cerebal palsy

Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:14 pm 
Post subject:
If she definitely has it then it's low tone so nothing they can do except physio, occupational and speech therapists, all of which she's already having

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
wat is an occupational therapist?? lol KIeran has been refered to one but i have no idea what one is.. ive never heard of it before xXx
Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:35 pm 
Post subject:
they teach the fine motor skills...like holding pencils, doing colouring/writing etc...tbh though mine is sh*t and has never done anything, she seems to just act as assistant for the physio

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:51 am 
Post subject:
kenty - been doin everything physios told us to do and georgias been hold herself for 5 seconds or so then falls bak on me or to the side and shes almost 8 months. maybe im pre worryign and georgia will sit unaided soon im not sure.

must be hard not knowing.hope u get some answers.

loolahoop - not long to wait then loolahoop hope the appointment goes well.

yer cp is just seein all the therapists to help them progress.

my aunti has cp but hers is more severe. she got pnemunia when she was a baby and then diagnosed with cp but she has other health problems aswell but overall she lives a happy life she is dependant on care but shes one of the happiest ppl i know:)

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:11 am 
Post subject:
Hia my bby is having an MRI scan within the next couple of weeks and theywill be trying to rule out cerebal palsy which has been mentioned to us that he may have or some other disability which is causing his scoliosis. The hardest part is the waiting and I'm not frightened of the outcome, we will cross that bridge when we get to it, what's scaring us is the putting him to sleep to do the tests!
He had the cord around his neck at birth and went blue a few times after and had to go to special care.
Everything is a bit scary at the moment it's horrible when you have a tiny baby and there might be somethng wrong with them.
Good luck to all the other little one's xx
Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:48 pm 
Post subject:
hey hot cross bun

lily-ann has an MRI done about 6months ago now and although it's traumatic it's nothing to worry too much about.....they let me hold her while they administered hers and she just went floppy like she fell asleep...the hardest part was seeing her so drugged up when she came out, but within an hour she a hundred times better

i went through just about every test with lily-ann before they finally diagnosed her and i understand how scary it all is so if you need any advice, or just someone to chat to feel free to message me xxx

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi he's got his MRI tomorrow so nil by mouth for most of the day from breakfast until his scan at 2.30. They now think that his spinal cord is stuck somehow inside his spine which is causing his spine to curve in such a weird way. They did lots of other neurological tests and he passed most of them but has a mild developmental delay and bone density reduction. They've put him in the moderate to severe category of scoliosis so we'll just have to wait and see what the outcome of the MRI is to see what is causing it and whether it is what they think it is. Thanks Kenty you've put my mind at ease a little about the anaesthetic xx
hoping4number2
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hot cross bun - just wanted to tell you that my little boy has had 2 general anesthestics and he's been fine both times! The first was at 14 months for an epagastric hernia and the second was just before he was 3 for grommets being fitted into his ear - both times he was up and about within half an hour!! He amazed me, i think children are a lot better at these things that adults! He was eating and running around within the hour each time. It's painful to watch them go to sleep but they are not in pain, you just feel bad for them and it's not nice to see it. After that, it's fine and they bounce back so quickly.

Good luck to you for yours, I'm sure it will all go well and i hope you get the outcome you want.

xx
Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hi sorry I feel like I've piggybacked this thread and hijacked it! Anyway the scan went ok and the results were normal!! So they have diagnosed it as idiopathic he's to have more tests and corrective physio but the good news is he won't need surgery and there's no cp. he didn't mind having nil by mouth even tho they were an hour late!
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:56 am 
Post subject:
glad the scan went well and results were normal.

sounds silly but an mri is a brain scan yes?

georgia has to have a ultrasound/xray to see if she had dislocated hip and in 3 months time there gonna assess her agen see if she needs brain scan so that will be mri rite?

Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:15 pm 
Post subject:
yes hun, an mri is a brain scan

hope the results come back good for her xx

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:32 am 
Post subject:
thanx kenty still waiting on the appointment for the hip scan/xray.

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:19 pm 
Post subject:
When my LO went for his MRI they said he wasn't allowed to have anything metal on him, clothes with poppers etc so I dressed him appropriately, they didn't tell me not to wear metal either!! I thought it was so it didn't show up on the scan but it's because the magnet draws anything metal towards it so any hairclips etc come flying out and get sucked into the machine, so consequently I wasn't allowed to go with him and he had to go in all by himself - I was a bit mad!! So don't have anything metal when you take your LO to have an MRI scan!

xx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:21 pm 
Post subject:
thanx for that advice:)

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:10 pm 
Post subject:
thort id post an updated.

georgia had her hip xray in december and results come back clear. her hips are all fine.

were back at consultant 21st march to asses her development and decide if she will be sent for mri scan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Special Needs All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular