Maternity clothes

Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:13 pm 
Post subject: Maternity clothes
Hi, I am 15 weeks pregnant with my first and at that awkward stage of not fitting my ordinary clothes but being too small for a lot of maternity wear. I am also finding it difficult finding any reasonably priced maternity wear on the high street. Anyone any tips? I really need a pair of smart black trousers for work but can't find any that cost less than about 30, which I think is rather steep for something I am only going to wear for a few months!

Please help!!!!

LD
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:09 pm 
Post subject:
i know this might sound daft but i would look in your local charity shops there was one shop local to me that always had maternity wear for around 5 and as they had only been worn a few times they were almost brand new there was some brand new stuff aswell.

also check out your local paper and car boots if u can ebay aswell and see if there is any freecycle by u its a website where u recycle things to others for free in your local area u have to give something of yours first then u can make bids on other ppls things.
MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:59 am 
Post subject:
EBay has been a life saver to me!!!!!!
natty54
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:29 pm 
Post subject:
Try New Look- they always seem to have some in the sale and cheap to begin with,
Peacocks- small range but great price
And once you know your size in various brands ebay is great!
hope this helps!
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
I am really tall but quite curvy(!) and have been finding it a nightmare to get trousers to fit but I came across a wee treasure on amazon which is a belly band kit you can fit to your existing trousers to give you extra room. I think it's an australian invention and you get a couple of different sizes to accomodate your bump and a few colours in the kit to match your clothes. The idea is that if you have a fave pair of jeans or trousers or don't want to spend a lot, you can still wear them through most of your pregnancy. They also do the tubi like supports you can wear under your clothes if you're wanting the extra support for your growing bump by doing it this way. I got my set for 15 including p+p.
Don't know if this will help at all but good luck in your quest!
Claire xxx
Bex109
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:09 pm 
Post subject:
Try Next..I got some nice, smart black trousers which will accomodate my bump as it gets bigger for 18
saraross
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:55 pm 
Post subject: New Look
Try New Look... they have agreat maternity range that is not expensive, I am 20 weeks pregnant now and i bought a pair of smart balck trousers for work and i wear them all the time... they are sooo comfortable!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular