sulking

mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:35 pm 
Post subject: sulking
Hi everybody

i am around 5 weeks pregnant, found out last Tuesday - I instantly stopped smoking (although after a 8 month break I had only been back on them 3 weeks), but I'm told not to use NRT so my beloved inhalator is gone too!
I have cut back dramatically on caffiene and I am trying (*trying*) to watch salt and sugar but this is a bit of a nightmare.
On top of feeling tired/nauseous I am now feeling *evil* and tearful...tell me it gets better Crying or Very sad
Floop
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:49 am 
Post subject:
hiya,

Sorry you are having a rough time at the mo.

There is no reason for you not to go onto patches. They are only wary as they have not been fully researched on the effects of patches on pregnant women. Patches are 100 times better than smoking. I would contact the national stop smoking helpline for advice and they will tell you off your local pregnacy stop smoking clinic. If you feel patches will help do not take no for an answer. Lots of women on here have used them so it baffles me why you cant.

Dont put too much pressure on yourself if you slip up and have the odd ciggie or coffee or macdonals dont worry, its not easy being pregnant especially now as we arent allowed to go toilet without government guidelines lol It does get better, enjoy those little treats we all did it. I ate like a pig during this pregnancy and the only thing to show for it my thirty chins. Embarassed Laughing

Annoy me and I will sit on you.... and it will hurt! Smile
mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
aw thanks, thats really reassuring!
I am currently stomping my way around but I figure it's been a week without a ciggie thereabouts so maybe I can pull through - always so much contradicting advice re: patches etc...
And I think youre right, theres no *way* I could continue to be a saint through a whole 9 months Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Breaking the habit All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular