JAN 2011 MUMMIES

carlyt
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
no worries hun....

It hasn't really affected me to be honest, I am just glad that there is one healthy baby in there.

I have been reading up on it, and apparently it is really common.

The thing is in the UK most women don't get a scan until 12 weeks, so they may have also had a twin implantation however by 12 weeks the second sac will have disappeared so they would have never have known.

Apparently Twin implantation is very common however only a small percentage of twin implantation go on to grow into two babies.

If I had seen a heartbeat in the second sac or a baby, and on my second scan it wasn't there then I would of been really upset, but there was never anything growing inside the second sac....

Cant believe Jamie is taking steps all by himself now, he is such a strong boy! xx

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:18 pm 
Post subject:
Glad you're ok about it. Yeah isn't it called disappearing twin syndrome. I know its becoming more common here because more people are getting early scans

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies.

How are we all? Hope you're feeling a bit less sick now Carly.

We've been back in hospital with Jamie and he was admitted this time. His on his inhaler again and is getting a preventative one which he'll have to take morning and evening for the next three months and then they'll try and wean him back off it. I'm not really happy about him being pumped full of steroids but we can't keep rushing to hospital because he can't breath. If nothing else I'm worried one time we'd be too late for them to actually be able to help

maxine83
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls, haven't been on in ages due to my old laptop overheating after 10 mins so its always off. Have a new one now early Xmas pressie so I should be on here alot more now. Can't believe our baba's are nearly one why does it have to go so quick.
Congratulations carly so pleased for you, wow 10 weeks. Didn't take long after having the implant out hun.
Hope jamie is OK now tamara, kyan my son was the same when he was a baba,was on an inhalor from 4months to help him with his breathing but from 18 months he hasn,t needed it which the docs said he would probs grow out of it.
Well frances is 11 months now and its gone so quick, she doesn't crawl but bum shuffles everywhere. Started saying a few words now such as mama,Dada,more,lau lau(of waybuloo) ,pub(we wind grandma up and say where,s grandma and she says pub lol.) Hiya,botbot( bottle) can't think of anymore. We do round n round the garden and she circles her finger on my palm and clappa cake. She has her two borrom teeth and her two top fangs ,my lil vampire lol.
We have decided we are just going to have a family meal for her birthday as we don't no many other baby's to celabrate with and plus I don't think she will remember tbf. Not to say I'm not going over the top i've ordered her a princess castle cake and she has a pink tutu made for her birthday. Balloons banners etc. Think its more for me than her lol. Well i'll stop ranting now but glad you are all well and will be on here more often now. Take care girls.

JafflePie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies... just thought I'd pop in and say hello!

Baby girl is now walking - since just before 10 months. Quite ridiculous... she was also a little gummy bear up until this week, first tiny tooth on monday! Still BF and still on tap through the night too, quite a bit of co-sleeping and going on. Humph. You'd think the adventures would wear her out Laughing

Am pretty amazed that by the time Christmas and New Year is over we will be into January... and first birthdays already!! Crazy how fast the year has gone?! It occurred to me when in the card shop, so thought I'd just post and say howdy while I thought of it.

Hope ladies & babies are all well, wrap up warm - wishing you a happy Christmas xx
libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
Jafflepie are you Gracebean&pip?

We've done quite a bit of co-sleeping. Jamie slept through the night for the only time just before we went to hospital with him for the first time so about 3 weeks ago and since I've refused to feed him in the night

I'm still bf although only a morning and evening feed now and he has formula the rest of the time as I'm at work

JafflePie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya Liberty, have pm'd

Last edited by JafflePie on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
maxine83
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:45 pm 
Post subject:
Wow. Jafflepie, walking already what a clever girl. I think frances will be a late walker as she's not started pulling herself up or anything yet so not sure. My son wasvwalking just before his first birthday so alot of difference with my baba's.
Well frances has decided now that unless you put the food on her highchair tray she won't eat it off a spoon. Its a very messy process espec with mash/veg etc. Need to invest in a very large plastic food mat that you put under the highchair, any idea's girls where I can get one from.

JafflePie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
maxine83
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:24 pm 
Post subject:
Ohhh like the mother care one hun, cheers for that your a star.

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:33 pm 
Post subject:
We had one from mothercare as we did baby led weaning with Jamie and it was messy from the start. However, we ended up never really using it. We have wooden floors in the room he eats and it is easier just to clean up

maxine83
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
We have wooden floors throughout too hun but we have a rug and its like covered after feeding time, spend half the time on me hands n knee's cleaning all the bits up. She likes tomato's and i'm forever picking pips up from the floor lol. Need something that's easier to wipe clean than the rug.

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:52 am 
Post subject:
Hope you managed to find something that worked Maxine.

I'm really struggling at the moment. Jamie's breathing is bad again although just about ok enough not to need to go to hospital. He also has an infection in both eyes so has antibiotic eyedrops which he has to have 4 times a day in both eyes. We have to hold him down for them and the inhaler which is horrible. He also has a nasty cough and spent part of last night being sick. I'm running on empty at the moment and it feels like his just always ill.

Hope the rest of you are ok

EMJ86
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:10 am 
Post subject:
Hey there ladies Very Happy Sorry I've not been on for ages...been reading your posts, glad to hear you're all doing well. Tamara, hope Jamie improves soon hun must be horrible having to take him to the hospital Sad

Verity and I are doing great she's such a little star! We went to see Cinderella in Panto yesterday and she sat on my knee mesmerized the whole way through, there wasn't a peep out of her I was soooo proud! Clap

She's not walking yet but is pulling herself up on evertything and as such is having many bumps to the head Sad I hate it when she hurts herself, feel like a bad mummy for not protecting her.

We've still not got her in her room yet, she's in a cot but still with us as we still haven't finished decorating her room Embarassed Laughing

Huge congrats to you both della and carly! So exciting! We're not trying officially but not preventing either would love to have another but it took 3yrs to get verity so not holding my breath.

I'm still bf but her feeds have significantly decreased during the day. Have started working from home too so I get to look after my princess whilst earning - best of both eh!?

Speaking of working, I've got calls to make before I head off to uni. I'll try not to be a stranger and get on here a little more often.

Take care everyone xxx

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Liz. Good to hear from you. Jamie only went into his room two nights ago as it meant rearranging the entire flat and we were supposed to be selling. He hasn't actually managed to sleep in there either yet as he was ill both nights and in our bed.

Jamie's always covered in bruises. He insists on climbing on everything so I've just accepted it now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2011 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 104 of 106

Jump to:  

Community

Popular