So who here wants or wanted a big white wedding ?

going4four
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:43 pm 
Post subject:
We were going for the big white wedding in a church hundreds of people that we didnt know huge reception, but 6 weeks before the big day the groom got cold feet and did a runner so we cancelled everything. We got back together about a month later i felt like [*@!#%*] obviously. But a year later we had another beautiful baby boy and 3 months after the birth we got engaged again and about 8 months later we had a small wedding in a register office with our closest friends and family then had a big party with a karaoke and everyone had a great time. I still wore my big dress lol there was no way in the world i would have give that up but i wouldnt have changed a single thing about the day at all.

Carrie
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:15 pm 
Post subject:
yer sounds lovely. glad u got married in the end and enjoyed ur day.

no offence to anyone who has had big white wedding but my mam had one couple years bak and just felt liek loadsa ppl were there she didnt even no and all this formal speeches and sit down meal felt very out of place lol. and both me and my sister were prenant at 18 and 20 quite funny really. cost a lot of money and felt like a big show for everyone.

my nan sed she preferred my wedding Razz

SusanandLibby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:35 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah my brother got married on 12th July, they spent thousands, they are soooo NOT religious I though it was such a big farce getting married in a church. My SIL mum basically ran the whole thing, my Dad had to pay to hire his suit that he didn't even want to wear, they kept going on and on at my hubby about wearing a suit (he didn't even wear one to our wedding!!!) my mum felt like she had to spend a fortune on an outfit that she'll only wear once, god I could go on and on. Anyway in the end my parents both said they much preferred our wedding as it was so relaxed and people could wear what they wanted. Sorry for the rant Embarassed

Susan xx

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:01 pm 
Post subject:
yer i think ppl pay way too much money!!!

Shevi
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:08 pm 
Post subject:
I feel terrible after reading everyones posts. Laughing I had a "big" wedding, I had 200 people at my Wedding, I loved my day, it was very special, I just hated my dress, its the only thing i would change, other than that. It was my wedding !!!! Very Happy
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:18 pm 
Post subject:
Dont feel bad, its all about preference !!!

Its good to splash out on your wedding, we spent 10,000 just on the holiday to Barbados which is obscene really but we flew first class and it was amazing. A definite one off, i couldnt afford to do it again xx
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:26 pm 
Post subject:
Im definately only getting married once. I cant afford another wedding. If i convert to pounds, our wedding cost 17 000 pounds.
Not sure if thats alot !!!
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:33 pm 
Post subject:
Id Love a Big, I mean HUGE, white wedding in a church near mine with all my family and friends and Bf's family and friends and have a Huge party in a big old posh venue where the alcohol flows and everyone dances and then me and OH jet off 2 the Barbados for 2wks! BLISS!!!!!!! Oh, and I want a Really expensive B-E-A-Utiful Dress!!
Shame I dont think the Bf will ever ask me Sad
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:44 pm 
Post subject:
Well if he does, i definitely recommend Barbados Smile Amazing little island !!!
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:01 pm 
Post subject:
i think all us girls hav dreamd of a huge white wedding at some point....but what we get is sometimes not quite wot we've dreamed of Laughing
Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
your picture is absolutely gorgeous!!!

my partner and i got engaged in november and were planning a big white wedding this year but then i got pregnant so it's had to be put back until next june/july. i have a deposit down on a 1500 biiiiiig white wedding dress....just for one day i want to be as pretty as a princess and have the big dream wedding. unfortunately money doesn't allow for anything super lavish and we don't have a lot of family/friends so i guess it'll end up being a reasonable small wedding...i'm not giving up my dress though!! Evil or Very Mad Laughing

NicolaOasis
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:21 pm 
Post subject:
Dont give up the dress, we were going to be quite casual on the day but you only get married once ( hopefully ) so i decided to go for the dress and David wore his kilt, im so glad we did xx
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
dont feel bad bout having big white wedding we all want different things.

i only spent about 2500 on all of my wedding including dress weedding, reception, night do and our honeymoon.

fifitot
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
hey...im getting married next sat..even though im avin a big wedding and the big dress in a church wiv 110guests 4 the day+extra 50ppl at nite, we'v kept our costs down by gettin hitched at 4pm and having a huge hall,buffet and disco, thats all i want+happy with,but if got married earlier wouldv had 2 start payin out 4 sit down meals etc+im not in to that, so my advise would b 2 ne1 wanting the whole church wedding get married late as poss+will save u a fortune+ur guests wil thankyou becuz they wont have time to get bored betwen church,photos,speeches,food and disco...lol! And then wiv wot u save have an amazing honeymoon, we are goin 2 mexico..even tho im taking our 2year old son becuz i cant bear to leave him,im sure it wil be fan tastic, thats my advise anyways x
beauy1
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:31 pm 
Post subject:
I got married 2 days before christmas 2006, we didn't want a large wedding so we got married at the reg office although i did have a big white dress and my mom n dad suprised me with a rolls royce to take me there other than that we had a do at home and squeezed 75 people into our house, it was lovely and not a drop of alchol all day as we are t total. We do want to have a big white one or go abroad and renew our vows once it's been 10 years ( we will if i don't kill him in a mood swing by then Laughing )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular