Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
Maisiesmummy wrote:
hi everyone

maisie was weighed today and was 10 lb exactly... xxx

she is on infant gaviscon for reflux and its worked wonders...only thing is its making her a little constipated.. Crying or Very sad hate seeing her struggling ..was told to give her cooled boiled water with a bit of fresh orange juice in... shes guzzling it but it doesnt seem to help her much..

hope everyone else is well.... maisie wakes just once now in the night at around 5am...so getting a lot more sleep now and feeling more human

went to the docs today for my 6wk check and was told my tummy muscles are back together again with no gap so no excuse nw i need to exercise lol!! also got my supplies of the pill...not ready for another just yet! just waiting for AF to arrive! lol
x

Hello Bella - sorry for all of the questions but what else do they do on the 6 week check - is there an internal? Does your stomach look like it used to if the muscles are back together or is there work to do after that? I'm just wondering as my stomach is looking very podgy so I'm assuming my muscles are still separated.
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:37 pm 
Post subject:
hi littleted
there was no internal but then again i didnt tear during labour or have stitches...i only had one small stitch in threatre after the removal of the retained placenta so the doctor may have done an internal if i tore or maybe if i was in any pain still

she basically just asked me q's like, has the bleeding stopped? (it stopped after 3 wks), have i had a period? (not yet), what contraception i wanted, so i got the pill...she felt my tummy and said the muscles are back but my stomach doesnt look anything like what it used to Sad I used to go the gym 4 times a week and did lots of abs work...now it just looks flabby..got a lot of work to do!

she also took my blood pressure and that was really about it

hope ur doing well... i tried to start diet today ...so not liking it at all but need to take drastic action against the baby bulge! x

littleted
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:02 am 
Post subject:
Thanks so much - are you back to your normal weight? I am but I look about a stone heavier!
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:03 pm 
Post subject:
i tried to book for 6 week check at my surgery and got told i had to wait till im 8 weeks . its going to be a busy week i have 1 appointment on monday for me and liam to see doctor then have to go back on wednesday to see the nurse for liams injections plus second half of postnatal check plus im having the implant put in my arm .im not looking forward to it i think there will be a lot of tears .do they weigh the babies at the check up? hows everyone getting on is anyones baby sleeping through the night yet?.liam still wakes up twice he will go longer if his last bottle is at 10 but if its 8 he wakes at 2 .
dixxychick
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hey all,

I had my 6wk check a couple of wks ago and they basically just take ur blood pressure, ask u some questions and thats about it. I tore and needed stitches but they never checked. Last time they were checked was when mw signed me over to hv but obv they'll be healed now.

Drew had her 8wk check n jabs yesterday Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad . They checked her hips, heart, eyes etc etc and then a jab in each leg. The poor thing broke her heart but it was for the best, she obv needed em doin. She was also weighed and had her head circumference measured. Shes now 11lb 3oz and spot on the 50th centile so thats brill Very Happy Doc said 'you have a perfect average baby' and laughed when i asked what that was cos DD was always WAY over the scale bein born at 9lb.

Drews happily sleeping through the night, she has her last bottle upstairs at 9pm and then will generally sleep through until 6am so i can cope with that. Hope Liam starts to give you a 'break' soon

xxx

Maisiesmummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:31 pm 
Post subject:
littleted well done getting back to your normal weight!!! i have 2 stone to lose!!!!! eeeek!!! although my boobs seem to be where most of the weight is... i was really small chested before but they seem huge now! started lots of walking with the pram hoping to shift some weight and then im rejoining the gym in may

Maisie isnt quite sleeping through, we give her her lase feed at about 11pm and she goes till 5am then she will have her next feed and will sleept till 11am!! lol lazy baby! x

littleted
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:10 am 
Post subject:
Maisiesmummy wrote:
littleted well done getting back to your normal weight!!! i have 2 stone to lose!!!!! eeeek!!! although my boobs seem to be where most of the weight is... i was really small chested before but they seem huge now! started lots of walking with the pram hoping to shift some weight and then im rejoining the gym in may

Maisie isnt quite sleeping through, we give her her lase feed at about 11pm and she goes till 5am then she will have her next feed and will sleept till 11am!! lol lazy baby! x

I was porky before I got pregnant so I only put on 2 stone and then it seemed to drop off when the baby was born and with breast feeding - god knows what my boobs will end up like when the breastfeeding stops - spaniels ears comes to mind! I'm guessing if you were superfit before it'll be quicker to regain your shape - I wish I'd done a bit more exercise before and during pregnancy. I'd love it if Amelia went from 11pm - 5am - hopefully she will soon!

Do they say anything about pelvic floor at the 6 week check - I'm assuming that as i haven't wet or pooed myself then the pelvic floor is OK?
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:35 am 
Post subject:
Glad everyone is doing well and its nice our babies all seem to be getting in routienes Annabel has her last feed at 10:30 and then goes till 3:30 but then gets up at 6:30 so cant complain at that feeling alot more human, Just really struggling with a toddler aswell but family are helping me alot so am so grateful

Midwife and HV discharged us last week when should I take annabel to be weighted she was weighed last week so is next week ok or should I have gone this week?

littleted
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
Once I got discharged I just take Amelia to be weighed every 2 weeks
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:53 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Littleted I will take her next week then cant wait too see how much she has put on lol

dixxychick
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:28 am 
Post subject:
Where i am they say to get baby weighed every month from birth to 6months and then every 2months from 6months to 1yr
It was every week when i had my DD but that was 5yrs ago!!

Hope everyone is good Very Happy

Didele
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya

Had Connor at the docs today for his first jags - the wee soul was so good but is a bit cranky and sleepy now.

Any advise on how to get him to take a later feed? He eats at 8pm and can sleep until 1am but need to get a later feed into him to cut out the 1am feed Confused

My diet starts next week ( or maybe the week after) Laughing
I lost 2 stone while pregnant but I had it to lose so now I have over a stone left to lose. Pregnancy was the best diet but now I have my appetite back and have found chocolate. Embarassed
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:58 pm 
Post subject:
my only advise is to gradually push back the 8pm bottle, eg leavin it till 8:15 then 8:30 etc etc until u get it to where u want it. Drew has her last bottle at 9pm and was then waking between 2:30 and 3 (instead of 1). Sounds really mean but after a lil while of her havin a bottle at that time, i found it was mucking up the routine for the rest of the day so gradually i made her wait (puttin dummy back in and she nodded back off, whereas i was usually gettin up) until she was wakin at 5. I was fine with that cos thats when her next bottle would have been due but i was finding by the time id got back upstairs from warming bottle, she'd gone back to sleep so i made her wait until 6 when she'd be awake properly...... so now she goes from 10ish through till 6

Hope that makes sense, its quite hard typing with 1 hand when u got a baby in the other LOL xxx

clare1980
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:10 pm 
Post subject:
My advice is how I did with Henry and do with Annabel also at her last bottle at 10 pm is do a dream feed (from Tracey Hogg Baby whisperer) basically pop my hand under her neck gently while she is sleeping in moses basket slide the teat into her mouth and she will drinks it while still asleep - there is no need to wind as they are so relaxed they only take in minimal air you do this until they are about 7 months when you gradually stop the dream feed

Didele
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:51 am 
Post subject:
Thank you for the advice girls. Connor had a feed at 10.30pm and slept until 4.30am - hurahhh!

He may have been sleepy from the jabs but still it shows he can do it Very Happy

More sleep is on it's way!!
Page 85 of 88

Jump to:  

Community

Popular