May Mummies. Our babies are boddlers!

MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:04 pm 
Post subject:
well done elleah i cant believe how much everyone lo's say evan hardly says anything lol
he spoke loads before he started walkin but since walkin its like he has gave up on the talking and he jst babbles away in baby talk!!
he says hey and hiya and ta ta
he will say eece which means reece (ohs older son)
and oxi which is roxi our dog
he can say mum dad but hardly ever does only wen he whingy
he used to say yes and no but never does now

he has 2 back teeth cut aswell and we didnt even notice how bad is that lol! i came home from work the other day and oh told me he found 2 back teeth wen he was takin paper that evan was tryin to eat out of his mouth so thats 10 he now has!!
im a little concerned that he has found his boy bits and now wont leave it alone as soon as the nappy is off his hands r down there pulling it in every direction Shocked Shocked and making it really sore cos he jst wont bloody leave it
he really clever tho we were out yest at a party thing and he was pushing a chair (copyin the older kids) around the dancefloor and wen it got stuck agains another chair he knew exactly which way to move it to unstick it and continue goin lol the whole place was impressed! ;
anyway best go dont think there anything else to update and he looks like he is eyeing up his blocks to chuck at my tv (one of his favourite things to do, infact anything he shudnt be doin is a favourite for evan)

glad ur all well xx
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Michelle, bet you are so proud of him walking for ages now, don't worry about talking he is too busy thinking about where to go next lol - speech will come, Elleah is just a girl who wants to talk god help me lol!

Playing with his bits - hmm tough one especially since he is hurting it, best thing to do is really don't give him the attention you have probably been giving him- been through it with Kyle, its perfectly normal for him to be touching it less attention he gets the less often he should do i but he won't stop its what they do and its normal - Elleah tries grabbing Kyles when he is in the bath with her lol!

Been on a face painting course today it was really good, got another session next week, but I learnt how to do a Tiger, Lion, Leopard and a cat today not making a career from it though cos so many stipulations to do with insurance and stuff but I will do it for friends kids and maybe a party at mine if the parents want them to something interesting to have as a skill though.

Gutted about my possible Nursery course training though - turns out because I have A levels I won't be able to get any help towards funding unless I get a job which has already had an ofsted inspection - I was hoping for the possibility of training through my local childrens centre but they can't fund me, still think I will volunteer there though its all experience isn't it.

xxx
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Ladies

Sounds like all the LOs are progressing well either moving or talking or both.
Michelle I have the same problem as you with the wii. It tells me I am restless when I do a body test and Will interferes.

Talking of Will. He is walking and can quite competently walk across a room when it suits him but most of the time he will crawl because it is quicker. He also rampages round with his walkers a fair bit so we all have to watch our ankles.

He is talking to a fashion and sometimes repeats words back. He says 'Ta' when he is offered something or if he wants to give me something. He also says 'daddy', 'mum', 'dog' 'dis (this)' 'dat' (that), yes. 'da' (drink or dummy), Ted (his friend at the childminder), Awl (Noelle - his childminder). Most words are accompanied by a little jabby finger pointing at whatever it is he is talking about. I regularly get pointed at and this means 'come here woman I need something' Rolling Eyes

Will is on cows' milk only and has a full bottle morning and night on weekdays but often has his morning one in a cup at the weekend when we have more time for him to drink it. He drinks juice or water out of a cup during the day and will happily sup juice from an adult size sports bottle or a pint glass Shocked He hates straws though and won't use one.

I haven't had Will weighed since his birthday week when he was 25lb 11oz Shocked He always was sturdy. Laughing He is in 12-18 month clothing mostly but the trousers are far too long so he still wears his 9-12 month jeans.

I don't get to spend that much time with Will because I am at work 11 1/2 hours a day 4 days per week and spend the 5th weekday catching up on chores so I can spend all weekend with him doing fun stuff. I am looking for a new job nearer home so I can spend more time with Will in the evenings but it will mean I have to work full time at least for 6 months until I can apply for flexible working again. Fortunately Will adores his childminder and I actually feel bad if he misses a day with her because they do loads of fun stuff. He goes out and about everyday and is really tanned as a result and his hair is almost white blond (mad considering OH and I are both really dark haired).

Better go to bed 5.30am start again in the morning and I am still battling a stinking cold.

Chat later ladies Very Happy

"be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter" Dr Seuss
Orrieonko
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:12 am 
Post subject:
Wow Will is a good weight! I hadnt had Emily weight for almost 3 months but finally went on Weds and she is now 23lb 9oz so still somewhere between the 50th line & 75th centile line.

Dont know how you do it Gillian, I'm rubbish if Emily wakes up before 6:30am so 5:30am then working would kill me! Fingers crossed you find something nearer home - do your kind of jobs not come up part time then so you dont have to do full time for 6 months?

I'm still a stay at home mum although money is tight now and we are only affording it because the farm is paying the interest on our house building loan (because we borrowed the money from his parents farm) but we will have to start paying it back at some point so I'm going to have to reluctantly go back to work! Hope to find something part time and no where near as high flying and stressful as before so that when I go home I can forget about work.....

As for talking I havent listed down the words but she says dada for daddy, mama for mummy, gramda for Grandpa, hello very clearly and dere for there and I'm sure there is more. She has an amazing understading though and if you ask her where are the apples, clock, tractor etc she will immediately point to them (living on a farm there are lots of tractors!). She also points at everything and at me when she wants something too!

She has walked quite a long way on her own but only from me to James or from me to her toys , she hasnt got the courage to let go of furniture on her own yet!

She is suffering really bad from "stranger danager", hates it when people she doesnt know talk to her or try and touch her and if they pick her up (like the swimming instructor did on our first time there) she goes into hysterics. Sometimes even looking at her is enough to st her off! She is worse with men!

Had the odd tantrum, mostly when I'm trying to change her nappy or in the changing room at the pool!

She is such a character, I love her more and more.

Our beautiful Emily

GillandWil
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:54 pm 
Post subject:
Vicky the sort of job I do is rarely part time and really only exists in big companies. Search continues tomorrow.

A few more words from Will:
Gadda - grandad
Nanny
dog
cat
car
geddit (get it - always accompanied by a jabby finger pointing at whatever it is)
down
yum yum
dum (dummy)
ing (swing - the child is obsessed)

Ta is his favourite and is usually said when he wants to give you something rather than when you give him something.

Highlight of the weekend though...Will silently climbing into the paddling pool whilst fully clothed and while our backs were turned (fortunately he only had shorts, tshirt and his crocs on). I could squeeze his nappy out it was so wet. As my Dad said, you can see how easily kids can drown. There were 3 of us in the garden and he still managed to do it unnoticed. Shocked

"be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter" Dr Seuss
AlyK
Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:11 pm 
Post subject:
HI ladies
Seems like an absolute age since I was last on here....
Oliver is doing so well, he has been walking since 10 months (my doc said at a 4 month check he would be walking at 9 - not too far off!) and he has now learnt to run, not so good when everywhere around here is hills
He has a good vocabulary of all the usuals, and makes himself understood very well.
He's turned quite demanding in the last month or so, he wants everything and woe betide anyone who says no to him Smile
I have been back at work full-time since November, but we have a fantastic childminder who Ollie adores so thankfully no guilt there.
Glad to hear that everyone else and their lo's are doing good Very Happy
Aly
GillandWil
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
Where are you all ladies??

Update on the Wilster...
Wil is walking well although will revert to crawling for speed and when he hasn't got anything to pull himself up against to start off. Gradually we have more walking and less crawling though. He has developed a slightly sadistic streak and takes great delight in running at us, humans, dogs and cats, with his walker and ramming us. It is regularly removed from use because he gets out of hand with it.

His words are coming on and every now and then he will just say a word but not repeat it. My favourite so far was when I asked him what he was doing and he turned round and said 'playing' then carried on.

He is still a big lad and stood on the scales and weighed himself a couple of days ago at 1 stone 13 lb (27lb I make that). He eats loads but will only eat what he can feed himself so it gets a little messy when we have spag bol. He only has one bottle now at night and we are stopping that soon because he is more than capable of drinking his milk from a cup.

Still 8 teeth but lots of drool so I expect some more will arrive soon.

How is everyone else getting on? Any plans for another one or is it just Annalisa with that idea?

Orrieonko
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
Wow Gillian, 27lb - we have a friend staying the weekend and her 2 1/2 year old daughter is that weight!

Glad to hear William is well and getting on well with talking and walking.

Emily can walk miles and insists sometimes but is holding one finger except if you hold her by the waist and set her off towards daddy then she can walk quite well on her own - just confidence I guess that is needed. It is a nightmare when we are out for the day on your own - we went to an agricultural show and she wanted to walk everywhere (screamed in the buggy) and i was on my own for an hour whilst James talked business and I had to push the buggy whilst bent sideways so Emily could hold one finger and dodge hoards of people!

I cant believe how well Emily can feed herself, she can eat most things with a spoon and quite well now, even yoghurts - I'm not allowed to help at all! Teaching her how to use a fork now.

Talking is cute, my fav is yai yai with a wave for bye bye including when she is being taken upstairs to bed.

She just LOVES the beach - we went again today to Bridlington and she was in heaven, can play for hours there and LOVES being in the sea!

She is going through a bit of a clingy stage and has to have me in sight all the time - hopefully its a stage and it will pass as I can do anything at the moment without herclinging onto my legs!

Milk wise she has milk in a beaker with her breakfast and a bottle before bed although the last two days she has only had 3oz ish so guss she is cutting back on that now, maybe about ot give it up (she eats very well).

Still only 5 teeth! She has a big gap between her front top teeth which I'm hoping will close up a bit when the rest come through.

We'd love another, been trying since Emily was 9 months but so far no luck. My body seems to be playing silly beggars, had a 6 week period followed by 4 1/2 weeks of nothing now so thinking it's going to take us a long time again (Emily was 2 1/2 years in the making!). Its just horrid. So delighted for Gina & Annalisa though, hope all goes brilliantly for them x

Our beautiful Emily

MarioAndStuntChicken
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:34 am 
Post subject:
Hey all

wow loads to tell you as I havent been in here for a while. C is doing well, she is about 18lb now, shes picked up a lot of bugs lately. Its started with a vomiting bug about a month ago and she seems to have had colds or sniffles ever since and now is on antibiotics for an ear infection so she has lost a kilo and dropped off the ninth line to between 2nd and 9th. Im hoping once these antibugs kick in she will be back to her usual self and put some weight on as she is so skinny at the mo. Shes in 9-12 still purely for waist but they are starting to get a little short so im not sure how much longer I can make em last as shes a good height (25th line) and really needs to move up into 12-18 for her legs but I have to roll the waistbands over at least twice. Most days though she prefers a nappy and tshirt only if we are home anyway! Im back in cloth nappies again. I never liked stopping using them and with another on the way I refuse to pay for 2 sets of disposables every week.

We seem to have finally cracked her sleep. Shes gone to 1 nap a day now and goes to bed at 730. Shes still waking at 5 but if i give her a bottle will then go back in her cot til 730. Hurrah! Like Emily im not allowed to feed her now so dinner times take ages and are very messy. Shes nearly got a spoon now and likes using her fork too but if its all too complicated often digs in with fingers too. If i try and help she goes mad at me so ive learned dinner is now a more leisurely affair.

Teeth wise we now have 8. Its astounding, she took til nearly 10 months to get her 1st and now just 4 months later has 8. Its been a rough time for her constantly cutting em.She doesnt do teethign well. I have just ordered her an amber necklace to see if it helps. Shes currently got nappy rash and is dribbling loads so im assuming there are more coming.

Shes still not walking yet or even standing without holding on. She cruises really confidently and often with just one hand and stands just resting a hand on something but isnt comfident to just let go. Its almost frustrating but she knows she can crawl so damn fast (people comment on the speed she goes at) so I think she isnt bothered as walking would slow her down. Judging by the speed she goes at holding hands or with her walker I think she may be planning progression straight to running lol. The climbing is still in full force, just ask Gill. I left her with Gill and Will for a wee at the weekend and came out to find Gill looking a lot like a rabbit caught in headlights with one arm out to C who was scaling a stone staircase and another to Will who was trying to eat a flower bed. Shes a demon for it. We ended up in a french hospital recently as she was bouncing on the sofa and fell off onto the back of her head then held her breath through temper til she passed out. Shes fine but did it ever scare me! Doesnt seem to have deterred her though.

Words wise she is still progressing at a rate of knots. She seems to have given up on cat, duck, doggie etc as she prefers the sounds they make so we get ee-ow (cat), oof oof (dog), moooooooooooooo, aaaaaaaaah (sheep), ack ack (duck), eek eek (mouse), bit bit (frog), bizzizzizz (any bug), weet weet (bird), ee-aw (horse or donkey), ahahahah oohh ohh (monkey) and a raspberry for a pig as she cant grunt all instead of the actual names. Its a bit like living with doctor doo little. We also get beep beep for the car and nee naw (or mee maw). Shes taken to imitating coughing as well.

Shes on a mummy kick at the mo so mum was dormant for months and now all I hear is mum, mum, mummy, mumma, mummummum, ma for ages without a break. Shes still doing dad and daddy and she does ooma for my mum and my dad (who is actually opa lol). Shes tried shorsha (georgia) a couple of times now for my best friend too and can do missy and greebo when the mood takes her for the cats though she usually just shouts ee-ow at them.

She can now do dis and dat like Will does and for Dat Im expected to name whatever it is, which is fine if she points but she often just looks and I have to follow her gaze and guess. Dis is used for anything she doesnt know the name of. We also have Uh Oh, Yook (look), Chee (tree), Ta (finally being used regularly too!), nana (banana), shuse (shoes), joose (juice), num nums (food), hiya, ball and her latest is fwower (flower) which is so cute its heart breaking. Shes also trying Ih-Uh Ih-Uh for iggle piggle and Bick for brick. Her other latest one is Wow which is hysterical as she doesnt say the 1st W and goes AHOW!!!!! And its really drawn out.

She likes to sing and often does Rowrowrow which is all she knows of it so far or starstarstar and ba ba na na ba ba na (which apparently is ba ba black sheep, I never knew I was singing it wrong). She loves music generally and headbangs to the prodigy in my OH's van or the Disaster song on Zingzillas and dances to the summer song on Cbeebies with both hands in the air wiggling her fingers. She also still does the macualay culkin thing if you say Oh No to her and now if she sees a mirror she rubs her hair to check it after watching a lady in france do it.

Her understanding is way ahead though, if I ask her to get simple things like her bunny, dummy, shoes etc she can and she can point to her nose, hair and feet. Shes taken to nodding instead of saying yeah which she was doing if I ask her if she likes her food or is enjoying her toys. She also knows sleepies for nap or bedtime and if I tell her its time for sleepies she gets her bunny and dummy ready.

We are having to work on a weird bath phobia thing thats cropped up at the mo, for some reason she is going nuts at bathtime and screaming and going rigid. Ive got some dry shampoo for her hair for now so we can go back to bathtime as playtime for a while and last night had a little progress in that she sat on my knee and played though she wouldnt sit in the water so I sponge washed her on my knee in the bath. Ive also started the naughty corner today. It seems so early but shes so defiant if I say no she has a tantrum and throws things. Today she threw her bottle of juice on the floor which is a new trick so it spilled and when I said no deliberately spilled it again. So I warned her if she did it again it was naughty corner and she did so I sat her there. It took 6 attempts to make her sit there but she did in the end and I sat her for 30 seconds. After I explained throwing drinks was naughty and she cuddled me. Later she went to do it again and I said you will go in the naughty corner and she stopped. So success kinda but I feel bad for doing it at such an early age.

Anyway this is turning into an essay so im off, speak to you all soon

1lbkb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,

Seems like we are all updating less and less now.

Well Elleah finally decided to learn to walk at last she was 14mt 1wk! She has been standing up alone from the ground for months now and so it was so frustrating that she wouldn't walk, but I am happy she is doing it now, plenty of falling on the bum still but shes getting there!

Gill- Will sounds lovely he is very cute, I love the geddit word thats funny - so demanding lol!

Aly, I totally understand the tantrums, if I say no to her she flicks herself back and screams on the floor, terrible temper, just worried shes going to really hurt her head one day.

Victoria- good on Emily for walking, she will soon pick up courage to toddle off on her own. The clingy stage has always existed with Elleah, its a nightmare for trying to get housework done, but she is improving now that she has more movement so hopefully Emily will too. I can't believe she only has 5 teeth I think Elleah has 10 maybe more! Good luck with trying for another, you never know might happen quicker this time round.

Annalisa - hope you enjoyed your holiday. Shame little C keeps getting bugs shes obviously got a low immune system poor thing must be a nightmare for you. Like you I have cracked the sleep - hooray - Elleah is now sleeping 7-6 most nights, with the odd occaisonal stir but she settles quickly. She also sleeps loads in the day in general she sleeps 9-11.30, and then 1-3.30 thats loads isn't it???????

Shame little C isn;t walking yet, she has been racing round with her walker for months now hasn't she, oh well they all do it when they are ready, just annoying when they are so close.

I love her animal noises they are so cute, she has good knowledge. I have taught Elleah some noises but I don't think she really knows the animals only one she defo knows is the name and noise is of a duck. She says the others only after I repeat them to her, she is like a parrot she can say things very clearly but perhaps doesn't always understand the meanings as of yet for everything.

Elleah has learnt to say her own name over the past few weeks, which is impressive and very cute, she also finds it highly ammusing to beg food from me when I am eating telling me "mine" and pointing to herself lol! She has learnt Gan and Gagad (gran,grandad) recently too, she says ba-bye very nicely and like emily if you say bedtime she waves and comes up to give you a kiss with pursed lips bless her!

Right I am off bye for now x
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:42 pm 
Post subject:
Yay Elleah on her feet and away Very Happy Vicky - Wil has been walking holding one hand for ages but finally got the courage to let go.

Another update from me as Wil seems to be progressing at a rate of knots recently. We now have pretty confident walking and he is choosing to walk rather than crawl a lot now although he still hasn't worked out how to stand up without pulling up against something so if he falls down and there is nothing to use to get up he has to crawl.

He is now talking more too and has a preference for things beginning with 'b' - 'bird', 'ball' and 'boo' being his latest. The excitement when he sees a bird and follows it as it flys around the garden is hilarious. Ball is just an ongoing obsession in this house and with 2 dogs barking incessantly when they see a ball and Wil now yelling 'ball' at it there is quite a bit of noise. 'Boo' is a new one and is said on demand when someone else says 'boo' to him.

He also likes to give great big sloppy, open mouthed kisses and is adorable when he takes hold of your face and kisses your lips repeatedly (not so great when he does it to the dogs though Shocked )

Wil is also an amazing thrower and can hurl balls, toys, clothes, food, drinks and anything else an amazing distance with accuracy, I am thinking of suggesting him for the 2012 olympics as a shot putter. Laughing

honeybunnya
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone!!!

I had to do a search, I couldn't find us!!

Just a quickie update on Benjamin before I hit the sack.

His 7th tooth has finally just cut through so I'm hoping he will get back to being his normal self as he's been a bit off for about a week.
He is walking confidently now albeit a bit wobbly now and then (like a drunk pretending to be sober!) and we've just bought him his first walkers shoes rather than cruisers (his cruisers will be saved for his Benjy box of [*@!#%*]!!).
He says quite a few words now and tries to copy quite a few - I'm sure he said dangerous at the weekend!
He knows that the oven and cups are hot and waves his hands and shakes his head making an oh, oh, oh noise.
He does lots of animal noises - cow (ooh - with his bottom lip pulled over his top one!) , duck (ack ack), pig (quite a good grunting noise), lion (rah), sheep (or Timmy) (immediately gets a Baa).
He points to a sign of his name in his bedroom and says B, B, B - we aren't getting very far on the e and n so far!
He now loves nursery to bits and actually had a hissy fit when I tried to bring him home tonight - it took all my strength not to burst into tears in the car park as he was wriggling and screaming his head off!
He's a bit his and miss with his food - has 2 lots of everything at nursery but at home he's not so keen and quite often ends up with a jar still - I think its because of the others eating around him there. His favourite food is definitely anything bread shaped - especially garlic bread!
As for me, I've applied for a different job at the company I'm at now - was approached by someone to see if I was interested in applying for an assistant HR officer role and I was shortlisted from 95 down to 10 and I had to do a presentation and some tests and now I'm through to the 2nd stage which is an interview but not until the beginning of September!! I'd love to get it as its about 3k more money but also its got good prospects as I can do all the training (and probably for free!).
We have got our house on the market as well as we want to move somewhere where the schools are better for Benjy - its a while off but once the decision was made, we didn't want to be hanging around in case we couldn't sell. We might be a in a position where we can rent ours so could be a in a good position if we find somewhere - got a viewing at a lovely house tomorrow night so you never know, my next update could be "we're moving!!!"

I've done a post about milk - Benjy's gone off his morning milk either out of a bottle or a cup - is it ok for him to just have water and only have milk at night?

Also - he lent on a bottle the other day without me realising and 7oz promptly dispersed into the carpet - all ok for 2 days then this morning the stench was unbelievable - have drenched it in flash with febreeze so at least it smells nicer - thank god I bought a wet/dry vacuum the other day!!!

I don't think there is anything else to update - I can't believe that 15 months have passed since Benjamin joined us in this world - I can't remember life without him but I do know I would never go back - he is my absolute world and I would do anything and everything possible to keep him safe and happy - ooh, thats a bit deep isn't it!!!

Will try and catch up again soon

Ann
xx
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular