terrified of ep

tashamo3
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:39 pm 
Post subject: terrified of ep
hi ladies hope everyone is well?.
Ive gotten myself all worked up and scared that my pregnancy is ectopic ive been excessively tired and dizzy, lots of bad lower back pain, a headache that has lasted for 3 days a strange pulling feelin in my right side low down and today when i go for a wee and wipe there is a slight brown stain on the tissue (sorry if tmi) im havin an early scan on tuesday as im 6 weeks today but should i call the epu and ask to be seen earlier- does this sound like an ep to any of you
any help is greatly appreciated.

xxxxxxx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
Tash, sorry you are going through this. Brown 'prune juice' d/c usually comes with an ep, but i had brown bleeding with Eleanor too from 6 - 9 weeks.
Have you had any pain? EP's dont usually rupture before 6weeks+ (mine was 6+2) You WILL know if its an EP beleive me - the pain is like nothing i have ever had, or would ever want to experience again. You get pain up your bottom like a red hot poker as well as pain from your groin up to your hip. Shocked
Your scan should give you some answers tmrw - if you are 6 weeks, the very least they should see is a sack in the right place. If there is nothing there, DONT let them fob you off and tell you to come back. They should do your HCG, and if its over 2000, and no sack is visible they need to do something - fast.

I hope you are worrying for nothing, and you see bubs in the right place tmrw. Let us know how you get on.
Love Julie x

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
carlyt
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:37 am 
Post subject:
I am having the exact same problems.... they docs say there is a possibility that it is a ectopic pregnancy....

I am soooo scared.

My scan isnt until thursday when i am 6 weeks.....

I am getting very strong period pains, and then it suddenly hurts more over the left side.....

I am trying to be positive until Thursday comes.

Let us know how you get on hun. xx

tashamo3
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:34 pm 
Post subject: an update
thank youfor your replies, well i went to the out of hours docs last night they sent me to A&E where the gynae team sawmeiended up staying in as i had pain in my right side but the brown dicharge eased off. my hcg last night was 2837 they did a scan this morning and couldnt see any pregnancy in my uterus and couldnt see any sign of ep either so they sent me home today, ive got to go back in the morning for more bloods i will have the result of those by weds mornin apparently and depending onwhat the blood results show will depend on the course of action. they said id my hcg has doubled then its a good sign if it has only increased a little or not at all or decreased then obviously somethin will need to be done. They said maybe its just still too small to see? i really dont know what to think i hate the not knowing!! xx
carlyt
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:54 pm 
Post subject:
Its horrible isn't it, as it is hard for even the doctors to know if it is a ectopic or not.... which makes you really anxious....

I was getting really angry when i as at the hospital as I just wanted to know if everything was alright or not, and I couldn't understand why they couldn't just find out there and then....

How many weeks pregnant are you?

Is the pain on your right side, really really bad? Or just a bit stronger than a period pain? x

JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
Tash
Please phone the EPU and DEMAND to be seen. There is NO excuse for that. They did this to me and i lost my tube. Evil or Very Mad
If there is no pregnancy seen when your levels are over 2000 - i really hate to say it, but its not good. The 'too small to see' line is [*@!#%*].
They did this to me too - sent me home, said they'd do more bloods to see if it doubled etc, and it did (as around 20% do) so they said lets wait and see - my tube ruptured and i nearly died - when they could have saved my tube and not put me through surgery, and given me methotrexate instead. I TOLD them i knew it was an EP, and begged for the meth, but they kept saying it would be okay.
I was not in pain - and had no signs of an ectopic pregnancy - i just knew.
They keep doing this to women and it makes me furious!!! They did the same to Lou on here.
Please look at the Ectopic Trust - there are LOADS of women on there that know where you are coming from and give invaluable support.
I cant believe they have sent you home - (well i can) I am angry for you.

Julie xx

tashamo3
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:41 pm 
Post subject:
I just dont know what to think anymore, my has now completly eased off n ive not had any more brown stuff, i dont have a gut feeling as to whether its ok or not Sad i know that 2 doctors were arguing about my case- 1 wanted to do a laparoscopy and the other wanted to send me home and do bloods obviously he won! when i had my last child i had some bleeding at 6 weeks they scannd me an couldnt see anythin then i went back when i was 6+5 and they saw him. Maybe im just cluthchig at straws I just hate not knowing whats going on.

xx
carlyt
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:55 pm 
Post subject:
i really dont know what to suggest, as i know what its like when ur in the hospital...

Its as though even the docters dont know what to do....

I really really hope that everythin is ok, and its just your body changing.. xxxx

JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:13 pm 
Post subject:
Tash - if you are sure of your dates (How far along are you?) there should not be an issue - but if you say this has happened before to you, then maybe i would be a little cautious.

I just felt different - no nausea. A lap would have been the safer option.

Julie xx

tashamo3
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
well im pretty sure my last lmp was 4/4/2010 on the 17th april we had 2 split condoms so took the morning after pill ( this is a fairly new relatioship) i had carried on charting just to be sure of when to be extra safe which obviously backfired but my chart said i didnt ovulate so i was really surprised when the test said positive. i have been doing weekly tests with clearblue and the amount of weeks it says tally's up with when we had the split condom incidents and the number of weeks has been going up as it should. i think depending on the bloods results on weds then ill really start kicking off with them i do not want to lose my tube so ill make sure they take me seriously, its jut the not knowing thats driving me mad! i really appreciate all your input julie and advice thank u sooo much.
xxxxxx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Tash,
my pain came and went a few times before it really got bad and i knew for sure - oh and i didnt have any brown d/c!

Julie xx

tashamo3
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
Well im going to keep a close eye on it and if i get even the slightest pain im gonna go back in and demand a laparoscopy fingers crossed it wont come to that.

xxx
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
Tash, Im so sorry for what you are going through. Im with Julie on what she says, keep pushing them to do more. I too have bled a brown red blood with all 4 of my pgs but with the 3rd pg which was my EP is was more distinct brown like prune juice. With my EP pg I felt very dizzy and light headed and the pain was very noticeable although did go away briefly but only briefly. I too had pain up my bottom and felt pain when I tried to go to the loo. I had my scan at 6+3 and after scanning internally for some time they realised my pg was ectopic. I had my bloods done previosly at A&E but I cant remember the levels, I just know they increased and were around the 2000 ish mark. Unfortunately I too ruptured and lost my tube although they did react quick and didnt send me home it was just too late for me. But like Julie says it doesnt have to be, so keep on and hopefully they can prove you wrong and all will be right. Its better to be proved wrong than to go undiagnosed hun.

Hope all goes ok for you and keep us updated. Take Care. Clairexx
carlyt
Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:13 pm 
Post subject:
Ok so the cramping got really bad last night and today, so I went A+E yet again, waited for like 4 hours again, explained that I had an appointment with the early preg unit on Thursday however the cramps are getting worse.

They ended up doing a Transvaginal Ultrasound Scan.

The docter straight away said to me you do not have an ectopic pregnancy as she saw the sack straight away, turned the screen and showed me and my partner....

We couldnt see the baby unfortunatly, but the docter said it is normal as its too small to see at the mo as I aint even 6 weeks yet.

She also check my ovaries, she did say that I have a pregnancy cyst on my right side but that is normal in all pregnancys....

I am just glad to see that the sack is in the right place and not in my tubes...

It has totally put my mind at rest.... I can now start to enjoy my pregnancy....

Hopefully the pains will ease off, she said it is just from my body changing and stretching as I am quite small aswell.

I am soooo excited now.

She has booked us in for another scan in 2 weeks time, at 8 weeks just to make sure baby is growing ok.

Our scan is on my partners birthday june 1st!! So thats going to be lovely, she said we will be able to see the baby and hear the heart!!!! xx

JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
Thats good new hun, just take things easy.

Tash - i hope you are ok - xx

Julie xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular