new to this!

DOBSON
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:43 pm 
Post subject: new to this!
hi everyone.
Myself and my husband have decided to start trying for our first baby!
I am so excited but terrified aswell! Will my baby be healthy?will I be a good mum? will I know how to look after my baby properly?Is labour really awful (im a bit of a wimp!).....so many questions! Is it natural to have theese worries and will they pass when I do concieve?

all a bit scarey really but so exciting at the same time!

Is what i am feeling normal? Can someone please tell me the truth about labour and if it really is horrific? All my mum tells me is that "it is a pain you soon forget"....forgive me but something that big trying to get out of a space that small???....not sure id forget that in a hurry!
Anyway I hope there is someone out there who either feels the same way I do or has done and has words of reassurance!

Thanks for reading.
xx Surprised
dg1309
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:23 am 
Post subject: stop worrying
hi

i have 2 kids already - both boys 1 is 5 and the other 2

i was 25 when i had my oldest and i am only a tiny size 8 and was told i was having a 8 to 9lb baby- gosh did i panic- anyway i went into labour at 37 weeks and i just had a slight thigh ache- went into hospital and was told i was 4 cm - got to 8 no probs and then decided it was getting quite bad the pain so had pethidine which made me feel really doped up and then i just couldnt get baby out as his head was tilted so had a c section - believe me i got to 10cm and so close to getting him out and no the pain was ok- u have to keep telling urself its gonna get worse and before u know it baby will be out

i am sure u will be fine !!
DOBSON
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:31 am 
Post subject:
thanks so much for answering some of my questions!
Its a very scarey but exciting time.No joy yet....but its good fun trying!
would you like to have any more children?

whats the best thing about being a mum?

xxx
dg1309
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:58 pm 
Post subject: yes trying
we decided to try for baby 3 just this month- i have 2 boys and would love a girl
its hard to describe what the best thing about having kids is..... there are ups and downs but overall its the best gift god can give you

there are times when the boys drive me crazy but when tucked up in bed asleep they seem so adorable.... keep trying i am sure we will be there very soon- i fell with in 2 mths of trying with both so fingers crossed x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular