May mummies and babies 2010!! Birth club =)

BecksAndAlatheia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
hi ladies, how is everyone!?
good news, Alatheia finally latched on yesterday morning, day 8, with no fuss and now doesn't like her bottle anymore! i'm so pleased that i have persevered! i have to use a nipple shield - she only likes the expensive ones, 18 spent so far on them alone! - but it's so wonderful to succeed!! i was starting to think that i would have to express for the next 6 months plus! i'm really proud of her as she did seem to change over night! and the difference is that she is so much more settled! last night she woke meat 12, 3, 6, 8! not bad as it only took 30 mins max each time! i felt so much better this morning!!
we took her to a photography session this afternoon! she looked so adorable! cant' wait to see the photo's! think we are going to buy a dvd with all of them on as we wont want to miss out on any of them!
how is everyone getting along? how are your babies settling? anyone else struggling to ut there babies down as they just want to cuddle them all the time? Very Happy xox
Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:37 pm 
Post subject:
Heya Mummy Becks Very Happy so glad you've got there!!! Breastfeeding an be bloody hard but perseverence will get you there in the end. We post at the same time unfortunately but yes Joseph is very demanding, almost constantly feeding and wants me personally to hold him all the time = NIGHTMARE! I already have India and have had to top him up with formula just to get abit more time and settle him... i have chosen hipp organic though as most of our food is organic and i would like to give him the best i can, unfortunately though i have to top him up every now and again as i have India to care for too... xxxx

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:10 am 
Post subject:
I've updated the list with all the May mummies so far Very Happy Very Happy xxxx

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:50 am 
Post subject:
Got a link up to my facebook album in baby pics with pics of Joseph from the past 3 weeks Very Happy xxxx

mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:10 pm 
Post subject:
hey! can i be a may mummy too? i was meant to be a june mummy but elijah thomas blake came yesterday (28th may) at 3.34pm weighing 7lb 5oz, after a very very fast delivery Very Happy

RorosMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:57 pm 
Post subject:
I've only just found this thread! Hello!!! xxx
Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
hey every1.
have all the may mummies had there babies or are there still some more to be born?

i have put some pictures of ruby on the baby pictures 1.

hope everyone is well
is any1 bottle feeding there babies? if they are how much on average is your baby having and how often?
i did try breast feeding but she was just wanting to feed every half hour and it was really stressing her out and then it got me upset because she just wouldnt settle so bottle made it much easier and she such a content baby now. i only lasted 2 days breast feeding

hope everyone is well and hope your babies are aswell
XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies, welcome Mariblake and yes i'll add you to the list this evening when i get on the computer Very Happy Congratulations Very Happy I need to get on to add a couple of others Very Happy Hi Kirsty! Katie i'm breastfeeding but when he has formula which i give him to top him up occasionally and if i'm drinking as with two i don't have time to express, he'll have 4oz/4hrs in the day and nearly double that of an evening Confused Lol... He hasn't been weighed for nearly two weeks though but taking him to baby clinic this week Very Happy last time was when he was 11 days old and he'd gone from 8lb 11oz birth weight to 10lb 5oz!!!xxxxx

mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:05 pm 
Post subject:
thanks! i am struggling a bit with breastfeeding too, more that he seems to be really hungry already and wanting to feed every hour - he was stopping and starting at first, i dont know how long he would have done that for as i would wait for maybe 30 mins and take him off, as it was really hurting, but now he is eating less but more frequently.

i am just so knackered already and sore im questioning wether its right to persevere or to go onto forumla and share the load a bit - hubby also feels really left out and useless which is really sad for us both. lansinoh nipple cream is amazing and has helped so much but i wish i could use formula/express and bf but i feel if i started using a bottle i would end up saying a definitive goodbye to bf. hmm i know this probably isnt making much sense but i am just trying to figure it out in my mind Laughing

MrsMB
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies, sorry I've not been on sooner! I've been having a few problems breastfeeding too! I had to really persevere to get him started in the hospital but he started feeding really well. I've since been really ill with an infection and severe anaemia but still persevered with it but Stephen has stopped putting on weight and the mw is coming to weigh him every other day which is making me feel awful! I've also been observed feeding him sooooo many times and am feeling really stressed. I've tried topping him up with formula but he was really unsettled and still didn't put any weight on so I think I'm going to have to start formula feeding. I'm feeling a bit rubbish today and like I've failed Sad I think it's because I've been talking to breastfeeding counsellors who won't hear of me giving up! Sorry to be miserable but glad to get it off my chest with you ladies because I know you'll understand! xxxxxxxxxx

BecksAndAlatheia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:16 am 
Post subject:
mariblake wrote:

i am just so knackered already and sore im questioning wether its right to persevere or to go onto forumla and share the load a bit - hubby also feels really left out and useless which is really sad for us both. lansinoh nipple cream is amazing and has helped so much but i wish i could use formula/express and bf but i feel if i started using a bottle i would end up saying a definitive goodbye to bf. hmm i know this probably isnt making much sense but i am just trying to figure it out in my mind Laughing

i had to start bf by expressing and bottle feeding as Alatheia wouldn't latch on, day 8 she suddenly decided that she did want to feed from the breast and has been doing really well! every baby is different and you just have to go with you gut instinct, noone knows them better than you. i had lots of mw's pushing me to keep trying her on breast but she was getting really upset! so they told me to keep cup feeding but it was so hard it would take both of us so we switched to bottle feeding her my milk. she will take the bottle really well if i express but it doesnt affect her breastfeeding! do what you feel is right for your family xox

Last edited by BecksAndAlatheia on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
BecksAndAlatheia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:18 am 
Post subject:
MrsMB wrote:
Hey ladies, sorry I've not been on sooner! I've been having a few problems breastfeeding too! I had to really persevere to get him started in the hospital but he started feeding really well. I've since been really ill with an infection and severe anaemia but still persevered with it but Stephen has stopped putting on weight and the mw is coming to weigh him every other day which is making me feel awful! I've also been observed feeding him sooooo many times and am feeling really stressed. I've tried topping him up with formula but he was really unsettled and still didn't put any weight on so I think I'm going to have to start formula feeding. I'm feeling a bit rubbish today and like I've failed Sad I think it's because I've been talking to breastfeeding counsellors who won't hear of me giving up! Sorry to be miserable but glad to get it off my chest with you ladies because I know you'll understand! xxxxxxxxxx

ah mrsmb sorry your feeling so stressed! have you tried exp
ressing milk to feed him so you can see how much he's getting? xox
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:36 am 
Post subject:
morning ladies! we're still missing a few mummies! hope they come and join us soon!

i've been spending the last half hour trying to get through to the hospital and it's getting me stressed! plus Alatheia has decided to feed every halh hour this morning!!! and its andy's first day back to work so im all alone! Sad spent sunday afternoon back up the hospital as i was bleeding heavy suddenly. was examined by a doctor and they think i might still have some placenta inside Sad been given anti biotics and trying to make an appointment for a scan to check. eally hope it's not the case as i think they do a d&c to clear out Shocked
taking Alatheia to be weighed on thursday! shs had a couple of periods where she wnt stop eating! hopefully shes having a growth spurt!
xox
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:57 am 
Post subject:
Mari, I found the first week hellish. It hurt so much and she would feed for 40 minutes every 1-2 hours so I got to the point I was crying and dreading the next feed but my mum told me to stick with it and that she had cried for a month with each of us but then it just clicked. On day 10 I fell asleep feeding, I realised when I woke up it didn't hurt. It's now really enjoyable, I'm 5 weeks on and the feeding regime is intense but I feel so proud of myself and I love that I can do something for her that no one else can Laughing
I smack a load of lansinoh on breast pads in the morning and leave my boobs bare over night and I haven't cracked or got sore at all since the second week.

Becks- I really hope your body can fix itself and you're spared the D&C and that Alatheia is a good weight.

Natasha- Love your piccies on FB....who else is on there? I'm Kirsty TL.

MrsMB- Its the first week of colostrum and milk thats important health wise and you got that in so in no way did you fail better to feed formula than stressed mummy milk- my hv says if I stress my milk will be crappy so I'm trying not to worry about anything and letting Rowen have water from a bottle if she's screamng for milk 20min after coming off the breast xxx
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone i had Lewis on 27th 6lb13oz he is so gorgeous n his big sister adores him!!! So far he's a very content baby and now started to be more alert. I'm bottle feeding he has 2 oz every three hours. I'm finding everything so much easier this time round and feeling great in myself ready for getting out and about. Hope everyone is ok. I can't give any advice with regards to breastfeeding as i have never done it all i can say Mrs MB is do whatever you want to do and plz don't feel down about it, it must be so hard to keep going with it but your doing so well you should be really proud of yourself!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2010 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to:  

Community

Popular