Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies Really sorry I haven't been on her in ages Embarassed

Really glad to hear how you are all doing

Congrats Della and Carly xxx

Liberty big hugs hun, I hope Jamie feels better soon xx

Ze is growing well ................ still my little bit though had her weighed on Wednesday and she is only 17lb 15 oz! still not fat enough to forward face in the car seat! LOL

She is cruising the furniture like a pro and has worked out how to bridge the gaps. She is also crawling like mad. She will try to stand on her own again now so we are getting lots of bumped heads again Rolling Eyes she also has lots of words... mama, daddy and dada, elm (the cat elmo), ta, bye bye, hiya, yes, bod (bottle) and dudu (dummie!) Very Happy

can't believe our babies are one next month! they haven't been here long enough for that!

we are going out to Pizza hut with family on her birthday and will be having a tea party on the day after with all her little friends.

wedding plans are still going well, not too stressed yet but there is still time Laughing We are planning to try for number 2 after the wedding in may so excited about that too! Very Happy
Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hello hello hello

Well Carly R (hehe see what did there) if I was more into date wil AB I would have known about baby number 2 sooner. My laptop is a load of [*@!#%*] after my sister broke it it runs so slow now, il have to invest in a new one in the jan sales but congrats sweetie.
So our little jan babies are almost one & it'll be their first Xmas next week wth?? I've brought so much for McKenna, mainly because I feel like I have to make up for her non existent father Sad but it's all good. I brought her a miss Santa outfit lik can't wait to put it on her lol.
Mckennas got her Xmas concert on Wednesday can't wait to see her in it Smile mckennas still got no teeth /
:/ lol not walking alone but walks with her push along walker. Hopefully she'll be walking by her birthday cus her birthday dress isn't made for crawling lol

How are you all & ur beautiful babies?? Ready for Xmas??
I'm looking forward to stuffing my face as last yr we were all heavily pregnant and could hardly manage a bite lol haha xx
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:14 pm 
Post subject:
Good to see you back Tash.

My baby is one tomorrow! How did that happen. He loved opening presents at his birthday lunch with my family on Saturday so I'm guessing he'll love it. We're taking him to the zoo if the weather's ok as he loves animals. If not we'll take him to soft play tomorrow and the zoo on Thursday when its supposed to be nicer. He had his hv check today and she said his doing really well. His actually dropped back onto the weight graph and below the top line. His also up in the 90s for height. She was really impressed with everything he could do. I was worried he was speaking enough. He can say mum-mum and da-da, brum brum (when playing with his cars, ta and no in context and says hello, yum yum and some other things but only when copying. She says that only expect them to say ma-ma, da-da and perhaps one other word though and I knew mobility wise, etc he was ok.

Can't believe this year has gone so fast!

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:37 pm 
Post subject:
Adam took his first steps today.. I thought it was never going to happen!

Tashuur
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:39 pm 
Post subject:
I know it's bizarre!! Where has the time gone?
McKenna can do them things that Jamie does but she dnt wanna walk lol or grow any teeth ://
Can't wait until Sunday!! I'm starting to plan mckennas christening at the min, I have to go to the church in the new tr, hopefully I can get the date I want FX.

What are all your other first birthday plans? Xx
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:16 pm 
Post subject:
I wouldn't worry about it. The hv said today that they don't worry about walking until at least 16 months and teeth can be so variable. I would rather Jamie hadn't had them with feeding him

That's great Della.

I'm giving up feeding from tomorrow which I'm a little sad about. I only do a morning and evening feed but hubby thinks its a bit weird as they get older so we agreed that I'd give up when he turned one. Am going to start dropping the evening feed first. Its strange because I hated it for the first 6 months (mainly because he was permamently attached) but I really like it now. I think it is about time to stop though

Tashuur
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:30 pm 
Post subject:
Oh didn't realise Jamie was still on the boob. I'm sure he'll be fine coming off. My mate at uni still b/f her 2 year old :/ that's just creepy!!
Are you looking forward to tomorrow tamara? I'd be crying to be honest lol
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:43 pm 
Post subject:
I am but I can't believe his got so old so fast! Might get a bit tearful tomorrow. Just keep thinking this time last year I was in labour.

I think the WHO say to bf until 2. I might have fed for a little bit longer but Jamie is starting to lose interest in it anyway

Tashuur
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:42 pm 
Post subject:
I personally dnt agree with breast feeding your walking, talking child :/ that's a but like :/ hmm okay lmao. But each to their own.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMIE!!! Hope he's had a fantastic birthday!!
Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:43 pm 
Post subject:
Just popping in to say a Happy (belated) Birthday to Jamie Liberty Happy Birthday

Stop BF because it feels right for you both, not because anyone else thinks it's about time Confused
Morning and/or evening feeds can be kept for a while as they are the most associated with comfort, and baby can be most settled then too. Hope it's gone well if you have stopped and, if you haven't, it'll come in time - no rush!

Many happy returns again to the little man, this year has gone too fast. Little miss is walking around with a light-up snowman at the min looking far to grown up for my liking. Happy Christmas January mummies and babies Very Happy xx
libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:46 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you ladies. He had a great birthday.

Jafflepie I've given up the evening feed which was easy but am still doing the morning at the moment. That's going to be harder because I don't wear anything to bed and he comes in in the morning for snuggles and tends to just attach himself. Even if I do wear pjs he pulls up the top. He seems to be doing nothing but eating at the moment. I don't know if his catching up from being ill or going through a growth spurt but despite having a bottle at 7.30 and one at 10ish his waking up starving at 4 and draining a bottle and still feeding from me. Still its so much better than he was because he tends to be in bed by 7.30, we basically dream feed him between 10 and 10.30 and then he goes to 4 which considering he slept about 3 hours in 24 this time last year is a vast improvement.

I think most of you are on my facebook (and if not and you want to add me then I think I'm the only Tamara Saw) but for those that aren't a couple of pics of my little man from his birthday

Hope you all have a great first Christmas with your lo. I know its not Jamie's first christmas but it feels like it and I'm really excited about tomorrow

EMJ86
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:40 pm 
Post subject:
Happy belated birthday Jamie!

And happy belated crimbo to you all! Hope you all had a wonderful day and LO's enjoyed the festivities. We had an amazing day, Verity LOVED opening her presents and generally the whole day!

I'm still BF Verity and tbh have no intention on stopping until she is ready. I am doing what I feel is best for my child and if anyone has a problem with that, it's exactly that, their problem NOT mine! Most of my friends children have weaned themselves by 18months and I don't see a problem with that. I personally don't think I'd want to be feeding Verity over about 18months but I guess we'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it. Each to their own I say - It's not for me to judge how anyone else raises their children or any of the choices they make whether I agree with them or not is totally irrelevant.

Just incase I don't get on again before the new year, I hope you all have a wonderful time and would like to wish you all the very best for 2012! x

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:05 pm 
Post subject:
I think that's great Liz. Jamie's basically weaned himself off everything other than the morning feed otherwise I'd fight hubby and feed him for longer. My sister certainly fed her two until they were about 18 months

maxine83
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:00 pm 
Post subject:
Happy new year girls, grateful to ab as I've met some wonderful ladies all who I class as friends
( whether we have met in person or not, hopefully in the near future though.) Thankyou for being their when I've needed advice,too moan or general chitchat. Take care girls and all the best for 2012 may all your wishes come true.

Tashuur
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:22 pm 
Post subject:
Happy new year all. Hope you all had a good Xmas. Loads on January baby birthdays ahead of us. Happy birthday to Frances-Rae for tomorrow. Hope she has a great day Smile)
Mckennas finally started teething, her bottom teeth haven't cut through yet though but she's bk to her normal self, how long will it take for them to pop through? Kinda looks as if they've disappears bk down lol
Page 105 of 106

Jump to:  

Community

Popular