FEBRUARY MUMMIES 2011 XXXXXXXXXX

littleted
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:15 am 
Post subject:
I'm having real problems with Amelia waking in the night - it goes OK until 2am then everything goes pearshaped! She has a bottle at 7pm and then at 11/12pm (dream feed and also change bum). I would then hope she'd sleep til at least 3am and then til 6 or 7am which would suit me as that would mean only one feed in the night. Unfortunately not! Last night she woke at 2am and had a really good feed and bum change but then woke at 3am, 4am, 5am, 6am (each time I settled her with her dummy). When she wakes she doesn't actually cry but does a lot of stretching her arms and legs, rubbing her face and grunting (sometimes in her sleep) like she's doing something that requires a lot of effort - this wakes us up and we need to quieten her so we can go back to sleep. I don't know what to do - does anyone have any suggestions?
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:48 pm 
Post subject:
hi littleted i have the same problem but from 5 am liam wakes at 3.45 for his feed put him back to bed and he stays awake this goes on till his next feed at 7 .45 then he goes to sleep. i guess they will grow out of it eventually but it is hard when your tired .just wish i could go back to bed but have to get boys to school most days . hope everyone eles is ok and babies are well
Didele
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:56 pm 
Post subject:
Littleted - Connor is exactly the same in the small hours of the morning. He appears to be a sleep by there's alot of arm and legs thrashing, face rubbing and grunting. It looks exhausting but he can do it for hours. The problem is it keeps us awake and no matter how much I try I cannot settle him.

I have asked the doc and health visitor because he sounds like he really struggling at times but they don't seem concerned so I have kind of accepted thats what he does.

OH and I take it turn about to sleep with him because of all the grunting and groaning otherwise noone would be getting any sleep. Confused He might be going into his own room sooner than I thought!
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
Annie used to do all the grunting and leg thrashing thing! She's settled down now though. I try to give her a last feed around 9-11...depending when she wakes for it and then she usually sleeps through till 5-7. I'm feeling much more human like as well but I keep having really emotional days when I can't control my emotions and i shed a few tears! It's just sometimes hard to stay on top of house work and it gets to me!!! But i'm sure my hormones will sort themselves out soon.
No-one every checked my stitches so i hope they were ok!
And I'm no where near back to my pre-pregnancy body Surprised( Got another 2 stone to lose and ALOT of toning! I don't know if i'm going to be able to do it!! It used to be so easy to get to the gym before Annie! Now I really struggle.
I'm still loving being a Mum though. Annie is perfect Surprised)

x
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:36 pm 
Post subject:
amy i still have a long way to go to get my pre preg body bk too iv lost 11lb so far but still another stone and a half to loose it is coming off quick tho so shudnt complain! i just want to get bk in my normal clothes! dylan is doing really well he is so good i really am lucky, he slept right through last night got up for his breakfast at 6.40 then went back to sleep untill 9.30 so i had a nice lie in then was wonen by my little girl with breakfast in bed for mothers day so iv had a lovley morning! hope everyone else has had a lovley mothersday! x

amyxpearce
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:42 pm 
Post subject:
Emma I can't believe how active Maisy is in your facebook video!! She loves that play gym bless her!! x
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:03 pm 
Post subject:
amy i know she goes absolutley crazy on her playmat! lol... she loves it and shes constantly on the go...arms n legs always on the move...she tried to fight her sleep during the day as if she thinks she will be missing out on something! bless...

shes always trying to stand when i hold her...shes getting really strong.

i had my GTT to check i have no diabetes after having gestational diabetes and im chuffed it came back normal.

hope ur all well... ive cut out chocolate and tryin to limit my calories but cant seem to shift this last 2stone Sad anyone else got this much to lose?? x

xxblondiexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:08 pm 
Post subject:
yep me iv lost 11lb but still got around a stone and a half to go, also lots of tummy exercises to do, got lots of nights out planned over the next few months and i so want to be back to my normal size i feel like a complete frump Sad

ladye
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:26 pm 
Post subject:
hi everyone really nervous about tomorrow liam having his jabs done and im having the implant put in my arm,not looking forward to it i hate needles .wish i had someone to go with but my hubby got to pick aaron up from school and my friends are busy .i guess i'll just have to be brave hope liam will be ok as well it will break my heart to see him cry. hope everyone eles is ok
Didele
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:52 am 
Post subject:
Good lick ladye you'll be fine, I went myself last week. Hard to watch your wee one getting jagged but he recovered quickly from the screaming and even managed half a smile .
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:31 pm 
Post subject:
thanks didele it went ok my arm really sore today and liam a little grumpy but he has managed a few smiles so i think im forgiven ,but they do make you feel guilty
littleted
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
I'm glad he's Ok ladye. Can I ask, does anyone still have that dark line down their belly?
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:50 pm 
Post subject:
hi ladys how are we all?

what is everyones babas weighing in at now?
dylan is doing well got a bit of cradle cap anyone know the best thing to use for it?
we are just 1hr off him sleeping through so hopefully in the next few weeks he goes to bed at 9.30 and wakes at 6.00 has a bottle then has another hours sleep x

Didele
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:25 am 
Post subject:
I wish Connor was anywhere near sleeping through - the other night was a one off - he's back to eating every 2.5/3 hours.

Had him weighed this week and he's 11lb 7oz. I asked about his feeding as he only takes from 2-4oz max at a time. She did say that's not alot but he's putting on weight as he should be so not too worried. He won't take more so I guess he will eat more often - dont know what to do other than just go with the flow?

Sorry litteted and Blondie maybe the other girls can advise.
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:56 am 
Post subject:
Littleted - i never had one in this pregnancy (not sure why) so cant comment on that

Blondie - my 1st born had bad cradle cap, they say u can use olive oil but u can buy special cradle cap shampoo and that worked a treat Surprised)

Hope everyone is good xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2011 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87, 88  Next
Page 86 of 88

Jump to:  

Community

Popular