CMV

EmmAJanExx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:36 am 
Post subject: CMV
my son was born with this virus which can be devesating and seriously damage a unborn baby and can be fatal..
just wondering if you ladies have heard of this .. its supposed to be rara but the more time goes by .. so many parents have got in contact saying there child has congenital cmv .. and it really is upseting virus to have.. but it can be prevented which makes it ten time worse that no government will help Sad here is a link for info

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1108.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=137

my big baby belly Smile
I LOVE MY BABIES
amyxpearce
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Emma I have heard of CMV just because I'm a childrens nurse. I can't believe how common it is but now no-one seems to know about it. I came into contact with a child who we think was still infected with CMV, i passed an NG tube on him before I was told he was a carrier but Consultant said he thinks chances are very minimal that I would have caught anything so hopefully everything will be ok. I used to be a nursery nurse so I also hope I've had the virus before. But what will be will be. Hows your little one doing? x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:16 pm 
Post subject:
hi there .. my son is now 3 and a half ..and although they said he would be blind deaf and severly handicapped Crying or Very sad he isnt xx its a miricale and the docs are astonished that he has cme out of this unscathed as he was so poorly when born xxx i too work with children x

my big baby belly Smile
I LOVE MY BABIES
amyxpearce
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:22 pm 
Post subject:
Miracles do happen! Surprised) x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:24 am 
Post subject:
my sisters youngest got this passed to her. im not entirely sure how it works but it has cause a lot of problems for her. along with other problems she already had to start with

she is very very slow mentally and rather difficult to communicate with as she has no understanding of anything, she has very little cognitive ability. she also wears glasses cause she cant see whats right in front of her face! her hearing is still being questioned.

when she was born she had a funny shaped head. last year her brain started slipping down towards back of her neck and she needed surgery to fix this and her whole front of her skull re shaped and plated. she still has a funny shaped head but her brain is now growing where its supposed too.

she is now 3 and has only just started walking and still have very very limited speech

glad ur wee fella seems unscathed Very Happy x
EmmAJanExx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
the problem with cmv is that it is progressive so always a worry.. Sad .. but i was ussured anything serious would of presented by now.. jamie is just about to have his eyes checked again and has regular hearing!! the head u mention which is common with cmv babies is microcephalie.. (sp) ( small head ) xxx

it is a horrid and terricble devasting virus and it amazes me that health and government over hear try to hush it !! it affects more babies than downs or cp !!

my big baby belly Smile
I LOVE MY BABIES
Urgh82
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:30 pm 
Post subject:
if its not presented its self yet in any shpe or form could they have mis diagnosed?? excuse my ignorance if thats not possible. xx
EmmAJanExx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:32 pm 
Post subject:
nah he was defo cmv postive !! he had all of the sypmtoms and was illwhen born with it .. he had a lumber punture to confirm aswell... his body was obviously very good at killing the virus b4 to much damage was done! he had 2 brain bleeds enlarged liver and spleen and nxt to none platelets which caused the blleds and a rash called patechie which is blood blister all over his body.. due to low platelets xxx

my big baby belly Smile
I LOVE MY BABIES
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
hey emma i didnt no this virud existed and cant believe it affects more babies than downs or cp. glad ur little boy is ok:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Special Needs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular