and makes the most hilarious noises. Doesn't mind who she is left with and for how long - doesn't even bother when we get back, just carries on with whatever she was doing!

Weaning is going very well, she loves her food! Gave her fish for the first time yesterday and that all went down so am going to cook chicken tomorrow for the first time. I'm using the Annabel Karmel book and planning on doing the chicken with apricots recipe in there. The fish was the fish with veg and cheese sauce in her book and I could have eaten it it smelt so good and I don't like fish!

Thought she was teething as we had all the symptoms, rosy cheeks, dribbling for England, back to waking in the night (which she hadn't done since she was 11 weeks old) and only calming her with Calpol however this week all the symptoms have stopped and there are no teeth - I can see them under the gum though but she is as happy as Larry again.

She is amazing on activity toys - can turn dials, work out to press buttons for things to pop up and then she puts the lid back down again - amazes me everytime.

Anyway must go - keep posting as love to hear how all your babies are getting on.

Our beautiful Emily

MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:37 pm 
Post subject:
im following the annabel carmel book aswell i made the potato leeks carrot and peas recipe yest and omg it was so good!! i also tried the brocolli, cauliflower n cheese sauce but evan wasnt keen on it
im gonna go for chicken this week aswell
some of the recipes in there do look good tho eh
the blueberry and pear is good to i made that into a pie lol!!!

so amazing what all our babies can do now eh its mad how quick they r all growing up evan is still showing no interest in sittin up but i guess its cos sittin up he cant get anywhere
Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hi All

Haven't been on here for ever, lovely to see you are all well and your lovely babies are doing so wonderfully. I am loving my time with Rudy who is hilarious and adorable!! He is rolling when he can be bothered but still hates being on his tum so I think will be a while before he crawls. Sitting quite well now but still prefers tolay on his back and eat his feet. Not had a whole night without waking yet and I'm thinking about a bit of controlled crying- what do you think?

Eting is cool, he loves lentils (strange child) and carrots, butternut squash and apples and pears. Gave him some pureed mango today and he wolfed it down!

Love to you all

Sharon
x

1lbkb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:55 pm 
Post subject:
Sharon, I started controlled crying through the night 2 nights ago, I don't need to do it putting her to bed cos she always goes down ok, but she wakes so much in the night I deceded enough was enoguh.

So now when she wakes I leave her crying for 5 mins, then go and give her the dummy and tuck her in, then I go back to bed and wait 10 minutes, then 15 minutes, by the 15 minutes she realises I am not picking her up and I give her the dummy she goes straight to sleep.

Last night I did this 6-8 times at different times of the night, and it is stressful and upsetting listening to her getting upset, but also tiring staying awake for each set of minutes, I thought if I left her crying everyone would wake up but nobody does, think they have all learnt to switch off cos they don't have to get up to her.

I am just hoping that if I persevere enough with this that within a couple of weeks I might - might get my first whole nights sleep.

She is very settled in the day so just the night-time to change, she used to be very unsettled both day and night, so thankfully she is happy now most of the time.
Page 1 of 9

Jump to:  

Community

Popular