My daughter is driving me crazy

millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:45 pm 
Post subject: My daughter is driving me crazy
Does anyone else have this problem?Elizabeth just has no sense of looking after things - she is forever losing her stuff and she just shrugs it off. I am constantly telling her off for it, but Richard does it too. I'm so sick of telling her to put things away, and now I've just had to take her to her ballet class in bare feet as she was messing around with her ballet shoes at the weekend and didn't put them back in her bag, and I couldn't find them before her lesson. What can I do to stop this?

gemznboys
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
i have no idea how to stop it but my son is the same, he always loses things especially his glasses, he takes them off and forgets where he put them, the other week he lost them for a few days and i was thinking id have to fork out form more but ended up finding them at the bottom of the garden Rolling Eyes x

jenshayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:40 pm 
Post subject:
The only way to resolve this is to take things away. Tell her if any item is laying about or where it should NOT be..that you or her daddy will bag it up and take it away. She will have to earn the item back if she wants it bad enough. I am guilty of giving to my kids without expectation of anything and wonder why they don't respect anything. When you make someone work for something, it totally changes the dynamics of it...hope that helps hun! xxx

millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:47 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Jen., it does really help. I've already told her that tonight she is not having a cuddle with her guinea pig. I can only think that she sees Richard doing it and thinks it is alright as I am constantly telling her off for it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Five Years plus All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular