May Mummies. Our babies are boddlers!

MarioAndStuntChicken
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:30 pm 
Post subject: May Mummies. Our babies are boddlers!
Not quite babies, not quite toddlers. Read it in a magazine somewhere. Welcome to the big boy and girl side

1lbkb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hey there lol bodlers!!!

So many of us celebrating 1st birthdays today so seems fitting to move over I think!

Will post about party when I am less tired and don't have cake crubs everywhere!

Happy Birthday Elleah, Safiye, Paige, JJ
Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, - just noticed I wrote another essay sorry if it bores you, hope you don't mind hearing how Elleah is getting on.

Elleah's 1st party went well, everyone played happily and there were no scraps left at all thanks to Kyle munching everything in sight lol!

I got her a Fifi ride on, a v tech phone and waybuloo big girl cuttlery, she got lots of clothes from family and some other bits, but I think the best gift was one my friend gave me, she gave her a 20 clarks shoes voucher which is going to be used very soon as I haven't bought her a pair of real shoes yet, but don't think there is much point in getting cruising shoes now, so might hang on until she starts to walk as she has started letting go of what she is holding onto quite a lot now so you never know she might pluck up courage to walk soon.

She was really not at all interested in her presents just the balloons and thats whats she has been playing with today too so I am not impressed lol!

I had her weighed the day before her birthday and she was 23lb 1oz the big chunk - although Kyle was over 24lb so not far off!

I will have ran out of her powdered milk after tonights bottle, but a friend gave me some bottles of ready made follow on milk which they never used so going to use them until they run out and then go onto cows milk, I am not going to bother with the follow on milk I don't think not unless she doesn't take well to drinking cows milk - but Elleah is a ganet so I am sure she won't care.

Shes still sleeping loads better with waking under 5 times a night now and I have had the occasional full night so things are looking good finally!

Talking wise is just amazing she is copying me constantly, she snorts now when I say pig which is amusing, I said hello to a girl called Georgia the other day and as soon as I said her name she tried to say JO JO, it was an attempt at georgia I think cos I have been saying it to her and each time we get jo jo, but there is a daily knew word at the moment so I am well proud, they may not always be perfect but she really tries.

One of the funniest things she has recently started doing is she can sing Row Row for the boat song, but at the end she screams right on cue for the crocodile bit its well cute.

Whats Annalisa been up to any knew things recently cos her and Elleah seem to be at a similar level with words don't they its nice to see how they are both getting on, although I find that I have not sat and talked to her about animals and objects much, she got a first words book for her birthday so I am going to start teaching her from that I think as she seems to be ready for it.

Well you will know I did decide to make her a cake, and it wasn't at all bad in the end I was pretty pleased with myself although it was nowhere nears as spectacular as Caelyns but it made me proud of myself anyway! But she hasn't had apiece yet, I have some relatives coming over soon so when she wakes from her nap I am going to give her a piece bless, can't believe I forgot to give her some on her birthday lol!

xxxxx
Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:54 pm 
Post subject:
aww sounds like elleah had a fab day aswell for her first bday i cant wait til evans now!!
really hoping the weather holds up so we can have bbq tho
his walking is great i take him to the football that my oh runs on a sunday morning and he jst loves it walking round the grass and he tries to run on the pitch its so funny
im feeling rubbish jst now think im coming down with a head cold my head is splittin and im knackered and all stuff hoping that clears for the wkiend to cos i have a really busy weekend ahead we r goin to the scottish cup football on sat and then evans bbq on sun then his actual bday on monday although i think we r jst gonna pretend its his bday on sunday lol the only thing we wont be giving him is his presents from us but family that r coming to the bbq i will let him open the presents from them
im not as brave as u lot and have bought evan a cake from asda lol its really cute its a mickey mouse club house one

on a another subject i dont know what im gonna do i really need to lose some weight and i jst cant do it, i dont believe in diets such as weight watchers and things cos as soon as u eat normal again u put on twice the amount of weight, before i was able to eat whatever i wanted and not put on weight not that i was skinny before ive always been a size 12 i only put on 2 stone wen i was preg and i lost it all as soon as i had evan but during maty leave i put a stone back on and i jst cant shift it
ive stopped eating choc and crisps have only been eating healthy and have been more active (cos before i had evan i went to the gym a couple of times a week and now i jst dont have time to) but i have been walking and doing the wii fit etc but im still puttin on the weight i look bigger ive not actually got any heavier but i look huge and its really bothering me i think id be better off jst eating rubbish anyone any suggestions as to what i can do?
Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:45 pm 
Post subject: Baby Show at the NEC on the Sunday
Hi all

I've got some free tickets to this - I know Annalisa, Gillian and Gina are going but does anybody else want me to get them a ticket?

I need to let the lady who is sorting them know by lunchtime tomorrow so will check on here again before I tell her.

I'll also post in the next section for those that have already left us - Benjamin will be joining you after Sunday - where has that year gone? This time last year I was disappointed that he hadn't arrived on his due date and was wondering what to do with myself LOL.

Will do an update after his birthday and after his jabs as I'll get him weighed then as well.

Don't forget to let me know if you want a ticket.

Ann
xx
Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:44 am 
Post subject:
Hey all

How ya doing? Sounds like Elleah had a great time. The clarks voucher is a brill idea. TBH Caelyn has cruisers but as i let her go barefoot all or in socks all day she hardly wears em. Caelyn also mad on balloons lol. Glad the sleeping is going better and hope the switch to milk is going well. We are now letting C have cows milk 1st thing and if she has an afternoon bottle but she has formula at bed til her enfamil runs out then it will be cows milk only. Have gotten her some vitamin syrup though. She eats well and has a varied diet so i dont think its essential but nice to have a back up to be sure shes getting all she needs. I saw the cake on FB and it looked ace btw. *-Did she enjoy her bit?

Michelle enjoy the BBQ tommorrow and the football today. Re weight loss Ive started weight watchers today. So far have had 2 weetabix and some milk and having some soup for lunch. OH picking me up a WW ready meal for dinner til i can get to go shopping for some decent food to cook with as dont have much in at mo.

As for an update on C she is doing great. Shes cruising really confidently now and standing using just one hand. A few times she has forgotten and let go without realising then realised and fallen over and she can walk holding just one of my fingers. More often than not though she refuses to walk holding me though she will happily do it with her walker. I think shes just a really independent little moo who wants to do it on her own terms so im leaving her to it as i think she just needs to find the confidence in her own mind to do it. Shes actually more mobile than I would prefer to be honest! After i postedabout her climbing the stairs while i was dozing last week shes been into allsorts. She managed to get on top of the sofa the other day to try and get to a balloon - luckily the sofa is against the wall! And shes worked out that if she pushes her shape sorter against her toybox she can climb on the toybox to look out of the window - or headbutt the window! She fell off the other day into a pile of toys but after a kiss she was fine and straight back to doing it again. She nearly did the same again the next day so has clearly not learned lol. Shes covered in bruises the little scuffer.

Not many new words since my last post on her bd, shes got about 10-15 she uses regularly - not always clearly but totally in context but her latest is shes started saying Ta really in context now when shes asking for something or you give her something which is really ace and I have been cheering her for it to encourage her. Shes mad on trees of late and keepings pointing to them and when i showed her a flower yesterday and told her pretty flower she tried to say Dittie. Which i think was pretty. Every bird she sees of late is a duck lol, shes obsessed by them and gets very excited when she sees one. Her understanding seems to have taken a massive leap of late as well. She can now pick out cat, dog, ball and fish from her flashcards if you ask her where they are and in her book if you askl her where the duck is she points at it and says ACKACK. She loves her flash cards and if i tidy them away to let her play with something else she goesa and drags themback out again so im making her some new ones at the moment with other words she knows like flower, tree and mummy and daddy too - ive printed some pics out and am laminating them for her. If you ask her where her feet are she grabs one and holds it up to show you and if you say Caelyn OH NO she claps her hands to the side of her face which is ever so funny. Having so much fun with her at mo.

Think thats it for now so will check in later x

MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:01 pm 
Post subject:
hey everyone

well evans bday went great we had a bbq on sunday which i was a little disappointed because the ppl who i had invited with younger kids cudnt come and then oh's family tried to take over grrr i had invited his mum n her man and his aunty i only actually invited his aunty cos she had took our dog on the sat night for us cos at the end of the day it was meant to be about the kids, his aunty then asked if they cud bring his grandad who is in a wheelchair and only has the use of one side he is in his 80s gets upset there is loads of noise and they always expect oh to carry the wheelchair so i said i didnt think it was a good idea because my house isnt huge there were already loads of ppl invited and if it rained we wud be inside and the kids wud be running round and there wud be noise so that was last of it until sunday morning wen both his aunty and mum phoned him asking if they cud bring his grandad to which he said its up to u, so i was mega annoyed cos id said no the day before! oh then said oh we better invite his uncle and wife if the whole rest of family were coming! in the end they didnt bring his grandad which i was glad of
but as no one with kids came other than evan the youngest was 5 years old and the rest of the kids were all older like 10 and above so they were all out playin football or away to the park not that evan cared he had a great time i gave him some of his presents like his garden swing and other garden bits so he was playin with them and running around with the dog!
on his actual bday (yesterday) he opened the rest of his pressies but seemed to prefer the boxes lol, he loves his ball pit which is alot bigger than i expected so takes up half my living room! he spent the whole day yest with a huge smile lol and we took him out for a walk in his trike lol he thought he was great

took him to get weighed today he weighs 22lb 11, and his length was a little over 78cm so tall and skinny lol! hv was very impressed with him and cudnt believe how well he is walking,
im on hol this week from work but according to my oh all ive done so far is sleep lol dont know whats wrong with my but im so tired so gonna go off n have a wee nap whilst evans sleeping
hope ur all well x
Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:54 am 
Post subject:
How you all doing, so glad Evans birthday was ok, shame there couldn't have been more tots there but he wouldn't have been none the wiser.

Got Elleah a pair of clarks cruisers in the end, but I went the cheap skate way and got a used pair off ebay, I won them for 99p so I was well chuffed, and I am so glad I got her them as they have made a huge difference, she loves wearing them, shes got a shoe thing already! Almost instantly she was trying to move about more so she defo feels they are supporting her, she has recently been pushing herself up of me when we are on the floor then standing for a second before noticing, and she doesn't mind one handed walking with her shoes on too.

Got asked by a lady today who does music classes at our local childrens centre if I have music on all the time which i don't its just cbeebies all the time Kyle rules my TV, anyway she says Elleah has got really good rhythm and actions I was well proud she said I should defo encourage her cos she could be really good at dancing! She does dance away to the Eastenders tune if she is still up!

Got her paediatrician appointment in a few hours but not sure what to say as she has had hardly any episodes of bad nights, last night was crappy but they are few and far between now just feel annoyed it has been so long and now it has cleared up typical.
Anyway still decided to go just on the off chance that it ever comes back thought it was best to have her checked over anyway.

Right got loadsa housework to do as I have been out all day so better get on xxx
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:46 pm 
Post subject:
Time for an update!

Caelyn is still not walking! Its so frustrating cos she can crawl and she can cruise and if she has her walker she will walk for ages with it til she hits a corner but she simply refuses to stand or walk on her own. She also wont let me hold her hands and wlak with her. Its almost like she has decided she is going to do it when she can do it on her own without help. She goes mad if you try and walk holding her hands despite being quite happy to walk with her walker. Doesnt stop her climbing though. So far in the last week she has learned to get on sofa without anything to stand on (and fallen off a lot, im now teaching her to come down backwards), gotten on the fish tank table, gotten on the fish tank table and climbed over to sofa, gotten INSIDE my shelving unit 2 shelves up and learned to climb on her toy box without standing on anything else. I also quite often find her standing on her rocker, her trike, her trike wheels or her scuttlebug like some sort of circus performer. My baby she crazy!

Words are just flying out now. I think last time i updated she was saying
Mummy,
Daddy,
Ta, Cat,
Hiya,
UhOh,
Num (dinner or yum),
Giggig (we STILL havent worked it out),
Ahahah,
No,
Duck,
Good Girl,
Doot/Yook (look),
Tee (tree)
and Car.

Thats the ones she was saying regularly not just once or twice. Well since then we have had
Yea (yes)
Oo-ma (Oma/My mum),
Dat (That - not sure if its look at that or whats that as its interchangeable with Yook and pointing but i tell her what it is anyway)
Dis (This, anything she doesnt know the name of is Dis)
Jink/Dink (drink)
Mihdee/Mihsee (Missy, the cat)
Gee-Boh/Jee-Boh (Greebo, the other cat)
Shorsha/Anty Shorsha (her godmother Georgia)
Beep Beep

She has also said Gukky for yukky and Dittie for pretty but only a couple of times so far. She also sings Twinkle twinkle though her words are Gockle Gockle Tar Tar Tar! She has now mastered clapping and will wave or clap if you ask her, she will also grab her foot and show it to you if you ask where her feet are. If you say all gone she shows you her empty hands and if you say Oh No she claps her hands to the sides of her head. Its very funny.

Shes also learned to make a few animal noises: ee-ow for cat, oo-oo for dog, ackack for duck,bozzzzzz for bee, aaa-aaa-aaa for sheep and ee-ah for horse or donkey interchangeably. She blows raspberries if you ask her what a pig says cos she cant get grunting. She also does ee-oo-ee-oo-ee-oo for a siren.

In some ways its weird cos i find myself treating her like a baby who is much older. I never let her get away with just pointing and whinging for things, if she knows the name of it she has to use it before i give it to her and if she doesnt i say do you want this and she says Yea. I thought perhaps i was being too harsh with her but most people have said if she knows the words i shuold keep getting her to say them. What do you guys think?

Clothes wise she is finally out of 6-9. She is for tops and leg wise in 9-12 and for pjs and vests starting to even get to wards 1218 but cos shes still so dainty i have to put belts on her or roll waistbands over cos it all hangs off her.

Ooooh my dinners here im off, will finish this later. How are rest of you

MarioAndStuntChicken
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:15 am 
Post subject:
Never did get back to finish this off but all i was gonna add is today she finally learned to build a little tower with 2 bricks. I was so ridiculously proud lol Laughing

Lian is elleah walking yet? How often do you leave her shoes on for? I still leave c barefoot a lot and wonder if i should put her shoes on more often

MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:25 pm 
Post subject:
hey everyone i dont have much to report evan still walking brilliantly but his speaking not really coming on yet he seems to have given up on the speaking to concentrate on the walking!
as for me the diet is goin [*CENSORED*] i jst cant do it at all! im so hungry its unreal and im jst gettin bigger i wanna cry! the exercise is gettin there tho i jst need evan to learn to leave me in peace whilst im on the wii fit rather than tryin to get on the board with me or wanting carried! i think he wants a fat mummy!!
he got his frist haircut yest it was so cute but there wasnt much for them to cut jst a wee trim at the back cos the back is really long but its still not really growing in at the sides haha wee shame, but he was really well behaved and let her get on with it!
im off to have an early niight tonight ive not been sleeping great must be the lighter mornings its making evan toss n turn aswell and he is whinging in his sleep! from about 5am onwards so thats driving me up the wall we were doin so good to! im gonna get a black out blind or curtains and see if that makes a difference cos the light is the only thing i can think for it to be or mayb the heat
i have decided to do this walk its called the midnight walk its in august and we start at midnight and walk 13k i cant wait i love walking so gonna get out and get some walkin done aswell see if that shifts the weight!
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:12 pm 
Post subject: He's on the move!!
Hi all

Just a quick update whilst I wait for my pizza to cook!

Ben is finally on the move walking!!! He's only done 2 steps and today it was 3 steps but sat down controlled rather than falling forwards and I'm sooooo proud of him (but not half as proud of him as he is of himself hehe).

He says quite a bit now as well (although to the untrained ear it probably all sound similar) -

Bear
Baa (when he seems Timmy on the TV)
Mamma
Daddy
Gaa Gaa (Grandma and Grandad)
Nanna
Ape cot (apricot)
Babbit (rabbit) (usually accompanied by his bunny ears sign - so cute)
Gone (accompanied by arms up in the air)
Dog

Can't think of any others.

He still does his signing for bed, rabbit, duck and more - must have a refresher with the others.

He now wants to push everything round the floor all the time and makes a brum kind of noise as he does it.

He hadn't changed much weight wise last month as he'd been really poorly but I weighed him yesterday and he was 1 stone 7 (whatever that is in pounds?).

He's having cows milk now and has about 9 oz in the morning and evening but quite often has another 9oz before bed although he has been sleeping through most nights which is great. He also has 1 - 2 weetabix and a yogurt in the morning then snacks and lunch and dinner at nursery so he's eating for England at the moment.

I think thats all to report at the moment - best go, can smell pizza - hope I've not burnt the bloomin thing!

Will try and post again soon - so glad everyone's little ones are doing so well.

Ann
xxx
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hehe - just noticed your change of name Lisa - love it!
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:06 pm 
Post subject:
Well I haven't found time to catch up in the May Mummys section for ages although I know most of you on FB so you'll all be up to date on Emily!!

She took her first steps unaided today! Just 3 steps but I was so excited and so was she! She walks so well holding hands and can walk for miles screaching most of the time with joy! My parents came to stay for the weekend and my dad is just amazing with her and walked loads holding just one hand - they walked all around the supermarket together and she loved it, running over to the oranges and having a feel, a smell of the flowers etc! She definately has a case of running before she can walk though as if you hold her hands or she is pushing her walker she runs!

She says "hello" really well now and even said it to a lady in the supermarket on the weekend. Also Mummma and dada and even had a really good go at Grandpa and says "da" all the time when pointing at something.

She can understand an awul lot though such as "bath time" (she goes to the bathroom if she is upstairs) "bed time" (she sucks her thumb) "where's dolly" (she gets her), "give dolly some milk" she puts her beaker of milk to dolly's mouth, "splash" (she splashes in the bath), "kiss" (she gives me a kiss), "smell" and you can hear her sniffing.

We are having a big case of stranger danger, particularly with men. She just freezes with people she doesnt know or has only seen a few times and if she is nextto them or they look/touch her she just crys and crys. Its awful as she looks so scared and people think they have upset her! She is the same with her grandpa on daddy's side - she will be in a room with him ok but screams if she is left alone with him or he touches her! I feel so sorry for him as she just loves my dad, she gets soooo excited when she sees him.

Our beautiful Emily

1lbkb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there,

How pleased were you then when she took a few steps, has she done it again since? Elleah is not far off, she stands up from the floor and stands alone for ages but she hasn't quite braved a foot forward yet, but is walking holding 1 finger so she won't be long I think.

Ann - I love APE COT thats so cute! And the singing!

She has got a back tooth cutting at the moment and hence we have had almost a week of terrible sleep so feeling exhausted at the moment, not that sleeping has been her strong point ever but i did improve for a bit. She has a god awful cough and everytime she coughs her dummy comes out and shes awake crying, really limiting the dummy now anyway - I leave them in the cot now and her teddy that way she only has them when she is going to sleep - although I do take them with me if I go out haven't braved not taking them yet. But so far so good she doesn't seem to need them so I am glad I made a conscious effort to limit them.

Lisa- I don't have her shoes on in my house but if I go out or go to a friends house I leave them on her so she does have them on quite a bit she does like wearing them- but has a thing about pulling the velcro so nearly lost one the other day.

She has learnt a couple of new words over past few weeks, speech wise I think she is quite advanced actually only because I have friends with the exact same age babies who are saying what I would class as normal words for a 1 yr old like mamma, dadda, ta, ba, bye.

Doo- its actually shoe but she can't say sh - still its quite like it I think- she is shoe mad though she sits trying to put socks and shoes on for ages.

Kya - Kyle - she did attempt it months ago but stopped saying it, but now she is calling out for him all the time- probably my favourite its so cute.

no more - extremely clear!

peas - Please

Tan too - Thank you - shes been saying it for a while but its so much clearer now

She does say nanny - however we call my mum Granny - so I think its just a word she says or her attempt at granny perhaps.

She says broom broom when playing with cars - and used to say car but has stopped.

Baby is also a very clear word.

Bot- Bottle of milk

Dum - dummy

I think her favourite word is yeh yeh yeh! She points at stuff she wonts and emphasizies each yeh - wish it was yes though! So I am being strict like Annalisa, if she doesn't know the word I tell her what it is then make her say please before I give her it. She repeats well so I will just keep being strict with her.

WIth actions if you tell her to wipe her face she does, if she has a runny nose I tell her to come here and do poop poop (I know something my mum did and its stuck!) she comes straight over poking her nose in the air, she even cleans her own nose lol!

She tries to dress herself - no good at it but she tries.

As for being articulate- she doesn't have patients for sitting putting shapes into the correct places, shes not interested in building towers, she is just happing throwing the bits! n Although as I type she is playing with Kyles rocket, making it count 321 (it talks) then flying it in the air - fluke perhaps but I am impressed I can only assume she has watched Kyle do that at some point.!

I am starting a face painting course on Tuesday I am really looking forward to it, the local children's centre is doing it so i will be qualified to do kids faces at party's - if I had a CRB check. Also currently looking at doing a Nursery course NVQ level 3 I want to work within the under 4's environment and so nursery sounds like a good option so I am just in the early stages of finding out everything and hopefully in September I can start the course if all goes to plan - just so expensive but something I really want to do.

Ok well I will keep checking in and see how each little one is getting on - hopefully I can report Elleah is walking soon.

Love to all xxxx Lian
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular