weight gain

missgenie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:28 pm 
Post subject: weight gain
ok, only 7 weeks... but since my last period 02-11-07... i have gained 2 stone and hating it. i do not eat for 2 i have not changed the way i eat. i eat healthier now more then ever. Is this normal? im getting depressed my partner just says he loves me no matter, but i feel horrible. Has anyone got any advise. I dont like feeling this way i've waited 6 long years to become pregnant and i want to enjoy this time.
Sakura
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:02 pm 
Post subject: weight gain
hey!!
i totally understand how you feel! when i got pregnant with my first son i was size 6 and 8st 3lb - by the time i was 9 weeks i had put on 2st - by the time he was born (and i was overdue by nearly 4weeks) i weighed 14st 7lb and could have been more because at that point i got sooooo depressed about it i couldnt bear to look at the scales again! so in total i put on 6st 7lb and was a size 20.

at the delivery, however, i lost exactly 3st, Evan being 9lb of that and it took me a good year to lose the weight, i got back to an 8, but still had 10lb of it to go when i fell pregnant with my second son.im now 26 weeks with him and have already put on just over 3st again and like you i don't eat for 2 so it could just be the way our bodies are?!?!

sorry i can't give you a reason why this happens but thought i'd let you know it's happened to me too so your'e not on your own but i do understand how you feel it gets me down most days and i cant even wear maternity clothes coz im so out of proportion - husbands t-shirts and pyjama bottoms are the answer for me - so i just keep reminding myself of being able to go back to the gym once this is all over - and having been a fitness instructor i find it incredibly embarrasing when my old gym buddies comment on how big my thighs are, how many tyres are round my waist and how moon shaped my face is!

but if youre eating normally and putting this weight on then theres a good chance it is just baby and watery / tissuey bits and not you! hope this makes you feel a bit better anyway, good luck!

xxx
missgenie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:38 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you. I feel alot better just knowing im not on my own... I hope its just the pregnancy and not me too! Its keeping me going to know after i can do something about it.. Thanks Sakura x
JumpingJo100
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:12 pm 
Post subject:
Im 6 weeks gone and im already unable to wear my usual Jeans..... so my sister has given me some of her maternity Jeans and iv found that im soooo much more comfortable in them!!
My weight gain has got to me in ways but then we should remeber that we shouldnt be thinking of our figures like we usually do... but we should be eatting healthy for our baby's sake..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular