So who here wants or wanted a big white wedding ?

NicolaOasis
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:27 am 
Post subject: So who here wants or wanted a big white wedding ?
Not me !!!

I got married on 15th September 2000 which seems like forever ago !!! Neither of us wanted a big white church do so we decided instead of spending all that money on a church do, we spent all that money on ourselves, jetted off to Barbados and got hitched over there !!!

Okay so David wore the kilt and i had a white dress but that was as traditional as we got, we got married on the beach in the afternoon, it was so relaxing, drinking champagne in the sun, aaahhhh bliss !!!

Here is a wee picture but don't laugh !!! It was 8 years ago so it's a bit retro !!! The other couple were our witnesses. This is my fav wedding pic as it was the most natural, i have no idea what we were laughing at but i remember it was funny at the time !!!

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:32 am 
Post subject:
God, sorry for the huge massive picture, i dont know how to scale them down !!!
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:35 am 
Post subject: xx
IM NOT GETTING MARRIED

unless its on a beach somerwere really hot n tropical. n after were married i want 2 go in the sea n kiss swim laugh.

tht wud b my perfect wedding n im not getting married unless i get it
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:39 am 
Post subject:
thats a lovely pic hun.... love your dress Laughing

Me and OH have been engaged for years, we talk about getting married but thats about it Confused
I'm really happy way we are at mo... but we might get hitched 1 day.

I like what you did though, jetting of to sumwhere sunny.... might be sumthing we do (1day Laughing )
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:42 am 
Post subject:
Awww

You look beautiful and so happy. I wish I'd have done that instead of putting up with squabbling relatives. We celebrate our 15th anniversary in October and we are supposed to be retaking our vows because we didn't have a big white wedding, but it isn't going to happen now, maybe on our 20th.

I have been running my own wedding dress shop and I am currently closing down and I have now got about 40 wedding dresses in my bedroom, and it is driving me mad. So if you know anyone who is planning on getting married please let me know!!!

P.s
Happy anniversary for the 15th September.

Lisa
xx
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:44 am 
Post subject:
Thanks guys, it was definitely the best wedding day ever, really relaxed and the thing that stands out about that day is that i have never laughed so much in my life, it was such a good day Very Happy
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:10 am 
Post subject:
Well, we have never been into big weddings so we got married at a registry office, there was 11 people in total (including me & hubby) we went for a meal afterwards, then at night went bowling!!! It was a really small do but the happiest day of my life (well until I found out I was pregnant, then that was the happiest Smile !!!) We have now been together for nearly 11 years since I was 16 and married for nearly 4. I'm at work so can't post a picture BOOOO!!

Susan xx

NicolaOasis
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:13 am 
Post subject:
Big weddings aren't for me either, it just seems like too much stress and hassle.

It's very strange looking back at wedding pics, i was only 25 back then, i don't think i have changed too much but David really has and so has the best man, both of them definitely don't have as much hair as that !!! Very Happy
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:12 am 
Post subject:
I wanted to run away and get married on a sunny beach somewhere (2nd time for me), but hubby wanted the traditional wedding. I'm really glad we did, we managed to get a 'whirlwind wedding' at St Audries in West Quantoxhead which was the most incredible day. We only had 8 weeks to organise it, but they do most of the preparations and everything else just fell into place. This is when the family rift appeared as my mil just didn't have enough time to get used to 'losing her son'. But hey ho, at least i don't have to see her anymore so everything worked out well in the end Very Happy

We got married the weekend before Christmas and i love looking back at the photos and seeing everyone in such a happy mood. It was definitely the best day of my life x

NicolaOasis
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:06 pm 
Post subject:
That sounds like a perfect day xx
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:30 pm 
Post subject:
we got married in the Carribean too Very Happy Dominican Republic, and it was just the most perfect day - not a cloud in the sky. We had a fantastic holiday with 20 people - only those we REALLy wanted which was ace - and then me and hubby went on for another 2 weeks on the East coast of the island.

Our reason was really religion. DH is a believer, his family are quite religious, and I'm sorry but I just don't believe in god, so would have felt really hypocritical having a church wedding - BUT I wanted something more special then a registry office... so... beach, sun, wonderful time it was!! Everyone wore what they liked, the chaps mostly wore linen suits or trousers with nice bright shirts, my DH wore a white linen suit (LOL - he looked like Don Johnson hehe) with a very smart Paul Smith shirt underneath, the ladies all wore lovely sun dresses, my bridesmaids and maid of honour wore dresses that contrasted rather than matching - all in lilac or purple, and I wore a knee-length silk evening dress and 6 inch pink snakeskin heels - both from TK Maxx sale and costing a total of 19 lol.

We had the best time, and have the loveliest photos ever Very Happy would definitely recommend it!!
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:41 pm 
Post subject:
oooh it looks lovely-and 15th sept is my birthday Very Happy Very Happy !!lol

I always say id like to get married on a beach somewhere-not bothered about the big church do!! i would love to get married in Jamaica though..............'im dreamin' lol xx
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
its surprisingly cheap actually Very Happy

ours cost less than a church do with all the reception and stuff, even when we included an extra 2 weeks honeymoon! plus, all the guests pay for themselves lol. The only downside is no wedding prezzies, but if you've been together a while, or are living together, that doesn't seem to matter too much.
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:47 pm 
Post subject:
nah-not bothered bowt the prezzies-just want to be his 'mrs' lol Laughing

xx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:33 pm 
Post subject:
i got married april last year didnt ahve big white wedding.
only had 4 weeks to organise it. i like spur of the moment things.

we just got married at local registry office and close family attended then we went to local bar/pub and had reception.
and then on the evening had friends come for a booze up.

our daughter was 5 months at the time her great gradma looked after her overnight and we stayed at hotel. and then went to corfu for a week.

was not too expensive. auntie did the wedding cake as a present. my sister is hairdresser so she did my hair. my dress was 150 and got shows given and hair accesories etc from my mum from her wedding. my mam paid for hotel and his mam paid for hire of pub. and my nana bought the food.

so all we paid for was my dress and his suit.

was a lovely day didnt want a big white wedding was just ahpyp to be getting married.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular