May mummies and babies 2010!! Birth club =)

dflewis
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everybody, dont get on as much as id like too asi m sure ur all in the same position.
Rudi is breast, bottle and expressing but mostly bottle. He is a dream in the day but at night oh my gosh, he just wont settle after a feed. He is up every 1.5-2 hours and only takes 2oz at a time. He has put on weight though and the midwife says he seems/looks a happy baby. It is bloody hard work and i praise these single mums because im struggleing with my oh helping Confused
A quick question, may be daft but can we put sun cream on babys? He obviously wont be exposed to it directly but when we go out in the pram and stuff he quints his eyes even with the parasol.

x
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:40 pm 
Post subject:
danielle i was thinking the same today when i took Alatheia out! but don't know the answer!!
i am so exhausted as i am sure you all are too!! Alatheia is feeding every 1 to 4 hrs at night but then wont go back in her moses basket!! last night was the worst so far and i usually give in and cuddle her in bed but i'd rather not! (oh she's starting to wake now, no shes alseep! lol)
went back to hospital for a scan today, i have smething in my uterus measuring 2cm which they think is probably part of the placenta but as it's low down and i am still feeling my uterus contract on occassions they have decided to wait and see what happens. i'm on antibiotics which i'm rubbish at remembering to take but will try to remember to take them all! finally i can sit more comfortably so my stitches must be healing Very Happy i've been wearing thin maternity pads the past few days and i think that makes a big difference!
i hate that Andy is back at work but i am enjoying getting back to everyday life. admittedly the housework is suffering but i've plenty of time to catch back up on that when we're more settled!
taking Alatheia to be weighed tomorrow! really hope she's put weight on Very Happy
how's everyone feeling about their bodies? i've not weighed myself since i first came home but thanks to being so sick through the pregnancy i fit in more my pre pregnancy clothes that i've not packed away!
well hubby is snoring one side of me and baby the other - going to try and get half hours sleep before she wakes me for a feed! hope we all get a good nights sleep xox
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:27 am 
Post subject:
Finally!!! Nearly 6 weeks and we cracked a good night. She slept in her cradle and left 3 hour gaps between feeds and had only wet nappies until 7am which I've decided will be our start of the day. She's done really well the last 2 days with big gaps although my boobies really don't like waiting more than a couple of hours and as she alternates sides they've gone 6 hours Shocked They spray everywhere when I undo my bra hehehe

Becks- I've lost 1 1/2 stone (did that in the first two weeks and then it plateaued) I'm way bigger than before but actually like it. Today I'm binning my old stuff/giving it away as I don't think I want to be a size 6 again. I'm a 10/12 now I think, only been in New Look so far so don't know if they come up big or small or are similar to lots of shops. I'm really liking what I see in the mirror, so healthy and I look like a woman!! I really love Jane Norman and Karen Millen clothes but not sure if they'll suit me now I'm bigger, I'm mostly in maxi dress at the moment.

dflewis- I'm sure you can use suncream on babies, my mum used banana boat for us lot. and Rudi's tummy is only ickle I'm sure the gaps will improve soon.

Alyss- Congratulations!! How are you finding having two children!? Are you feeling good yet?
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:32 am 
Post subject:
Hey ladies, natasha, thanks for putting me up on the thread Very Happy just wanted to say hi, i'm still here, just got my hands full, you know how it is, not easy typing with 1 hand either!!! hope you are all well, little Eleri is thriving after I put her on the bottle, was gutted I had to stop bf but my milk didnt come in until day 5 and she was so big she literally sucked me dry and fed off me CONSTANTLY for 3 days, i even had to sleep with her on my breast Shocked Sad

Will pop on when i can, love to you all xxxx

MrsMB
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:29 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, thanks for the nice things you all said. I'm feeling loads better now I've got the horrible midwife off my back! I'm doing a combination of breast and bottle feeding and feeling a lot better about the whole thing! The midwife was ringing me 4 times a day to find out how feeding was going and once I told her he had brought some of his formula up and she told me I might need to take him to hospital because he's not keeping food down Shocked He brought some formula up once stupid woman, she made me cry every time she rang or came round and I thought she was going to give me a breakdown! Thankfully she's discharged me now and I'm seeing a nicer mw to get Stephen weighed once a week. She came round yesterday to see how I'm coping emotionally because I've had so many health problems and I felt like saying I'm fine apart from being harassed by that other stupid mw! Evil or Very Mad Sorry I've rambled on there!
I'm dying to get out and about with Stephen but I'm not really mobile yet. After my wound got infected they had to reopen it so it is still open now and I'm being cared for by district nurses at home every day. I want to take him for walks in his pram but I can't Sad
It's lovely seeing everyone on here now they've had their little ones! Ren I know what you mean about typing with one hand Laughing
hope you're all well xxxxxxxxx

Amandaplus2
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all. Hope you are all well. I am recovering very well from my c section, feel almost back to normal. Lewis is doing well an putting on loads of weight. I am still bf although its tiring at times. Ren i was like you my milk didnt come in till day 5 it was awful during that time. Lewis isnt sleeping that well at night he ends up in my bed most mornings at 3am as he gets a stuffy nose an cant breathe lying down.
Oh went back to wk today so having to cope with baby an a 13 month old. Luckily H is really good.
Hows everyone else getting on on their own? X

BecksAndAlatheia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:17 pm 
Post subject:
ktmay, its so nice to hear your happy eith your new body, at a 10/12 your still a skinny mini! I was a 20 before falling preg Confused but ended up fitting very comfotably into size 18 maternity clothes by end of preg and even wearing my non maternity clothes late on. i weigheed myself this morning and ive lost almost 2 stone and am a stone lighter than before i was preg! think its down to bf. am dehydrated today tho, felt sick thru night and all day Sad so trying to drink plenty of water. shes feeding lots cos its so hot!
mrsmb, poor you with the health probs plus a rotten mw! im sure there are some people who dont mind being hasseled but i know i hated having 4 hands on my boobs squeesing my nipple and trying to force it in to my poor little distressed baby's mouth while i was in hosp! thts why i ignored their advice and came home.
my littlle girl in laying tummy down on my tummy with her arms round my waist, feels like a big cuddle! took her to the baby clinic today and shes now 8lb0.5oz Smile very pleased and i can start using baby carrie Smile nw i need to sleep xox
Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:30 pm 
Post subject:
hi may mummies!

congrats to all of u, great to see you in this group now!
can't believe peter is 4 weeks old today...really dont know where the time has gone!
he was weighed yesterday and is now 8lb 12oz (was 8lb 1oz at birth) so really pleased!
anyone know anything about cold water sterilising?

sunny x

BecksAndAlatheia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:56 pm 
Post subject:
hey sunny i used cold water sterilising in hosp, it inly takes 15-20 mins to steralise depending on tablets/liquid your using. and the water needs changing evry 24hrs. i use a microwave steraliser but sometimes think cold water would be easier as i only use it for expressing or dummies. pleased ur lo has gained weight xox
Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:58 pm 
Post subject:
hey ladies Very Happy hope everyone is well. i cant believe elijah is 1 week already - what a week its been.

we are absolutely worn out, but still bf. still unsure how long i will keep going but it is easier than a few days ago. i expressed a couple of times and eli took two feeds from a bottle (one per night of expressed milk) but the next day he started fussing around instead of latching on...not sure if its coincidence so biding my time til i express again.

i seem to have had it really easy compared to some of you - no stitches or anything to contend with, i have no idea how you mange! also, i cant bear to think what i weigh now with my gross saggy tummy Sad im feeling pretty awful about how my body looks just now but as hubby says, i did have a baby last week Smile

sunny we are using milton Smile

Clairekiss01
Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:12 am 
Post subject:
yay i've found you all!! I've now posted my birth story but read through it and left a couple of bits out which were v.funny which i will add on later.

Nat, the midwife at birth mis-recorded Isabelle's weight... We spent a week thinking she was 7lb 6.5oz but then the midwife who weighed her at home noticed it was wrong! She was actually 7lb 9oz Smile only 4oz lighter than aimee and she was overdue! She is amazing with the most golden ginger hair ?! I'm fair and hubby is dark so was a bit of a shock as to where that gene came from!! She is so dainty and so pretty i love her so much Smile

Bf started off well, she latched on lovely after birth but as my milk came in we had a few technical difficulties... Bf advisor visited us on day 3 when my milk came in and basically said that her mouth is very small and my nipple was massive so that the cracking and bleeding would only be eased by shields but that was as good a latch she'd do until she gets bigger. Needless to say i could not cope, the pain was too much and nat similar to u we had a couple of colicy nights and she had sucked me dry! I expressed for a couple of days and switched to SMA, colic seems to have gone for the minute and i'm much happier. I will post a link to my fb pics, no idea how to post them!

I hope everyone is gettin on ok, hubby is back to work on monday - i'm glad i'm bottle feeding now as it might help me cope with two! Aimee has been good but doesn't want to listen to anything we ask her... I'm sure it's just stubborness as a reaction to Isabelle but generally she's been great.

I didn't have any stitches thank god, i think its only been yesterday that i've felt more human again, but 2sizes bigger with a flabby arse n tum!

Will reply properly to ur posts wen i'm on the pc. Am keeping up reading posts on my mobile, just strugglin to find time to post! Love to all x
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies, just wanted to say i've updated the list so we now have all the May mummies on there Very Happy

Can't believe we're on the otherside now!!! Very Happy

Things aren't going brilliantly for me right now, Joseph is constantly screaming near enough unless i'm feeding him so just lost as to what to do with him.. even the formula doesn't calm him down. I'm the only one that can keep him quiet so i just don;'t get a break... it's really getting me down and it doesn't help that i ran out of anti-depressants and my depression got worse, back on them now but it takes time for them to get back into my system...

I'm going to read through the posts properly while i'm on here and reply to you all, i'm sorry i didn't get on sooner and update the list but things really are awful for me right now xxxxx

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:58 pm 
Post subject:
Welcome May mummies that have joined us Very Happy and congratulations again!

Mariblake we all seem to have had a pretty [*@!#%*] deal with the breastfeeding don't we, i'm really finding it so hard right now!!!

Becks i'm glad you've managed to crack it though, i was fine with India but Joseph is just too demanding... I'm sorry about the placenta Sad I have worried about that a couple of times as i'm still bleeding? Is anybody else still bleeding?

Kim i'm sorry you've had such a hard time Sad Sad I'm glad you're feeling much better now you've switched to formula aswell as breastfeeding... like i said to Ren and to the rest of you ladies, it really doesn't matter, what matters is you are both thriving and HAPPY! Mariblake you too...

I'm seriously contemplating it myself as he's a nightmare Sad

Danielle you can use sun cream, just be careful which one you use Very Happy glad you and Rudi are doing well. Sorry i spelt it wrong in the other thread...

Kirsty i am a 10/12, back to pre-preg weight but need to tone up which when i have time will try to do... i heard you too have a pretty demanding baby, glad the feeds are spacing out for you.

Amanda glad you're doing well, as you know Joseph is very similar to Lewis but i'm glad you found him to settle with the dummy. Another thing i'm contemplating Confused

Glad Peter is weighing in good Very Happy and you're both doing well!

Mari pleas don't feel like that, we've all done a fantastic job, i ave a saggy tummy n stretchmarks but f it Laughing

Claire i'm glad you're happer and both doing well now, that's all that matters Very Happy

Really hope you're all well Smile Glad to see you all popping in Very Happy

What formula are we all on?xxxxx

katie198920
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:08 pm 
Post subject:
i use aptamil formula it seems to be quite good.
i got ruby weight on friday and she 9lb3oz already n she grown soo much i wish they didnt have to grow soo fast i want her to be little forever.
she really good at night she sleeps from 7pm til midnight then wakes up again at 6am so i am actually getting a good nights sleep which is good because im [*@!#%*] when i am tired.
she so alert already i call her name and she looks up at me its soo cute im in total love with her Smile

hope every 1 iswell
mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:20 pm 
Post subject:
hey ladies, hope everyones well. elijah is almost back to his birth weight already, and the past two nights has been basically wanting to feed constantly, by the time he has finished a feed, had a change or a grumble and i have tried to put him back in his moses basket he is screaming for food again. i dont know if it is just tiredness but i cant seem to get rid of this tearyness at all, i feel really overwhelmed and like i am doing a sh*t job Sad poor hubby is taking the burden of it really but i hope it passes as i just wont be able to manage when hubby goes back to work.

im still bleeding but obviously i am a few weeks behind most people Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2010 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to:  

Community

Popular